Project Manager(4571 Views)
UNCDC is a non-governmental and non-political Afghan-owned company working to provide consulting, engineering and construction services nationwide. UNCDC is mainly working with USDOS, USDOD, USACE, USAID, UN Agencies and Afghan Government.
UNCDC is engaged in the exploration, development, and processing of the most effective projects in Afghanistan
UNCDC’s core strategy focuses on below key areas:
• Developing high-potential construction projects in Afghanistan.
• Building partnership with global investors and expanding construction works internationally.
• Ensuring construction development improves the social and economic well-being of Afghan people.
• Creating jobs and contributing to the Afghan economy.
UNCDC is seeking an individual for the position of Project Manager (PM). The incumbent will be part of the Project Support Team (PST). He/she will be responsible to ensure the project is managed efficiently and achieves its operational objectives and deliverables. The incumbent will report directly to UNCDC Managing Director and plays a lead role in developing UNCDC projects in designated infrastructure disciplines, including water, energy, roads and vertical structures, and monitors work progress and prepares reports and other key documents for the UNCDC Senior Management and Managing Director. The incumbent plays an important technical role in the design, analysis; project development and management and data collection for UNCDC designated infrastructure activities. The PM’s tasks will be as follows:
|Date Posted:||01 Sep 2018||Reference:||UNCDC-001-2018|
|Closing Date:||31 Dec 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1) Develop an in-depth working knowledge of the general contractual and detailed requirements of the construction contract for each project.
2) Observe the execution of construction to assure adherence to approved drawings and specifications, inspect construction workmanship, materials, methods of equipment, and report as to the conformity and non-conformity to the approved drawings and specifications.
3) The Project Manager is responsible for the overall project activities on site.
4) Supervise the on-site monitoring and evaluation of UNCDC construction projects, ensuring that they are being implemented according to designs, schedules, and budgets; advise and supervise the implementation of remedial measures, when necessary.
5) Make recommendations on how to correct deficiencies and resolve problems during construction.
Responsible for all operational aspects of the projects.
6) Overseeing the daily operations of the projects to ensure accurate and correct progress of the projects. 7) Ensuring procurement procedures and financial requirements are being met.
8) Keep the main office updated on the work progress and other issues on site.
9) Review and Edit of design documents and project specifications.
10) Review all the submittal and tests at all stages of the inspection.
11) Ensuring all the materials used and work performed are as per the project requirements and specifications.
12) Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the project labor force and the sub-contractors’ works.
13) Work independently and maintain daily construction surveillance logs ensuring contractor’s compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract between the construction contractor and the UNCDC.
14) Review and analyze contractor’s change order proposals for cost and compliance with the change. Prepare cost of alternatives to design and specifications when requested.
15) Update and monitor contractor construction schedule with regard to ongoing construction, review any proposals for change in construction methods for time implications.
16) Submit recommendations, including recommending the amount of time for extensions that are justified by the change.
17) Review and provide comments for contractor monthly pay applications including issues such as percentage of completion, accounting accuracy, and materials stored onsite.
18) Prepare weekly, monthly, and other reports of the progress of construction as required. Provide digital photographic records to support reports.
19) Review and analyze material samples, catalogs and brochures, shop drawings, installation manuals, and other technical documents submitted by the construction contractor for conformity with construction contract requirements. Prepare written reports of the analysis, incorporating the comments, and provide recommendations and alternatives for appropriate action.
20) Participate in meetings and conduct discussions with local/municipal & security authorities, as appropriate, on matters pertaining to construction site activities when requested.
21) Oversee all the engineering and project management activities of UNCDC (project identification and definition, technical feasibility assessment, engineering design, environmental compliance, construction supervision, operation and maintenance, planning and implementation, and handover of completed projects), including the preparation of the necessary project documentations for client approval and post-implementation audit.
22) Assessment of potential developments and production of detailed technical reports, including site visits with the appropriate members of the management team to ensure the best cost engineered solution is produced for UNCDC projects.
23) Lead, motivate, communicate with, appraise and performance, develop and manage the project personnel to ensure all the personnel are fully motivated to achieve best performance to meet the UNCDC needs.
24) Plan, coordinate and/or supervise activities of projects and sub-contractors from initial contraction stages to completion of punch list and provide drawings to site on a weekly basis & as appropriate.
25) Co-ordinate production information to a written program to ensure company targets are met for a controlled and cost effective finish to the sites.
26) Production of engineering site feasibilities as instructed by the clients to ensure complies with the required standards and business needs; and implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the UNCDC goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
27) Participate in internal meetings and discussions as required by UNCDC senior management and comply, and assist in enforcing compliance, with project code of ethics, policies, rules, and procedures.
28) Assist in the tendering and sub-contracting of UNCDC construction projects and disseminate standards, procedures, and guidelines for construction supervision, including project progress monitoring and evaluation, certification of interim completion, quality control and assurance, environmental-impact mitigation, and health and safety.
29) Develops technical and financial proposals for UNCDC different projects by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials as required.
30) Perform other engineering support duties that may be requested. Liaison with UNCDC main office, coordinate services as required.
a) Ability to work independently, to prioritize work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise professional judgment.
b) Sufficient knowledge of construction quality management, safety, construction codes and etc.
c) Proficiency in computer skills required, MS Office; along with publishing and presentation software preferred.
d) Excellent skills of CAD and modeling software(s) (Auto CAD, Civil 3D, 3D Max).
e) Excellent skills of structural design and interior design software’s (Sap, Safe, ETABS, Staad Pro V8i, Archie CAD, etc).
f) Excellent skills of scheduling software(s) P6.
g) Using range of software packages for developing detailed designs.
h) Proposal writing skills.
i) Excellent communication and reporting skills.
j) Highly self-motivated individual with a demonstrable ability to work under high pressure.
k) Accept responsibility and show initiative.
l) Must be flexible and willing to work for long hours in order to meet the deadline.
m) Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
n) Reliable, Honest, Transparent; Commitment for hard work and exceptional work ethics.
p) Fluent in English. Have good command of English Language both written and spoken. Sufficient knowledge of English language is mandatory.
a) University degree in Civil Engineering or construction management with 2 years of related experience in handling USACE projects or overall experience of not less than 3 years in the field of construction management and supervision. Prior international donors experience is preferred.
b) Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and implement the field works.
c) Sufficient knowledge of USACE rules, regulations, and procedures desired.
d) Fluent in English. Have good command of English language both written and spoken. Candidates who do not have sufficient English language knowledge will be disqualified.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering and Construction
Qualified candidates should submit their CV along with a one page cover letter explaining their interest and suitability for the position and a clear photo to UNCDC email address below by no later than Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 1630 hours local time. When sending your application via email, the subject line should be: UNCDC-001-2018. If it does not comply with above format, your application will NOT be considered.
∅ Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
∅ Applications with insufficient information to make a determination will not be considered.
∅ No in-person appointments or telephone calls will be entertained.
∅ Both Male and Female are encouraged to apply.
Address: Near to Canadian Embassy, St.14, Wazir Akbar Khan, Kabul, Afghanistan
|More jobs in this category|
|O&M Coordinator, Region at I Engineering Group||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|O&M Supervisor, Preventive Maintenance at I Engineering Group||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|O&M Field Technician, Mechanical at I Engineering Group||Multi Cities||26 Nov 2018|
|Civil Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||26 Nov 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer(Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP P..||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Construction Manager at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||03 Dec 2018|
|HVAC Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|