Regional Coordinator(945 Views)
About The Asia Foundation
The Asia Foundation (the Foundation) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization committed to the development of a peaceful, prosperous, just, and open Asia-Pacific region. Drawing on 60 years of experience, the Foundation supports initiatives to improve governance, law and civil society; women's empowerment; economic reform and development; sustainable development and the environment; and international relations. The Asia Foundation has offices in 18 countries throughout Asia and is headquartered in San Francisco. In Afghanistan, the Foundation supports four primary themes: Governance and Law, Women’s Empowerment, Education, and Survey/Research and Knowledge Development.
In the Education department, the Foundation, with the support of the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), is implementing a six-year project titled Strengthening Education in Afghanistan (SEA-II). A key deliverable is to implement the Kankor preparation activity by utilizing a sustainable approach to steadily increase the number of female students entering higher education. The Foundation is implementing this activity in a scalable manner through a public-private partnership. Project activities are implemented in 300 schools across all 34 provinces in Afghanistan, with 70 percent of the schools selected from rural areas of the country. Another key deliverable is the implementation of a scholarship program for 720 women for in-country bachelor’s programs.
She/he will be responsible to communicate and work with schools covered by Kankor Preparation Activity to implement the Kankor Preparation Guidebook (KPG) and Methods of Success in Kankor (MSK) plans, practice mock test, use equipment properly and improve Kankor participation and result. Furthermore, she/he will visit schools with General Directorate of Academic Supervision and Learning Assessment (GDASLA) and General Directorate of Science and Educational Technology (GDSET) staff to collect, compile, analyze and summarize data, develop M&E reports and work closely with schools’ administration and GDASLA and GDSET provincial offices:
|Date Posted:||08 Sep 2018||Reference:||VA#35/2018|
|Closing Date:||17 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 6 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
NOTE: This position will execute the tasks listed below in Balkh, Faryab, Samangan, Sar-e-Pul, and Jawzjan
• Assist the schools’ administrations and teachers in implementing KPG and MSK plans practicing mock test, and using equipment in a proper way.
• Recommend tools and strategies to increase program performance.
• Develop plans for visits to schools and implement them.
• Support project and M&E manager in the development of work plans by providing relevant field data such as start/end dates of academic year, examination schedules and so on.
• Coordinate with schools to remain open during summer / winter breaks to enable students to use Kankor preparation materials;
• Coordinate with GDASLA and GDSET provincial offices while visiting schools.
• Assists the Project Manager in addressing issues received from schools and universities.
• Meet the Provincial Education Directors (PEDs) periodically and provide update on Promote Kankor Preparation activities.
• Coordinate among schools, the Foundation and vendor while distributing equipment and materials to schools.
• Strengthen the engagement of parents with the schools in Kankor preparation related activities.
• Support capacity building efforts of teachers teaching science and math subjects;
• Support capacity building efforts of school administrators; and
• Support development of school Shuras and increase of parental engagement.
• Monitor progress of English, Computer and other exclusive courses designed for scholars to ensure the effectiveness of the trainings.
• Monitor and evaluate all the activities of the Promote Kankor Preparation conducted by schools at the regional level, track progress of the activities and identify strengths and weaknesses.
• Assist M&E Manager in developing M&E tools.
• Develop comprehensive monitoring and evaluation reports outlining project achievements, weaknesses and recommendations and highlighting corrective actions to be taken to tackle weaknesses.
• Develop and share the weekly reports with Project and M&E Managers.
• Assists the Project Manager/M&E Manager in preparing progress reports at weekly, quarterly basis, as well as other reports requested by the senior management.
• MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL TO Balkh, Faryab, Samangan, Sar-e-Pul, Jawzjan and Kabul (Security Permitting).
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the education sector with a very good understanding of its challenges and opportunities.
• Excellent communication, facilitation and organization skills.
• Excellent internal and external coordination and cooperation skills.
• Fluency and ability to write official letters and reports in English, Dari or Pashto required.
• Proven skillw of M&E planning and reporting.
• Demonstrated ability in prioritizing, multi-tasking, meeting deadlines while functioning amicably under pressure.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Knowledge and good command of MS Office.
• Bachelor’s degree in the fields of Education, Public Administration, Business Administration or any other relevant field; Master degree is preferred.
• A minimum of three to five years of working experience with academic institutions, national and/or international organizations in the field of education, M&E, administration and operations.
• Experienced in staff supervision, performance evaluation and recruitment.
• Experienced in working with ministries – preferably MoE.
• Experienced in working on USAID projects, but not necessary.
Afghanistan - Balkh
AF AF 12
Qualified applicants should submit a copy of their CV accompanied by a detailed application letter, contact details and completed Biodata 1420 form, no later than September 15, 2018 to below email Applications without a completed Biodata 1420 form (Attached file) will be automatically disqualified. Please clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
***Women are strongly encouraged to apply***
|More jobs in this category|
|Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|CEO/Country Manager at 786 Pharma||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Gender manager at Roots of Peace||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|