Provincial Livestock Officer(978 Views)
The National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP) have three components: (1) Horticultural Production, (2) Animal Production and Health, and (3) Implementation Management and Technical Assistance Support.
The NHLP objective is to promote the adoption of improved farm production practices via a gradual rollout of farmer-centered agricultural services mechanisms and investment support. Service delivery centered on farmers is expected to increase their involvement in identifying the services they need and in delivering more cost-effective services.
NHLP will contribute to increasing (a) horticultural productivity and production and (b) improved animal production and health. For livestock raisers, this strategy is based on (i) strengthening the delivery of animal production and animal health extension at small-holder level, supported with some investment support for production and health inputs, and (ii) investment in a sustainable broad-scale, livestock disease surveillance and response capability. NHLP will also develop policies for the livestock sector, specifically animal production through trials involving (i) backyard and commercial poultry, (ii) fish farming, (iii) Dairy and small ruminant production and (iv) Bee Keeping practices
Under the direct supervision of Regional livestock officer (RLO) and overall supervision of National Livestock Coordinator, the provincial livestock officer (PLO) will do the following;
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2018||Reference:||MAIL/058/018|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||3||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• The provincial livestock officer (PLO) will be responsible for the overall livestock activities take place in their assign area.
• Organize on site trainings for male livestock farmers mainly on Farmer Filed School (FFS) methodology.
• Collect required data on production and productivity, processing of livestock products, byproducts, breed improvement, feeding, forage production/conservation and address marketing related development.
• Conduct meetings with focus groups and make minute of such meeting.
• Conduct demonstration and keep track of all records.
• Report the activities to the RLO on monthly basis.
• Help to link the FGs and VGL (CIGs) with the service delivery organization such as Veterinary Field Units (VFUs) or any other animal health providers.
• It is a filed based position. So, he should be ready to travel to field regularly.
• Participate in stockholders meeting.
• Regular supervision and monitoring of the livestock activities takes place in their assign area.
• Participate in monthly regional officers and stakeholders meetings.
• Develop activity monitoring tools for each activity with M&E and supervise accordingly.
• Any other task assigned by RLO/NLC.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Training in any discipline of animal science / veterinary science related with livestock extension, farmer field school (FFS) will be of an advantage.
• Should have good communication skills in English, and local languages are essential.
• Computer literacy, especially in MS word.
• Good report writing skill and being a good team player.
Should have bachelor degree in Veterinary Science or Animal Husbandry from a recognized university verified by MoHE.
Have at least four years working experience in similar position of donor funded projects
Afghanistan - Farah
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Provincial Livestock Officer (MAIL-058-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Regional Animal Production Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||29 Sep 2018|
|Provincial Coordinator at MAIL/NHLP||Farah||29 Sep 2018|
|Regional Orchard Management Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Herat||25 Sep 2018|
|National Quarantine Plant Entomologist at MAIL/AAIP||Nangarhar||25 Sep 2018|
|National Quarantine Plant Pathologist at MAIL/AAIP||Kunduz||21 Sep 2018|
|Horticulture Specialist at GreenTech Dunia Consulting||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at GreenTech Dunia Consulting||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|
|Procurement and Grants Contract Supervision S.. at GreenTech Dunia Consul..||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|
|Deputy Team Leader/Value Chain Specialist at GreenTech Dunia Consulting||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|