Project coordinator Assistant(1656 Views)
About Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) Doctors Without Borders) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural or man-made disasters to populations in danger in more than 70 countries.
In this context, MSF is recruiting one Project coordinator Assistant
|Date Posted:||29 Aug 2018||Reference:||MSF-284|
|Closing Date:||24 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Operation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||51200 to 0 AFG|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide support to the Project Coordinator in the administrative part of coordination tasks, ensuring a smooth relation with local and national authorities, contributing to the context analysis and follow-up, providing translations and interpreting in order to ensure the smooth running of the project
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor and report on key issues (security, risk, etc.) to the Project Coordinator and provide support in analyzing contextual information, through a sound knowledge of counterparts, in different administrations in order to improve decision making processes
- File and update field contacts and correspondence (with other NGOs, UN agencies, local authorities, media, etc.) in order to ensure information sources accuracy and its availability on regular basis
- Assist the Project Coordinator in the drafting of correspondences with authorities and counterparts (government officials, UN agencies, NGOs, etc.) in order to ensure fluent and accurate communication flows
- Assist the Project Coordinator in Internal and External Communication sessions and events about MSF (for National staff, the Ministry of Health staff, as well as local authorities) in order to improve awareness and public opinion adhesion
- Ensures the continuity of relations with local actors and keeps updated the list of contacts
- Organize advocacy contacts and appointments for the Project Coordinator with local authorities and partners to ensure the continuity of relations with local actors and involved counterparts
- Execute clerk-related activities as well as prepare and conduct briefings on the project context to new employees in order to facilitate their integration on board and within the project environment
- Translate documents and act as an interpreter when needed
- Support the Project Coordinator on the preparation and implementation of field assessments in Herat Province
- Support the Project Coordinator and if required the Project Medical Referent in mapping of humanitarian actors and main influential actors in Herat Province in particular and Western Regional in general
REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES
- Secondary school diploma (12th class) essential
- University degree desirable
- Proficient user of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) essential
- Other experience in similar position desirable
- MSF experience desirable
- Have a sound knowledge of Herat province dynamics in particular and of Western region in general
- Dari/Pashtu: oral and written essential
- English: oral and written essential
WORKING HOURS AND SALARY
Full Time: 176 hrs a month, day shifts Sat-Wed.
The Gross salary for this position is 51 200 AFN per month (non-negotiable)
Afghanistan - Herat
High School, Operation
The interested candidates should submit their applications before Monday, 24th September 2018 at 15:00 am with the CV, motivation letter, including references details and with supporting documents (certificates, diplomas etc.) to;
- Médecins Sans Frontières, Administration office in HERAT Project via: E-mail: or drop in the CV box at MSF Herat Office, 29th Hamal Square, Near Almas Sharq Hall, District 5 Herat.
The reference “PC Assistant” should be mentioned to be valid. If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required diploma & other supporting documents, your application may not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. May the candidate be asked for any fee, he/she must report to MSF Administration through the recruitment contact.
|More jobs in this category|
|Store Manager at Asia Consultancy Group (ACG)||Kabul||30 Sep 2018|