Communication Officer(1744 Views)
About MISFA Ltd.
The Microfinance Investment Support Facility for Afghanistan (MISFA) was set up in 2003 at the invitation of the Afghan government — to get donor coordination right from the start and avoid the counter-productive efforts that have emerged from conflicting donor objectives in other post-conflict situations. It was established as a vehicle through which the Afghan Government and international donors could channel technical assistance and funding to build Afghanistan’s microfinance sector. MISFA was the first facility of its kind, pooling diverse donor funding mechanisms and converting them into streamlined, flexible support to microfinance institutions in Afghanistan, tailored to local priorities and accompanied by technical assistance and strong performance monitoring.
MISFA’s mission is to contribute to Afghanistan’s economic growth by developing a viable, inclusive financial sector for the poor, and the underserved small and medium enterprises.
Position Summary: The Communication Officer will be part of MISFA’s PIC team and will report to Manager PIC.
|Date Posted:||05 Sep 2018||Reference:||0158|
|Closing Date:||18 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Main duties and responsibilities
The Communication Officer will:
• Travel to the field (provinces) and interview clients, beneficiaries, stakeholders, and others as part of the relevant research, assessment or PIC assignments.
• Capture photos of clients, beneficiaries etc.
• Assist with drafting reports, newsletters, success stories, booklets, etc.
• Translate PIC documents from English to Dari and Pashto or vice versa.
• Design MISFA’s promotional material and publications.
• Coordinate with documentary and drama production companies to produce radio dramas, spots, documentaries to promote MISFA and the microfinance sector.
• Assist with drafting Scope of Work (SoW) and facilitate the process of producing PIC related materials or receiving services from outside firms and organizations.
• Take part in conducting public awareness conferences, seminars and workshops.
• Update website regularly.
• Update MISFA’s shared-drive regularly.
• Contribute to Knowledge Management activities as requested.
• Coordinate with other departments in MISFA and make sure that all their correspondences meet the standards and guidelines of PIC.
• Perform other activities as directed by supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Minimum of two years working experience in the field of communication.
• Proficiency with computer applications (MS. Office Package).
• Familiarity with Adobe In design or Corel Draw and other design programs.
• Fluent written and spoken English, Dari or Pashto.
• Strong interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability and willingness to travel and visit the field.
• Microfinance and sector knowledge will be considered as an advantage.
The Communication Officer will report to Manager PIC.
• University degree in social sciences preferably in Journalism and Business Administration.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Social Science
The application package, only acceptable in English language, should, comprise of your latest up-to-date résumé and covering letter explaining your interest and suitability for the position, indicating your remuneration & benefit expectations and earliest joining date, if selected.
Interested candidates should submit their application package only via email with the subject “Vacancy – Communication Officer”, Due to expectation of a large number of applications only shortlisted candidates would be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!