Public Relations Officer(1528 Views)
The Afghan Institute for Strategic Studies (AISS) was established in October 2012. It aims to create an intellectual space for addressing strategic issues pertaining to Afghanistan in the wider regional and international contexts. Promoting dialogue between and among different stakeholders will be an end as well an integral means in attaining our objectives. All our activities and programs are based on the principles of Professionalism, Independence, Internationalism and Progressive Values.
The Public relations officer is responsible to develop a strategic plan to advance the organization’s mission and objectives and to promote revenue, profitability, and growth. In doing so, the Public relations officer develop proposals and implement strategies for generating resources and/or revenue for AISS. On a regular basis, the public relations officer is responsible to liaison with the potential donor organizations at a senior level and ensure that secured and reported upon in a timely and efficient manner.
|Date Posted:||01 Sep 2018||Reference:||AISS-ER-004-18|
|Closing Date:||20 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Regularly demonstrate and articulate a clear vision for the future of the organization;
• Establish and actively maintain a wide range of relationships with strategic partners, continue to build on these relationships to advance the goals of the organization;
• Demonstrate a strong external profile of leadership externally, be an effective decision-maker and inspire the staff and external partners;
• Effectively manage the stable and successful growth of key programs and actively seek opportunities to expand into new programmatic areas to widen and diversify the organizations work;
• Actively engage and energize AISS staff, board members, donors and partnering organizations;
• Ensure a vibrant and impressive external profile of the organization through professional and regular formal and informal communications; actively build membership of the Society;
• Build strong relationship between the mission and the business aspect of the institute;
• Play an active role in developing effective strategies for fundraising;
• Participate in general and managerial decision making process;
• Establish and manage partnerships with academic Centre and research policy institutions, and build upon existing relationships, in order to establish the AISS as a Centre of policy and practice-relevant, evidence-based research;
• Enhance the reputation of the AISS by communicating its research findings/products to external stakeholders and partners to ensure that the Institute has a presence at relevant high-profile international policing conferences;
• Develop networks and mutually beneficial linkages with national and international partners, including think tanks, policy research institutions and advocacy/development organizations to establish partnerships, affiliation, and collaborative research;
• University degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Mass Media, Political or Social Sciences, International Relations or other related fields;
• At least 3-5 years of relevant professional experience;
• This position requires self-initiative and the ability to work under pressure while being extremely detail-oriented;
• Good at oral and written English and local languages;
• Proven experience as a team player;
• Ability to prepare clear and concise reports;
• Proficient in computer applications (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook);
• High level of precision and used to manage complex processes with excellent results;
• Ability and willingness to work in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team;
• Resilient to high workload and ability to work independently and under time pressure;
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Each application must contain (1) an updated CV, (2) a covering letter which should include why you think you are suitable for this position. Kindly ensure that you meet all requirements before applying.
Only short-listed candidates will , .
Deadline: 20 September 2018
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!