Junior Officer – Help Desk(2081 Views)
About Afghanistan International Bank
Afghanistan International Bank (Incorporated in March 2004) is the first private bank in the country promoted by Asian Development Bank (ADB) and some of the prominent business houses of the country headquartered at Kabul. Within ten years of commencing business the Bank has grown rapidly throughout the country.
AIB believes in developing its people through continuous investment in training and giving larger opportunities to those who grow with the bank. With professional management team ensuring high standards of corporate governance and a professional work environment where every manager is committed to train and develop his people is what makes AIB an employer of choice.
Responsible for providing fast and useful technical assistance on computer systems. Serving as the first point of contact for users seeking technical assistance over the phone or email, performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users.
|Date Posted:||10 Sep 2018||Reference:||HR 04/09/2018|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email
2. Set up user accounts, workstations and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
3. Check computer hardware to ensure functionality.
4. Install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications.
5. Provide orientation and guidance to users on how to operate new software and computer equipment.
6. Inform users about disruptions, upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
7. Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
8. Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by users.
9. Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
10. Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
11. Record events and problems and their resolution in logs
12. Follow-up and update status and information
13. Pass on any feedback or suggestions by users to the appropriate internal team
14. Identify and suggest possible improvements on procedures
1. Minimum of Bachelor Degree in the Computer Sciences
2. Professional Certifications (e.g. CCNA, ITIL Foundation, A+, MCP)
1. Sharp troubleshooting skills
2. Ability to work independently
1. Knowledge of computer hardware and software troubleshooting.
2. Familiarity with IT Service Management concepts.
3. Experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools.
1. One year
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
How to apply:
The application, consist of a one-page cover letter explaining your interest and suitability for the post along with up-to-date CV, should be sent via email (clearly indicating on the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number) before closing date to the given email address. Or submit hardcopy of application and CV at:
Kabul Head Office:
Human Resources Department
Shahabudin Watt, Haji Yaqoob Square, Shar-e-Naw, Kabul, Afghanistan
Contact: +93 (0) 20 255 0123
(Saturday to Wednesday – 08:00am to 05:00pm)
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted for assessment and interview.
Afghanistan International Bank (AIB) is an Equal Opportunity Employer
|More jobs in this category|
|HRH Systems Analyst at Futures Group Global Outreach||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|انجینر میکروویف at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|System Analyst at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|تکنیشن نتورک(ٔNetwork Technician .. at Ministry of communicat..||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Network Engineer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Sr. Microwave Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Liaison Officer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Sr. Network Security Specialist at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|مسؤل واحد تخنیکی at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Database Developer and Programmer at Ministry of communication and IT||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|IT Supervisor at Tetra Tech - JSSP||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|مدیر تکنالوژی معلوماتی - .. at DABS||Badakhshan||23 Jan 2019|
|IT Admin at DK - German Medical Diagnostic Center Ltd.||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|