Senior Irrigation Adviser(808 Views)
The Office of Deputy Minister for Irrigation and Natural Resources at the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is seeking 'Senior Irrigation Adviser', to provide technical support/advise the office of the Deputy Minister and Irrigation Directorate in the existing and new plans for development of irrigation sector.
The incumbent adviser must have experience and technical knowledge in the field of irrigation, agriculture and water resources management. He/She should have good track record in taking bold initiatives and follow-ups, and must have the ability to liaise with other government offices and donors. The expert should be able to independently carryout initiatives that may lead to collaboration with local/regional/ international institute.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) aims to expand and strengthen the irrigation sector in the country through putting in place the support infrastructure and taking new initiatives. MAIL intends to avail the services of a Senior Irrigation Adviser for technical support to the Deputy Minister. The incumbent adviser is also expected to assist in the implementation of reform agenda for the irrigation sector, provide support in policy areas and take initiative for capacity building needs of the irrigation directorate.
|Date Posted:||02 Sep 2018||Reference:||MAIL/053/018|
|Closing Date:||16 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall supervision of the Deputy Minister for Irrigation and Natural Resources, Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL), the Irrigation Adviser will provide overall technical support to the office of the deputy minister. The Adviser will fulfill the following tasks.
1. Active participation in the ADB funded initiatives at the Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock, particularly with Irrigation directorate;
2. Carry out feasibility study of the large scale projects
3. Check, review and approve the progress of the large scale projects and
4. Review the designs of the large irrigation projects and and reports
5. Able to communicate complicated and technical issues with implementing companies.
6. Provide necessary support in the implementation of the program for the institutional strengthening and capacity development of Irrigation Department (ID) and the directorates of agriculture, irrigation and livestock (DAIL) of MAIL
7. Take a role in organizing Irrigation Working Group (IWG) meeting on a regular basis, and also provide advices to make IWG work as a platform for coordinating comprehensive implementation of the irrigation projects and activities among organizations concerned;
8. Report the updated information relating to irrigation programs/projects and activities to be formulated and/or implemented by the donors through a monthly report on request basis by JICA experts;
9. Assist Deputy Minister for Irrigation in initiatives for cold storages, joint agriculture school study with Technical Vocation Training Authority, and support programs for Afghan returnees from neighboring countries;
10. Assist Irrigation Director (Deputy Director) in the implementation of Irrigation Sector Reform and National Irrigation Program;
11. Assist in implementation of the National Irrigation Policy, and also provide necessary support in capacity building and institutional arrangements for implementation of the policy;
12. Assist in the review and update of National Irrigation Projects;
13. Contribute to formulate irrigation policy, projects proposals, programs and concept notes, and present them at appropriate platforms to obtain funding and materialize them.
14. Review master plans, feasibility studies, and prepare scope of studies, expression of interests for the national and sub-national level irrigation projects;
15. Draft strategy for identifying synergies with other line ministries and departments engaged in irrigation activities, and formulating coordination mechanism for optimizing joint operations on the ground.
16. Support capacity building activities in the irrigation directorate
17. Support the formation of a capacity building unit within irrigation directorate to systematize and channel all donor-funded capacity building activities in the irrigation directorate
18. Assist in the implementation of National Rice Development Strategy (NPRS).
19. Liaise with Mechanization directorate and RIPA project, on aspect of agriculture (rice) mechanization
20. Assist the CPMO is their irrigation related issues
21. Promote any support to office of the deputy minister for irrigation and natural resources.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Evidence of technical support provided to Deputy Minister, or Senior officials of the Ministry
• Overall activities plan with detailed monthly activities
• Reporting any new initiatives by the Deputy Minister for Irrigation and the adviser's role under those initiatives
• Drafted policies, strategies and concept notes, if any
• Minutes of the meetings chaired and/or co-chaired by DM or advisor
• A concise End of Assignment (EoA) Report with findings and recommendations
• Masters level education in Water, irrigation or any relevant field;
• 10 or more years of working experience
• Experience in institutional capacity building, policy and program management and implementation
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to work in harsh environments
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Agriculture
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Senior Irrigation Adviser (MAIL-053-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Sr. M&E Officer at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|M&E Assistant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||20 Nov 2018|
|M&E Assistant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Multi Cities||20 Nov 2018|