General Manager(478 Views)
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level. Afghan Telecom calls for applications per its General Manager Post.
Afghan Telecom Zone manager is the official representative of Afghan Telecom at zone level. She/he will implement Afghan Telecom plans and reach objectives at the specific zone and selected provinces.
Responsibilities include day to day administration of all internal operations. Prepares long and short range budgets and work plans. Monitors adherence of the Telecom to approved budgets and work plans. Evaluates new technologies and service offerings. Reviews compensation arrangements to ensure that settlements, pooling and access revenues are maintained.
|Date Posted:||13 Aug 2018||Reference:||020|
|Closing Date:||22 Aug 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• System improvements; implementing change
• Accomplishes regional sales human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees in assigned districts
• Communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions, planning and procedures.
• Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
• Develop data archive and profile of all stakeholders and establish coordination between provinces and districts
• Follow rules and regulations , policies and roadmaps in order to represent Afghan Telecom as the only public sector telecom corporation
• Establish M&E mechanisms for existing operational plans and staff activities
• Establish communication platforms with local authorities, stockholders district officials
• Accomplishes sales and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Directs activities of the communication’s division’s administration and finance operation by scheduling and assigning work, determining methods for doing work, checking quality of work, handling personnel issues, and monitoring work flow to ensure timely completion of activities.
• Assists Afghan Telecom HQ with management of daily telecommunications operations of the cooperative. Participates in policy development and interprets and administers programs according to policies and procedures.
• Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for districts in support of Afghan Telecom objectives.
• Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes, surveying consumer needs and trends, tracking competitors.
• Prepares long and short term budgets and work plans used in implementation of Afghan Telecom objectives
• Maintains and expands customer base by counseling district sales representatives, identifying new customer opportunities.
• Evaluates viability of new technology and service offerings for continued company development and expansion
• Works closely with other managers to insure proper communications and exchange of experiences
• Submit Monthly, quarterly and annual reports and initiatives as per guideline to CAPO
• Knowledge of telecommunications industry.
• Knowledge of telecom operations, technology, and equipment.
• Knowledge of regulatory environment and the business impact of proposed and adopted regulatory changes.
• Knowledge of management and finance principles and practices.
• Knowledge of company products and services.
• Knowledge of company policy and procedures.
• Skill in operating various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs, and telephone systems.
• Skill in oral and written communications.
• Skill in reading and understand financial reports, industry regulations, and proposed legislation. Ability to communicate with customers, employees, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
• Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work as segments.
• Ability to pay close attention to detail.
• Ability to make sound decisions using information at hand.
• Ability to create a team environment and sustain employee morale.
Bachelor’s degree in management or equivalent experience plus three to five years of experience in telecom management.
Afghanistan - Paktia
Bachelors Degree, Management
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications explaining their interest (cover letter) and detailed CV . Kindly mention the vacancy number (020) - General Manager in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|Taqnin Team Lead at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||30 Aug 2018|
|Water Institution Expert at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||16 Sep 2018|
|Hydrologist at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||16 Sep 2018|
|Hydraulic Modeller at Abram Global Group of Companies||Kabul||16 Sep 2018|
|Deputy Team Leader, Water Resources Engineer at Abram Global Group of Com..||Kabul||16 Sep 2018|
|Senior Assistant – Government Liaison at National Democratic Institute ..||Kabul||29 Aug 2018|
|Project Manager Support/Assistant at NETLINKS||Kabul||22 Aug 2018|
|Regional Program Assistant at National Democratic Institute for Internati..||Multi Cities||25 Aug 2018|
|Regional Program Manager at National Democratic Institute for Internation..||Multi Cities||25 Aug 2018|
|Organizational Development SME at MOIA||Kabul||24 Aug 2018|
|Gender Manager at National Democratic Institute for International Affairs||Kabul||23 Aug 2018|
|Deputy Chief of Team - Advisors at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||25 Aug 2018|