Communication Intern(1863 Views)
About Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University
ACKU was established in 1989 in Peshawar as a semi-independent part of ACBAR (Agency Coordinating Body for Afghan Relief). Envisioned by Louis Dupree as a central depository for reports and surveys generated by NGOs, bilateral humanitarian organizations and UN agencies, it was known then as ARIC (ACBAR Resource and Information Centre).
In 2005 ARIC was renamed ACKU (Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University) when it was registered with the Ministry of Economics in Kabul and transferred to the central library of Kabul University. In 2006 Kabul University allocated ACKU a plot at the center of the campus on which to build a facility funded from the Afghan government development budget.
ACKU’s motto is nation building through information sharing. The center promotes research and information sharing through the dissemination of knowledge, and enhancement of the capacity of Kabul University and other private institutions in Afghanistan. ACKU’s major focus is facilitating research using its collection of over 150,000 documents in Dari, Pashto, English and other European languages.
The communication intern will assist the Communication and Research Manager and the Communication Officer for promoting the ACKU profile, publicizing our activities through our website and Facebook page, organizing our events, and liaising with the media and the public.
|Date Posted:||10 Sep 2018||Reference:||04|
|Closing Date:||17 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Internship||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Liaise with ACKU team to support organizing public events on thematic issues related to Afghanistan.
2. Update ACKU’s website and social media with regular updates on ACKU activities and events.
3. Serve as the focal person for publication of ACKU periodic newsletters and other promotional materials e.g. press release, publicity flyers, placing stories in print and broadcast media.
4. Photographing and videoing events (if no experience, training will be provided).
5. Assist the Communication and Research Manager with the printing of material for the Research methodology and critical reading courses.
1. Quick learner with the ability to follow directions well.
2. Be creative, innovative and efficient and have the ability to work under tight timelines.
3. Be able to manage his/her time appropriately.
4. Good oral and written communication and networking skills.
5. Be a team player who can work with diverse groups of people.
6. Computer skills in MS office (Word, Excel, and Power point)—Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
7. Fluency in Dari/Pashtu is essential and high level of English is desirable – only candidates who are able to write in the national languages to a high standard will be considered.
BA in Journalism, Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences or Management or relevant experience in a communication position.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Communication
Incomplete applications or candidates who do not meet the specified criteria will not be considered.
Qualified candidates should send a CV to:
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!