Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces.
The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains.
General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces.
Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques.
Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
The translator is mainly responsible for translating News, reports and other documents from English to Dari and Pashto and vice versa.
|Date Posted:||03 Sep 2018||Reference:||123670|
|Closing Date:||16 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Translates from Dari and Pashto into English or from English into Dari and/or Pashto. Materials to be translated will be of technical nature where the use of technical terminology is regular and recurring. The material might involve more than one type of regular and recurring topics, and cover more than one subject matter area requiring the incumbent to become familiar with special terminology. Documents translated might include technical papers, studies, stories etc.
• The translator will be required to deliver high-quality translation, regularly under tight deadlines. The documents received must be translated in a timely manner for Committee or team members, and may require some overtime work.
• The translator may be required to edit, proofread and/or redraft reports done by other team members or translation companies outside MAIL
• Contribute to language improvement of MAILs websites and social media
• The translator will perform any other relevant tasks assigned by the supervisor.
• Do any other job as required by the supervisor
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
Should be very fluent in English Conversation and be able to translate the news, reports and other documents from English to Dari and Pashto and vice versa.
Please make sure to include one or two samples of your pervious work with your application. This will be used only for shortlisting purposes. The shortlisted candidates will be examined further through a written translation test from English to Dari and Pashto.
A degree in linguistic studies, literature or other relevant fields.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
• The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a cover letter.
• Put (Translator-123670 /SNAPP2/MAIL)” in the subject line otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short-listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!