HR Officer(2428 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
HR Officer will work under the direct supervision of the HR Specialist. He/She is responsible to facilitate all the recruitment process, Performance Management, and staff induction.
|Date Posted:||01 Sep 2018||Reference:||HEDP/MoHE/2018|
|Closing Date:||22 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Human Resource||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The main duties and responsibilities of the HR Officers are to:
• The announcement of MoHE vacant positions in selected websites according to role and regulation
• Download, print and making the long list of applicants candidate and submitted the complete file to head of the recruitment committee in a timely manner
• Communicate to eligible candidates for inviting them to interview and written test by email, phone etc to make sure all of them have been informed about the date, time, venue and regulation of the process
• Participate in ToR review sessions if requested by MoHE
• Keep arranged and well function filling to both (hard and soft) system
• Keep close contact and smooth coordination with all MoHE departments in order to make sure all related assignments are tracking according to plan
• Actively participate in meeting, workshop, seminar if requested by MoHE
• Prepare and submit her annual plan as well as the monthly activity report to the Director of HR
• Accomplish any other assignment given by MoHE
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English, and produce project reports in English for regular and continuous presentations
• Ability to interact with senior academics and administrative staff in the university system
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds
• Ability to work efficiently and to meet deadlines
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations
• Good quantitative skills and computer literate
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
At least 3 years of experience as an HR Officer with at least a Bachelor degree from a scientific or quantitative discipline such as HR Management, Public Administration, Operations Management, Financial Management. Previous experience in the donor-funded development project, a university or in the public or the private sector would be an advantage.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test/interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Senior HRMIS Officer at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|HR Officer (Urgent) at Cristal Universal Group||Kabul||21 Jan 2019|
|HR Assistant ICU at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||21 Jan 2019|