Proposal Writer(1485 Views)
About Moraa Educational Complex
Moraa Educational Complex (MEC) is a comprehensive and all-inclusive educational center for women in Afghanistan. MEC is the first leading, the biggest conspicuous and the most unique educational complex in the history of Afghanistan. MEC offers practical and secure environment in which girls and young women can be educated according to Islamic and Afghan values, to a high educational standards based on modern teaching methods.
A proposal writer duties involve researching, writing and organizing ideas, conducting interviews, reviewing products or services, creating strategies, working with graphic designers and presenting proposals.
Prepares business proposals, business plans, quotations, by determining concept; gathering and formatting information; writing drafts; obtaining approvals. she will participating in key review meetings / final document review, content sign off and document production. Experience of coordinating and updating a knowledgebase system is beneficial.Excellent research skills and the ability to write persuasively and articulately are essential.
|Date Posted:||29 Aug 2018||Reference:||MEC-009|
|Closing Date:||31 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Any||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs), request for quotation (RFQs), ITBs and attending strategy meetings.
• Meets proposal/quotation deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
• Gathers proposal/quotation information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
• Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
• Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding and coordinate printing.
• Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
• Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; maintaining personal networks.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
• Concept development of the organization
• Lead and/or run the proposal creation process for the responses of MEC developments in conjunction with RFPs and RFIs (requests for information) received.
• Develop and maintain compelling, persuasive RFP content
• Build compliant outlines for RFPs/RFIs
• Assist in developing and maintaining a proposal/Business plan content library
• Work with the proposal team to support the sales team with client-facing, written communications
• Review proposals/Business plans to ensure a precise product ready for client review; proofread for content, grammar, style, formatting; edit, organize, and pull attachments and exhibits
• Consistently implement MEC brand messaging, including tone, style, and theme, within all responses. Effectively demonstrate and promote the MEC value proposition
• Liaise with MEC’ subject matter experts to inform responses to RFPs and/or to support the maintenance of content organized in knowledge base, including its technical accuracy
• Write clear, persuasive, and articulate proposal sections; translate technical and other ideas into easily understandable text; rewrite and review proposal sections and related proposal documents.
• Under the direction of the Line Manager, interview technical SMEs, Program Managers, Task Leads, and other technical personnel to collect technical and methodology information and incorporate that information into developing winning proposal content
• Thoroughly review all proposal response volumes and sections, ensuring written consistency (one voice) in the final proposal after review of various team and technical inputs
• Maintain and update proposal archives/databases, boilerplate past performance documents, and repository
• Rewrite technical material and coordinates with technical personnel to ensure accuracy
• Coordinate with functional areas, business areas, subcontractors and others to research and develop data required for technical proposal development.
• Perform searches on reusable material and support data calls as requested by capture/proposal team
• Manage past performance questionnaires (PPQs)
• Lead formatting, editing, production, and submission activities
• Assist in the creation of graphics, covers, spines, labels, and org/flow charts
• Develops and maintains a strong understanding of investigator research programs across the institution.
• Researches governmental funding agencies and private foundations including funding priorities, pay lines, and awards to advise investigators on funding fit and development of successful proposals
• Researches funding opportunities and disseminates targeted funding announcements to investigators and departments
• Edits proposals for readability including structure, usage, syntax, tone, active voice, and formatting
• Develops budget justifications, writes non-scientific narrative such as facilities, institutional resources, and other allied sections of large applications
• Develops templates, boilerplate narrative, and related faculty grant writing resources and tools
• Draft letters, Memorandum of Understanding, and other institutional communication as needed to support applications and faculty nominations.
• Manages multiple projects and work flow to ensure on-time submissions
• Perform all other duties as assigned and required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Have integrity and education with marketing experience
• Have an outgoing personality; enjoy leading client meetings
• Are digital natives, immersed in the online world
• Are comfortable working with faith-based clients
• Are strategic thinkers, able to plan and process
• Are strong communicators and creative thinkers
• Have an excellent working knowledge of spelling, punctuation, and grammar rules
• Lead with humility and serve with eagerness
• Are comfortable hitting daily deadlines
• Demonstrate strong analytical skills
• Value constructive criticism
• Are comfortable delivering as a key player on a variety of projects
• Handle themselves in a pleasant, personable manner (in-person, phone, and email)
• Enjoy working as part of a team
• Have a good sense of humor
• Strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills.
• Experience in government and commercial proposal support
• Understanding of budgets as they relate to proposals
• Ability to seamlessly work independently or part of a team in a fast-paced environment
• Able to work independently, as a leader and as a member of a team
• Capable to work with minimal supervision, including demonstrating flexibility, accountability, initiative, and self-motivation to identify and execute tasks
• Able to manage multiple and shifting priorities and meet high quality standards while working variable and longer hours under tight deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Excellent communication in English required.
• Strong attention to detail & decision-making skills
• Understanding of public relations, communications
• Ability to quickly adapt to change.
• Supervisory and Team building skills
• Time/Stress management skills
• Understanding of education sector
• Proficient in Adobe InDesign and Adobe Photoshop is a plus
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software; Word, PowerPoint and Excel
• Ability to work in a highly volatile, fast-paced environment
• Outstanding research and organizational skills and the ability to learn new things quickly
• Self-disciplined with the ability to work independently, meet deadlines and work extra hours if needed
• Executes professional standards at all times: attire, communication, behavior
• Experience in editing professional and business writing
• Exceptional writing and editing skills
• Strong organizational skills that demonstrates a high level of accuracy and attention
• Ability to work collegially under strict deadline pressure and handle multiple work assignments
• Experience working in a high-paced environment with proper time management and organizational skills
• Ability to do technical Documentation
Proposal Writer needs at least a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Economics, Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field (MBA preferred). At least 5 years of experience with bachelor and 3years with master’degree directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified
• Overall 5-15 yrs experience.
• 8+ years in proposal writing and concept development
• Experience with scheduler programs such as Primavera and MS Project manager is a plus
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested candidates who believe they meet the position’s requirements are requested to send a completed CV by email. The Vacancy Number and Position Title as shown at the top of this advertisement must appear in the Subject line.
A specified CV format is to be used, available for download as attached file or you can find it online in our career page at (http://moraa.edu.af/career/), CVs that are not submitted in the specified format will be rejected.
Only the CV is to be submitted: no other documents are required at this stage.
• CVs without cover letters/ application letter will not be considered.
• MEC is an (EOE) Equal Opportunity Employer organization.
In your email:
• Please give information about any notice period required by your current employer, or your earliest starting date.
• Also, state whether any of your family members have worked for MEC or are currently doing so.
Only those candidates who meet the position’s requirements will be invited for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Master Finisher - Carpet at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Carpet Design and Production Specialist at Kabul Carpet Export Center||Kabul||25 Feb 2019|
|Regional Carpet Manager (Balkh) at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Balkh||28 Feb 2019|
|Regional Carpet Officer (Bamyan) at TURQUOISE MOUNTAIN||Bamian||28 Feb 2019|
|National consultant Medic al Diaspora at World Health Organization||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|