Senior Academic Manager(1390 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Academic Manager is directly supervised by DM Academic Affairs, and he/she is responsible to support DM Academic Affairs to develop and maintain academic programs and support the H.E DM academic in curriculum development and implementation of NHESP II.
|Date Posted:||01 Sep 2018||Reference:||HEDP/MoHE/81|
|Closing Date:||22 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the Senior Academic Manager are to:
• Assist DM Academic Affairs in Managing and updating of academic programs.
• Support the scholarship and foreign affairs directorate
• Work in the national curriculum committee for the curriculum reform and development
• Build a system where MoHE receives feedback from the professors and students on the academic improvement of a university
• Support the DM office in setting long term and short term goals
• Assess and monitor implementation of the DM office strategic plan
• Develop and submit any types of reports for DM
• Investigate allegations and complaints of academic staff, and support staff at universities and MoHE
• Resolve internal conflicts in the departments under DM office
• Evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of the educational programs and services
• Ensures that all the staff under the DM office are leading their teams in a positive direction and according to their job descriptions
• Attend all Board of Directors Meetings at MoHE as per the guidance of DM
• Liaise with the Deputy Minister for Academic, be responsible for all academic issues
• Responsibility for day to day operations within the DM Office
• Deal with any emergency issues or any other issues requiring an immediate management decision, together with DM office
• Providing support and advice to the academic, Administration at universities and MoHE
• Provide ongoing direction, mentoring and support to the academic staff
• Developing new, and updating of existing academic department procedures and systems
• Translate from English to Dari and Pashto and vice versa.
• Any other tasks assigned by the DM academic office
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English, produce project reports in English for regular and continuous presentations and computer literate
• Ability to interact with senior academics and administrative staff in the universities
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations
• Be innovative in providing idea and solutions for the faculty staff development, monitoring of their performance.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
A senior academic/administrator, with at least a Master’s degree and a minimum of 5 years of experience in universities. A Ph.D. would be an added qualification. Extensive leadership experience from a university is required. Experience in World Bank-funded higher education or other relevant projects will be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Education
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test / interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Education Adviser at Social and Educational Services Organization||Herat||23 Nov 2018|
|Education Advisor at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Project Management Specialist (Education) FSN.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2018|
|آمر کلینیک حقوقی at Ghalib University||Kabul||27 Nov 2018|
|English Language Instructor/Computer teacher at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of..||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|English Language & Computer Instructor at Bo Ali Seena English Language C..||Kabul||06 Dec 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Karwan University||Kabul||05 Dec 2018|
|Englısh Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|معلم دری at Barakat International School||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||25 Nov 2018|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|