Quality Assurance / Quality Control Expert(918 Views)
The Government of Afghanistan has identified the rehabilitation and expansion of the country's physical infrastructure as one of its highest priorities for the reconstruction and development of Afghanistan. As part of the basic economic infrastructure of the country, the energy sector occupies special prominence in the Government's development plans. Several major power sector projects, funded by the National Development Budget and by international financial institutions and donors, are presently under implementation and planning under the general oversight of De Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS).
Given the technical complexity of the Energy and Water sector and the particular demands posed by the coordination of the projects that are being funded by various sources, DABS assists its administration that will be based in Kabul and will reinforce its internal and external activities and projects smoothness and speediness in fulfilling its obligations for energy sector development.
In this context, DABS is aiming to centralize the projects management activities into a single entity and to establish a General Project Management Office. This new PMO will handle, manage, review, comment, approve and coordinate its Projects related Designs and Specifications and supervise the works on Site.
For that purpose DABS intending to hire a highly experienced and well-qualified Senior QA/QC Engineer for the new established Project Management Office PMO.
Senior QA/QC Engineer will assist the Director in the leading and new establishing of the Technical Expert Team under the overall guidance and supervision of the PMO Director.
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2018||Reference:||VA-DABS-HQs/97-0284|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Engineering and Construction||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Develop, Establish, Manage and Maintain an Organization in-house standard QA/QC System with Standard Operation Procedures and Guidelines for Clients, Consultants and Contractors Staff.
• Review of contractors plans such as quality control plan, Health and safety plan, corrective and preventive action plans and rectifying them as per project needs
• Ensuring contractors’ quality control plan is implemented on site
• Ensuring that the Quality Control Mechanisms currently employed by the Contractor are relevant
• Ensuring implementation of three phases of inspection
• Assist the supervisor(s) in controlling change
• Notifying the project manager of the deviations from scope of work, drawing discrepancies and deficient performance
• Inspect activities, tests, laboratory, material etc. to ensure that these are in accordance with relevant standards / methodologies
• Review drawings and submittals for conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary
• Chair and document weekly QA/QC meetings with the Client and Site staffs and provide written minutes
• Review the Contractor’s Daily QC Reports, test reports and any other Quality Control related activities’ reports
• Provide daily Field Observation and weekly Defect Rectifying Notifications to the Contractor
• Conduct preparatory, initial and follow up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work
• Verify and document that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project
• Coordinate and document the testing and commissioning of project works
• Assemble and forward project closeout documents that include O&M manuals, as built drawings and warranties
• Stop work if necessary to resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of work
• Review, comment, approve all the technical design drawings and specifications of the design build contractors
• Review projects drawings and specification to be compliance with the standards and codes.
• Review of the projects contracts for better resolving all technical issues with the design build contractors.
• Advise on resolving priorities on construction activities with the contractors.
• Advise on all technical matters related to the following activities: preparation, review, execution and management of technical affairs engineering projects;
• To advise and provide time to time reports to the Director regarding the technical issues, quality control, timeline, implementation schedules, concept designs and detail plans of projects;
• To support the relevant departments of DABS to carry out capacity building needs of the organization for strengthening planning, implementation and monitoring. The capacity building needs will reflect both technical and non-technical/managerial needs;
• To provide feedback about the technical terms and conditions of RFPs and supervise the activities performed by contractors and provide timely reports and advise about the schedule, quality and progress of the projects;
• To assist in negotiating with the contractors on the implementation of activities as per the contractual requirement;
• To participate in the meetings related to technical and management matters of on-going projects and also technical preparation and development of new projects;
• Supervise related PMO staff and local or international short-term consultants working for the project;
• Extensive Travel within and outside Afghanistan maybe required.
• Establishing scope of authority, clear lines of communication and reporting and specific individuals who will interact directly with the stakeholders
• Identifying potential problems and solutions
• To carry out other tasks as entrusted by the PMO Director.
• Excellent computer skills for Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint) and Internet use;
• Abilities to represent the organization in national and international levels;
• Fluency in English is a must, with excellent written and oral communication skills;
• High-level interpersonal and relationship-building skills;
• Ability to communicate and work effectively with persons of various cultures;
• Ability to Maintain effective collaboration and partnerships with organs of Government and Government Agencies, Provincial Governments, International Organizations, the Private Sector and other Stakeholders;
• Ability to Liaison with Donor agencies;
• Ability and willingness to work in a high-pressure environment;
• Ability and willingness to multi-task and work under pressure;
• Professional in appearance and demeanor;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Master’s Degree would be preferred
• Min. 5 years of relevant work experience
• Have a thorough understanding of relevant quality management systems
• Work experience with international organizations such as, WB, JICA, USAID or other is desirable.
• Direct experience in capacity development programs and/or government setting is desirable.
• Languages: Fluency in local languages (Dari/Pashto) and English is required.
• Good understanding of the relevant standards and norms relevant to the works.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Please submit your application form along with cover letter to email mentioned below Please mention the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
You can find the Application form in below link; it is your responsibility to accurately enter the information in Application Form and use digital signature. DO NOT upload any additional documents;
DABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with good knowledge base and experience background are Mostly Preferred. DABS does not discriminate in employment on the race, religion, gender, political affiliation, disability, age or other non-merit factor.
Please note: that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!