Young Professional Consultant(665 Views)
Support to National Priority Program2 (SNaPP2) is a development project of MAIL funded IFAD with the goal to improve food security and economic status of poor rural households in three provinces; Balkh, Herat and Nangarhar. The project will reach at least 57,000 households consisting of 427,500 people in these provinces.
The project has two specific objectives: (i) institutional development and capacity building of community organizations, public extension services and relevant private sector entities in the provinces; and (ii) sustained increased incomes of small farmers and herders fostered by improvements in productivity and output, infrastructure and market linkages. These objectives will be addressed through supporting institutions and services, fostering increased productivity and production, and where feasible, upgrading profitable agriculture/livestock value chains.
General Directorate of extension is the main stakeholders of the program and will lead the implementation of tow sub components 1. Extension services and 2. Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building. G.D of extension will establish program management unit under overall supervision of G.D general director who will be responsible for the implementation of the relate activities in three provinces.
Extension sub components will strengthen the extension directorate by: (i) establishing a women’s extension department in Kabul and a cadre of 12 female extension workers specializing in agriculture and livestock, in line with the Taksheel, across the six pilot districts; (ii) strengthening the male extension worker cadre at district level in agriculture and livestock; (iii) targeting young graduates from local agricultural faculties to be recruited as extension assistants, under the Taksheel, funded by the project in years 1-3 and by MAIL thereafter; and, (iv) adapting the curriculum, in collaboration with relevant MAIL directorates, using updated techniques.
Small-holder Institutional development and Capacity Building will strengthen the female CDCs through an orientation and training program guaranteeing female CDCs’ direct control over financial resources, over some elements of project implementation and over female beneficiary selection.
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement Specialist the YPC (Procurement) is responsible to assist Procurement Specialist in the procurement of goods, services and consultancies.
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2018||Reference:||0013/MAIL/SNaPP-2|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The YPC (Procurement) will report directly to the Procurement Specialist SNaPP-2. His/her Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
• The Procurement YPC will be responsible for carrying out the following activities:
• Receives assignments (Procurement Requests) on daily basis through the Procurement Specialist
• Prepares Request for Quotations (RFQs);
• Delivers the RFQs to the Potential vendors and receives it.
• Assists the committee with opening of the received quotations.
• Prepares comparative statement, and purchase agreements.
• Gets advances and replenishments for cash purchases;
• Updates/Maintains the procurement tracking sheets.
• Follow-ups and maintains all administrative procedures during the meeting, including bid/proposal opening meeting minutes.
• Manages proper procurement filling/record system, keeping system for both paper and electronic.
• Provide daily support to procurement specialist directorate
• Help in the preparation of procurement related documents
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly SNaPP-2 procurement updates; prepare status and other reports as necessary regarding progress and performance, problems and corrective actions, and general oversight
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Fresh graduate or minimum of one-year experience in similar capacity in a government and international organization, experience in Governmental Organizations are preferable.
• Eager to learn, committed and team oriented
• Good office administration and record keeping skills.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, law or any other related field
• Good communication, team working and problem-solving skills;
• Good computer skills, including proven experience using Microsoft Office package.
• Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English.
Afghanistan - Kabul
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
• The interested candidates should submit their resume alone with a covering letter to Hard copies are also accepted.
• Subject line must be: (Young Professional Consultant(Procurement)-0013/MAIL/SNaPP-2) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re - Procurement/Legal Advisor at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Kabul C..||Kabul||28 Sep 2018|
|3rd Re-announce: Senior Procurement Specialis.. at Ministry of Mines and ..||Kabul||22 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Specialist at Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Reform and Capa..||Kabul||24 Sep 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|