Information management Officer (Data Management)(1143 Views)
About HEDP / MoHE
Afghan policy makers perceive higher education as a vital engine of growth and development. The higher education system produces a pool of high level human resources, including policy makers, administrators, managers, entrepreneurs, engineers, medical personnel, highly skilled technicians, as well as qualified teachers and academics, that are essential for economic development. The availability of such a pool of well-educated human resources will be of central importance for the overall future development of the country. Recognizing this, the Government of Afghanistan and the World Bank (WB) have agreed to support the higher education sector through a Higher Education Operation that will succeed the previous Strengthening Higher Education Project (SHEP). The new Higher Education Development Project (HEDP) will support the overall Government’s own effort to expand and strengthen its higher education sector.
The proposed project contains two components: (1) A program component that finances strategic initiatives to develop the higher education sector. The strategic initiatives are (a) increasing participation in universities in priority degree programs for national economic development, (b) modernizing and enhancing the quality and relevance of teaching and learning; (c) expanding the professional qualifications and skills of academic and technical staff; (d) strengthening governance, quality assurance and accreditation; and (e) stimulating development orientated research. And (2) a program operations and technical support component that would support project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, research activities, human resource development for academic managers and administrative and technical staff, policy studies, beneficiary satisfaction surveys, communications and policy dialogues. The Director of the Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) will coordinate and facilitate the implementation of HEDP in close collaboration with its relevant departments.
OPERATIONS AND MONITORING SUPPORT TEAM
Support under OMST will cover coordination, technical assistance (TA), monitoring and evaluation, research and policy studies, and communication. The technical assistance and capacity building activities of this component will assist the MoHE to implement the development initiatives of the NHESP-II. Policy studies could include tracer studies of graduates to analyze their job search and labor market experience, as well as beneficiary satisfaction surveys of staff and students of institutions and programs supported by HEDP. Resources for communication would enable higher education authorities to disseminate development initiatives to political authorities, policy makers, academics, students, and the general public. The team would help MoHE to fine tune policy reforms, such as piloting and evaluating innovative approaches to promote female enrolment in priority programs. Component 2 of the Projectwill also finance the incremental operating costs of an Operations and Monitoring Support Team (OMST) in the MoHE.
The Information Management Officer will be responsible for assisting the OMST to implement sound data management and maintenance systems of all different project activities with a particular attention to the project beneficiaries’ data as well as enrollment and academic data provided by the Statistics department within the Ministry of Higher Education, under the direct supervision of the Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Manager, OMST.
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2018||Reference:||HEDP / MoHE / 031|
|Closing Date:||18 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||M & E||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Ensure timely collection, management, and dissemination of data for updating the project development indicators and project intermediate outcome indicators;
• Prepare consolidated data report/guideline pager for data description, when necessary;
• Ensure that the compiled data is consistent and correct;
• Organize hard/soft copies of all information/data collected;
• Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by programs and to verify the accuracy of reported data, when needed;
• Ensure the data maintenance of the HEDP beneficiary database;
• Assist Ministry of Higher Education in implementing Higher Education Information management System (HEMIS);
• Ensure the data maintenance and the quarterly update of the HEDP Fixed Asset Inventory;
• Assist Database and Reporting unit of Planning and Policy Directorate in maintaining their database;
• Assist HEDP in delivering capacity building activities in universities and MoHE in the area of information and data management;
• Research, develop, and implement new services that can improve efficiency of the HEDP data and information, through the use of information systems; and
• Promote and support data use and dissemination of project information among project staff.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Ability to speak, read and write excellent English, and produce reports in English for regular and continuous presentations;
• Ability to interact with senior academics and administrative staff in the university system and Ministry of Higher Education;
• Good analytical skills.
• Ability to tailor language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed;
• Ability to work with and be a partner of a team of diverse backgrounds;
• Ability to work efficiently, and to meet deadlines;
• Ability to function effectively in a team environment inspiring trust and cooperation of other team members;
• Strong communication, negotiating skills and good interpersonal relations;
• Good quantitative skills;
• Software development experience and ability to work with statistical software; and
• Ability to travel to provinces, when required.
A University degree from a scientific or quantitative discipline such as computer science, software/computer systems engineering, information technology, statistics, econometrics, mathematics or any other related fields. At least 4 years of relevant experience in Databases, Promoting Process Improvement, Presenting Technical Information, Database Management, Data Maintenance, Operating Systems, and Information Security Policies knowledge in operating a statistical software such as SPSS or in the development project, University or a public Sector is required.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, M & E
Interested national candidates should submit their applications in writing to Administration & HR Department Higher Education Development Program (HEDP) at the Ministry of Higher Education located in Karta-e-4, MoHE, Kabul, Afghanistan or e-mail their application (indicating in the subject line the Vacancy Announcement number and the title of the post applied to) to the Following email address.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications correspond to the above criteria will be contacted for written test/interview.
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Salary: NTA Grade D
|More jobs in this category|
|Project Concept Notes, Proposal Writing, M&E .. at The Liaison Office||Multi Cities||21 Jan 2019|
|Post Project Monitoring Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Balkh||28 Jan 2019|
|Post Project Monitoring Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|M&E Expert at Afghanistan Centre at Kabul University||Kabul||28 Jan 2019|
|Data Analyst at Ministry of Education (MoE)||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|Provincial Planning, Monitoring and Reporting.. at Ministry of Education ..||Multi Cities||25 Jan 2019|
|Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director at DAI||Kabul||19 Jan 2019|
|M&E Officer at Welthungerhilfe(WHH)||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|