Admissions Officer(1614 Views)
About American University of Afghanistan
The American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) is a private, non-profit university offering an American-style liberal arts education. We opened our doors in 2005 and currently offer four undergraduate academic majors and an MBA program. We follow a strict non-discriminatory policy and applicants from all ethnic, religious, and economic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are a young and growing dynamic university with a student population of nearly 1,100 and we hope to reach 1,250 students by the fall 2018 academic semester. We have expanded operations to the 75-acre international campus across the street from our original campus. Construction is ongoing for additional classroom and lab buildings to help meet the growing needs of our student population.
The Admissions Department is seeking a qualified candidate for a full-time position as Admissions Officer based in Kabul.
The Admissions Officer is an integral member of the Admissions Team at the American University of Afghanistan (AUAF) and is responsible for assisting the Senior Admissions Officers and Admissions Director in successful implementation of a wide range of administrative, marketing and outreach activities designed to meet the university’s overall student recruitment goals.
Key outcomes include:
Applicants and potential students receive knowledgeable guidance and assistance
Applications are processed effectively and efficiently, meeting timelines and the university’s enrollment goals.
Application records are complete, accurate and establish a solid basis for all other student records.
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2018||Reference:||NA|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Handle email and telephone enquiries from perspective students, their families, teachers and other sources in a courteous, customer-oriented and professional manner.
• Receive visitors and potential students on campus and provide the necessary information about the university’s Undergraduate, Graduate, Academy and other programs.
• Follow-up with students for any enquiries through direct meetings, live chat, phone calls and emails.
• Advise students about the programs, admission procedure, eligibility requirements, scholarships and financial aid.
• Provide support to prepare admission related reports, presentations and to host student reception.
• Attend meetings and deliver presentations to potential business partners and donors about the university’s admission procedures, scholarship and financial aid policies and opportunities.
• Assist the admission and recruitment team in developing innovative student recruitment strategies and enrollment plans to attract and enroll more students with particular emphasis on female and provincial recruitment.
• Organize, manage and participate in all recruitment events, open houses, school fairs, information sessions, educational expos, school visits& tours and off-campus events for the purpose of student recruitment.
• Assist with production of publicity and promotional materials and update websites and respond to enquiries on social media.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Effective marketing and communication skills
Customer service skills
Problem solving and the skills
Required Qualification and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field
• Minimum of two years of relevant work experience
• English language proficiency in writing, reading and speaking
• Ability to speak and understand the national languages
• Strong computer skills, MS Windows and MS Office
• Able to multi-task, excellent organizational skills, ability to work independently, good problem solving abilities, and possess strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under pressure
• Trustworthy and good understanding of handling sensitive material and information.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Applicants must submit their resume and cover letter in one document as PDF or MS Word electronically. Applications are accepted in English only. Please include “Admissions Officer” in the subject line of the email.
Application Deadline: All applications must be submitted on or before September 25th, 2018. After reviews of the applicants, interviews for the finalists will be set up in Kabul on the AUAF Campus.
|More jobs in this category|
|Administrative Clerk at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||26 Nov 2018|
|Administrative & HR Manager - Re Announce at Aria Medica||Kabul||24 Dec 2018|
|Data Entry Operator at NETLINKS||Kabul||23 Nov 2018|
|Facility Management Assistant at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||24 Nov 2018|
|Admin Officer at Baheer Group of Companies (BGC)||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|رئیس اداری وتدارکات at ATRA||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|کارمند تفتیش at ATRA||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Helper at United Nations World Food Programme||Balkh||27 Nov 2018|
|Admin & Finance Officer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|باغبان at DABS/KBD||Kabul||21 Nov 2018|
|Inventory Officer at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Supply Clerk - (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Team Assistant (Secretary) at World Health Organization||Kunduz||18 Nov 2018|
|Procurement /Administration Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|