About World Health Organization
In February 1949, when the first session of the WHO Regional Committee for the Eastern Mediterranean was held in Cairo, the world was still recovering from the wounds inflicted on it by the Second World War. The historic first session reflected then the vision and determination of eleven countries with similar values, heritage and aspirations to work together in a unique partnership, and start building a better world for future generations.
The exceptional spirit of partnership and collaboration that has governed the relationship between WHO and its Member States in the Eastern Mediterranean Region over the years, resulted in landmark achievements bringing health and hope to all corners of the region.
Let us acknowledge our achievements, so that we may build on the success to meet the challenges of a new world ahead
To provide transportation to WHO staff and visitors, as well as delivery/collection services of documents and goods, related to the official work of the WHO’s office.
Objectives of the Programme and the immediate Strategic Objective:
To ensure that effective WHO country presence is established to implement WHO country cooperation strategies that are aligned with Member State’s health and development agendas, and harmonized with the United Nations country teams.
*Organizational context: (
Under the supervision of the Administrative Officer and the overall guidance of the WR, the Driver provides reliable and safe driving services ensuring the highest standards of professionalism and integrity, sense of responsibility, excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues. Instructions are normally given on an ad hoc basis, routine duties are carried out according to the established schedule; fulfillment of assignments is checked on a regular basis.
|Date Posted:||10 Sep 2018||Reference:||WHOAFG-2018-09-30|
|Closing Date:||20 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Transportation||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||778 to 778 USD|
|Contract Type:||Service Contract||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
1. Drive for the WHO Representative and other high ranking officials, meet official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities, ensure compliance with WHO rules and regulations including security and safety requirements.
2. Deliver/collect and facilitate the customs clearance of official incoming and outgoing pouches, hand-delivery of mail, parcels and other heavy items to or from UN Agencies, Ministries, Embassies, Universities, airport, etc.
3. Responsible for the day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks fuel, oil, battery, breaks, tyres, etc.. Perform minor repairs and arrange for other repairs, ensure the proper functioning and cleanliness of the vehicle.
4. Log official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption, oil changes, greasing, etc., maintain all the required documents/supplies up to date; including vehicle insurance, license, registration, logs, office directory, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts in the assigned vehicle;
5. Procure minor supplies and picks-up and deliver payment for telephone/ fax bills.
6. Deliver and follow up the issuance of visa requests, renewal of car licenses and special permits for WRO
7. Ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations are followed in case of involvement in an accident.
8. Perform messenger service within the office as required by supervisors
*2. Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
*4. Knowing and managing yourself
*5. Fostering integration and teamwork
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
*Basic mechanical knowledge and skills in operating and maintaining different types of vehicles.
*Good knowledge of the topography of the country and full proficiency in local traffic regulations
*Proven ability to deal with clients with tact and respect for diversity.
*Essential: Completion of secondary education or equivalent.
Must possess a valid professional driving license for light and heavy duty vehicles
*Essential: At least two years of professional experience in driving cars.
Fluency in oral and written Pashto and Dari. Very good verbal and writing English language Skills.
Other Considerations (e.g. Work may involve some discomfort due to long driving hours, lifting of
bags and/or parcels and being subject to weather and traffic risks .
Computer skills is an asset
Afghanistan - Bamian
Secondary School, General
Interested applicants (Afghan National) meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit their applications quoting this Vacancy Announcement Number (WHOAFG-2018-09-30) along with their curriculum vitae, copy of educational certificates, driving license and copy of National ID (Tazkira) to email mentioned below:
WHO is an equal opportunity employer and qualiﬁed women are particularly encouraged to apply and
Equally qualiﬁed female candidates will be given preference.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
ONLY CANDIDATES UNDER SERIOUS CONSIDERATION WILL BE CONTACTED FOR TEST AND INTERVIEW.
ANY APPOINTMENT/EXTENSION OF APPOINTMENT IS SUBJECT TO WHO STAFF REGULATIONS, STAFF RULES AND MANUAL.
WHO is a smoke free Environment
|More jobs in this category|
|Driver at Counter Narcotics Justices Centre (CNJC)||Kabul||30 Sep 2018|
|دریور موتر فروشات at Pamircyclet group of companies||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|