Hydraulic Modeller(979 Views)
About Abram Global Group of Companies
Abram Global Group of Companies (AGGC) is non-governmental, non-partisan, non- political organization and its established to assist in the development, rehabilitation and reconstruction of Afghanistan; fully controlled and run by professional, well educated, experienced and young peoples. AGGC is a group of companies and providing products and services in following different divisions.
- Construction Divisions
- Construction Lab. Divisions
- Elevators Divisions
- Logistics Divisions
- Trading Divisions
- Consultancy Service
|Date Posted:||18 Aug 2018||Reference:||AGGC-334|
|Closing Date:||16 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||6 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Technical leadership of a modelling team
• Gathering, reviewing and analyzing data for use in developing the hydrodynamic model.
• Management of data gathering and input to the preparation of briefs for gathering of further information including topo surveys.
• Management and supervision of design and development of hydrodynamic model including calibration and sensitivity.
• Preparing modeling reports and users’ manual.
• Producing high resolution flood hazard inundation maps suitable for use in landuse planning, development zoning, flood risk mitigation design, establishment of flood insurance criteria, raising public awareness, and emergency planning. Maps will be produced for a number of different return periods and for a range of climate change scenarios.
• Providing training in hydrological and hydraulic modelling to practitioners at national and local government level and identify long-term training needs.
• Along with Hydrologist and GIS Expert he/she will introduce advanced tools and methods in FRM that are scientifically sound and evidence-based;
• Providing input to the development of the long and short lists of structural and non-structural options by providing qualitative hydraulic technical assessments of conceptual long-listed options;
• Along with other experts he/she will undertake Feasibility outline and detailed design studies on each preferred option/flood alleviation scheme (structural and non-structural);
Hydraulic Modeller Must have Bachler degree in Related Filed and master Degree preferred and have at least 6 years work experience in a similar position, preferably with the privet sectors or International NGOs. Excellent command of Pashto, Dari and good command of English– both written and oral is also necessary. He/she must also be familiar with software such as: Microsoft Word and Excel. Good communication skills – both written and interpersonal will be essential, as most of the work will be done through a process of consultation at all levels.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Letters of Interest (Cover Letters) and CVs to below email address, please makes sure you put the vacancy number, Job title on the subject of your email.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Panjshir||02 Feb 2019|
|LLC Coordinator at SDROA||Panjshir||02 Feb 2019|
|Assistant to Management at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Storekeeper at AFTEL||Kunduz||21 Jan 2019|
|Project Manager at Coordination of Rehabilitation and Development Service..||Herat||20 Jan 2019|
|Technical Assistance Committee to the Anti-Mo.. at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Faryab||17 Jan 2019|
|Junior Professional / Program/Strategy at AWAL Development and Transform..||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|