Executive Officer to Country Director(1287 Views)
About National Democratic Institute for International Affairs
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, nongovernmental organization that has supported democratic institutions and practices in every region of the world for more than three decades. Since its founding in 1983, NDI and its local partners have worked to establish and strengthen political and civic organizations, safeguard elections, and promote citizens participation, openness and accountability in government.
The position will provide day to day support to Resident Country Director to organize and maintain executive’s schedule and perform a variety of administrative tasks. The Executive Officer must be a quick professional with great time-management and multitasking abilities.
The main goal of this position is to contribute to the efficiency of the overall business by ensuring all assigned tasks and duties are carried on timely and efficiently.
|Date Posted:||10 Sep 2018||Reference:||NDI/KBL/016/18|
|Closing Date:||24 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Management||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain executive’s agenda and assist in planning appointments, program and non-program meetings, conference etc…
• Attend meetings and keep minutes
• Receive and screen phone calls and redirect them when appropriate
• Handle and prioritize all outgoing or incoming correspondence (e-mail, letters, briefing papers, packages etc.)
• Mark all visits, travel arrangements for executives and closely coordinate with Operations team.
• Handle documents and ensure they remain secure
• Prepare invoices and vouchers on financial statements and provide assistance in book keeping.
• Monitor and maintain electronic and paper records ensuring information is organized and easily accessible.
• Prepare presentations or reports as assigned
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
1. University degree in business administration, economics, political science, international development or related field; Master’s degree preferred. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis;
2. A minimum of ten (5) years of work experience, preferably in the field of administrative, with a minimum of five (3) years of experience in the related field.
3. Experience with Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar and Google Drive), interviews, focus groups, and research from secondary sources;
4. Ability and willingness to travel to the regional hubs and provinces;
5. Superior knowledge of word processing and spreadsheet applications;
6. Exceptional interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, donor organizations and CEPPS’ local partners;
7. Fluency in English (working language) and language skills in Pashto and Dari required.
8. Excellent inter-personal skills and communication skills, including presentation skills – in local and English languages.
9. Excellent English writing skills
10. Motivation, flexibility and capacity to work under pressure and additional hours
11. Focuses on results and responds positively to feedback
12. Strong sense of personal initiative and problem solving skills.
University degree in business administration, economics, political science, international development or related field; Master’s degree preferred. Additional years of relevant work experience may be substituted for educational requirement on a one-for-one basis
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Management
National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI), Kabul - Afghanistan
Interested applicants should send a one page cover letter and CV to the given email -- no later than 04:00 PM, Sep 24, 2018.
National Democratic Institute is an equal opportunity employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Subject line must be (Executive Officer to Country Director - NDI/KBL/016/18) or your application might not be considered.
Only short listed candidates will be called for an interview
|More jobs in this category|
|Deputy Coordinator at SDROA||Panjshir||02 Feb 2019|
|LLC Coordinator at SDROA||Panjshir||02 Feb 2019|
|Assistant to Management at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Storekeeper at AFTEL||Kunduz||21 Jan 2019|
|Project Manager at Coordination of Rehabilitation and Development Service..||Herat||20 Jan 2019|
|Technical Assistance Committee to the Anti-Mo.. at Ministry of Finance||Kabul||22 Jan 2019|
|Junior Professional / Program/Strategy at AWAL Development and Transform..||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|