Regional Female M&E Officer(464 Views)
The National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP) have three components: (1) Horticultural Production, (2) Animal Production and Health, and (3) Implementation Management and Technical Assistance Support.
The NHLP objective is to promote the adoption of improved farm production practices via a gradual rollout of farmer-centered agricultural services mechanisms and investment support. Service delivery centered on farmers is expected to increase their involvement in identifying the services they need and in delivering more cost-effective services.
NHLP will contribute to increasing (a) horticultural productivity and production and (b) improved animal production and health. For livestock raisers, this strategy is based on (i) strengthening the delivery of animal production and animal health extension at small-holder level, supported with some investment support for production and health inputs, and (ii) investment in a sustainable broad-scale, livestock disease surveillance and response capability. NHLP will also develop policies for the livestock sector, specifically animal production through trials involving (i) backyard and commercial poultry, (ii) fish farming, (iii) Dairy and small ruminant production and (iv) Bee Keeping practices.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Regional M&E Officer and overall supervision of the M&E Coordinator, the Regional Female M&E Officer will do the following;
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2018||Reference:||MAIL/060/018|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Female|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• M&E Planning: Assists the Senior Regional M&E Officer in developing the NHLP Regional M&E Plan.
• M&E Capacity Building Training: Assists the SRMEO in M&E training of related field staff of MAIL for NHLP implementation monitoring and data gathering.
• M&E Coordination: Assists the SRMEO in establishing and equipping the Regional M&E Office, participates in the field NHLP Team’s monitoring of NHLP performance; and assists the SRMEO in coordinating with other projects, for M&E plan implementation.
• Outcome Monitoring: Assist the SRMEO in proper conduct of the bi-annual outcome/output review exercises, developing case studies on NHLP successful results and best practices, and in facilitating substantive monitoring and NHLP evaluation studies.
• Field M&E Exercises: Under the guidance of the SRMEO, undertake monitoring trips to project sites to observe NHLP field activities and gather necessary data and information
• Recording of M&E Data and Information: Maintains the relevant provincial profile and M&E information, and regularly enters M&E data in the Regional MIS Database.
• Reporting: Prepare project monitoring report to SRMEO and Assists the SRMEO in preparing the Regional NHLP progress and other reports.
• Project Review and Evaluation: Assists all field missions of the MAIL, the World Bank, NHLP/IMST and NHLP/FPs.
• Office Management: Assists the SRMEO in managing the Regional M&E Office, and keeps up-to-date all office records and maintains all office equipment.
• Others: Performs other tasks as and when assigned by the SRMEO
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Must be willing and able to travel extensively to the field and provinces for monitoring of project activities and data collection.
• Field experience in socio-economic surveys, M&E and agricultural development and 70% travel.
• Knowledge and experience on participatory approaches and team works.
• Report writing, communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills
• Computer literate, particularly in Microsoft Office software
• Proficient in English, Pashto and Dari languages
A Bachelor degree in Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration and Social Sciences from a recognized university with 4 years of relevant experience in M&E
Afghanistan - Paktia
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Regional Female M&E Officer (MAIL-060-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|مانیتور پروژه های ساختما.. at Ministry of Women Affa..||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|M&E Assistant, FEFAO at Free and Fair Election Forum of Afghanistan organ..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at SME Client Support Afghanistan LLC||Kabul||27 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator at GTR Group||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|