Procurement Manager(1003 Views)
Afghan Telecom Corporation incorporated in September 2005 to provide unified telecommunication services throughout Afghanistan under the stewardship of Ministry of Communications & Information Technology. Current service structure includes wireless, 4G/LTE, fiber optics, copper and satellite operations.
Afghan Telecom Corporation is the leading national provider of telecommunication services in Afghanistan. Afghan Telecom adopted a challenging program aiming to transform its business from government system to the recognized commercial business standards. The company has developed clear strategies focusing on internal re-organization, re-skilling and development of its staff, enhancement of its internal processes and studying its customers' needs and requirements while continuing carrying out its national and social duties and responsibilities. The company is working continuously to fulfill and satisfy the market requirements, Afghan Telecom Corporation is constantly adopting different Strategies that aim to support and re-enforce its competitive position. Based on its strategy, Afghan Telecom strives to enhance customer- oriented culture in all its business aspects. This culture has been reflected in the organizational design of the company that comprises the best expertise in the Management level. Afghan Telecom calls for applications per its Procurement Manager Post.
Afghan Telecom Procurement Manager is to manage the procurement function in accordance with required Public Expenditure Management principles, develop and implement policy and plans, and deliver quality service improvements to assist the Afghan Telecom Corporation to achieve its strategic plan based on the governmental and legal laws.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Procurement Director, the Procurement Manager (PM) is responsible for procurement goods, Non-Consulting Service, works and services of the AFTEL.
|Date Posted:||11 Sep 2018||Reference:||025|
|Closing Date:||20 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Business Administration||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in preparation and updating of Procurement Plan of the Projects.
• Organization of procurement processes including preparation of RFBs, RFQs, REOIs, ITBs, RFPs, TER, BER, CER, PO, BD and conducting the required evaluations, negotiations of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with Government’s Procurement Law and Rules of Procedures.
• Coordinate with wired and wireless technical teams and report to the Head of Procurement on a smooth and time efficient execution of procurement.
• Ensure that documentation for procurements are aligned with the outcomes sought by project, while remaining compliant with NPA policies and the Afghanistan’s Public Procurement Law.
• To conduct, review and clear all correspondences with bidders and consultants during the procurement processes.
• Ensure that best value for money in the procurement goods, Service and works.
• Comply with AFTEL’s Financial Rules and Regulations and all other applicable procurement rules, regulations, policies and strategies.
• Ensure that procurement processes are reflected in guidance and manual documentation for AFTEL and that all procurements are done in line with good procurement practice.
• Monitoring of on-going procurement activities and management of the relations with suppliers in order to ensure timely delivery of the goods and services.
• Coordinate the activities of the logistics team to ensure the timeliness of shipment arrangements and customs clearances.
• Ensure full compliance with the registration and record management of procurement documents based on document management guidelines of the project.
• Confirm procurement processes and time cycles are adequately factored into the planning process and annual procurement plan.
• Maintain and update a roster of suppliers, in line with supplier selection and evaluation criteria, and quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
• Being the focal point for AFTEL in the NPA to ensure effective communication and actions on procurement issues while addressing AFTEL projects.
• Follow up with concerned AFTEL departments to have the evaluation reports are approved in a timely manner.
• Follow up with concerned AFTEL/NPA/MOCIT to obtain the approval of the procurement plan/ documents in a timely manner.
• Reviewing Terms of Reference, Specifications, and Schedule of Works that would normally be prepared by the Department of AFTEL
• Drafting procurement notices and arranging for publication on the NPA, AFTEL and MOCIT websites as well as in the local press and through other means to ensure wide dissemination of procurement opportunity.
• Undertaking pre-qualification of bidders, where applicable and undertaking evaluations to determine the list of pre-qualified bidders.
• Publishing bidding documents (for goods, Non-Consultancy Services and works).
• Arrange for timely publication of Invitation of Bids in the national newspapers and the websites.
• Participate in pre-bid meetings and provide clarifications to the bidders.
• Arrange, participate and record Bid opening meetings.
• Evaluate the bids received for goods, Service and works and prepare bid evaluation reports for necessary approvals.
• Prepare and review the evaluation reports of goods, works and services and provide technical and procurement assistance to evaluation committee members and to AFTEL award authority.
• Receiving of bids / proposals and the management of the bid opening process and preparation of the minutes of the bid opening.
• Submission of the contract award proposal to the Secretariat of NPC for approval of proposed award.
• Preparation and issuance of award notification to successful firm / bidder and publication of award notification in accordance with required provisions of Law.
• Being responsible for all correspondence of the Departments of AFTEL and for collection of all required documents.
• Being responsible for all correspondence with bidders / suppliers in respect of all procurement cases.
• Being responsible for preparation and maintenance of all cases files for the all procurement cases including filing of all cases, safe custody of securities, etc.
• Regularly provide updates to Senior Management on delivery of procurement services against agreed plans.
• Prepare, organize and conduct training programme, including resource materials and manuals for logistics and procurement systems and procedures
• Procurement Manager responsible to Procurement Director and provide report to him as required.
• Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual reports and work-plans and provide additional information as required by the AFTEL
• Any other task assigned from time to time by the Procurement Director, AFTEL
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals and Availability and willingness to undertake challenging jobs and hard work for timely completion of project.
• Ability to establish and maintain relationships with a broad range of people to understand needs and gain support to achieve target
• Ability to demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed at all level
• Ability of working effectively with people from all background
• Knowledge of computers and database and word processing programs
• Excellent English communication skills and written and spoken Pashto/Dari languages
• A university degree in management/ engineering/ business administration/Agriculture or relevant subject with combination of appropriate education and experience.
• At least two 2 years experience in the field of procurement of goods, Service and works based on public procurement process
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Interested candidates are requested to forward their applications explaining their interest (cover letter) and detailed CV. Kindly mention the vacancy number (025) - Procurement Manager in the subject line of your email.
|More jobs in this category|
|کارشناس پالیسی وپلان at Ministry of Defense||Kabul||03 Oct 2018|
|Data Entry/Reporting Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and Develop..||Herat||27 Sep 2018|
|Senior Business Development Specialist at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||02 Oct 2018|
|Admin/Logistics Assistant, FEFAO at Free and Fair Election Forum of Afgha..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Labor Market Information Analysis (LMIA) Mana.. at NSDP | MOLSAMD||Kabul||02 Oct 2018|
|Re - مدیر محاسبه مالی at DABS||Kabul||26 Sep 2018|
|Branch Manager at OXUS Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Sep 2018|
|Capacity Building/Advocacy Officer at Coordination of Rehabilitaion and D..||Herat||25 Sep 2018|
|Regional Manager-Central at OXUS Afghanistan||Kabul||20 Sep 2018|
|Marketing Associate at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Field Marketing Intern at Afghanistan Holding Group||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Business Mentor at ASARA||Kabul||20 Sep 2018|