Young Professional Consultant(1064 Views)
Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) launches a new project called Community, Livestock and Agriculture Project (CLAP). The project is funded by International Fund for Agriculture Development (IFAD). The overall goal of the project is to contribute to reducing poverty in rural Afghanistan. More specifically, the project objective is to improve food security of 169,500 rural households in selected districts in the provinces of Kabul, Parwan, and Logar by increasing agriculture and livestock productivity. This will be achieved by enhancing productive assets, skills, services, technologies, and income opportunities of the targeted beneficiaries (i.e. by introducing appropriate livestock and agriculture technology options, strengthening local capacity, and strengthening some weak areas of value-chain, including linkages with markets). The project also aims at reducing gender disparities by increasing the social and economic status of women engaged in these activities.
Under the overall supervision of the Procurement Specialist the YPC (Procurement) is responsible to assist Procurement Specialist in the procurement of goods, services and consultancies.
|Date Posted:||12 Sep 2018||Reference:||0013/MAIL/CLAP|
|Closing Date:||25 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||0 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
The YPC (Procurement) will report directly to the Procurement Specialist CLAP. His/her Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
• The Procurement YPC will be responsible for carrying out the following activities:
• Receives assignments (Procurement Requests) on daily basis through the Procurement Specialist
• Prepares Request for Quotations (RFQs);
• Delivers the RFQs to the Potential vendors and receives it.
• Assists the committee with opening of the received quotations.
• Prepares comparative statement, and purchase agreements.
• Gets advances and replenishments for cash purchases;
• Updates/Maintains the procurement tracking sheets.
• Follow-ups and maintains all administrative procedures during the meeting, including bid/proposal opening meeting minutes.
• Manages proper procurement filling/record system, keeping system for both paper and electronic.
• Provide daily support to procurement specialist directorate
• Help in the preparation of procurement related documents
• Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly CLAP procurement updates; prepare status and other reports as necessary regarding progress and performance, problems and corrective actions, and general oversight
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Fresh graduate or minimum of one-year experience in similar capacity in a government and international organization, experience in Governmental Organizations are preferable.
• Eager to learn, committed and team oriented
• Good office administration and record keeping skills.
• Bachelor Degree in Business Administration, Economics, law or any other related field
• Good communication, team working and problem-solving skills;
• Good computer skills, including proven experience using Microsoft Office package.
• Fluency in written and spoken Pashto, Dari and English.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
• The interested candidates should submit their resume along with a covering letter to Hard copies are also accepted.
• Subject line must be: (Young Professional Consultant(Procurement)-0013/MAIL/CLAP) otherwise your application will NOT be considered.
• Candidate’s educational degree must be attested with Ministry of Higher Education - Afghanistan otherwise we will not accept the application in short listing process.
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered.
• Only short listed candidates whose application responds to the above criteria will be contacted for a Written test.
|More jobs in this category|
|Re - کارشناس تدارکات at DABS||Kabul||07 Dec 2018|
|Senior. Procurement Specialist at WEE-NPP||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Hospital Procurement Expert at Futures Group Global Outreach||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Procurement Manager at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Procurement & Warehouse Assistant at Afghan Social Marketing Organization..||Kabul||03 Dec 2018|
|Acquisition and Assistance Specialist FSN -11.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||22 Nov 2018|
|Re-Announced Procurement Assistant at SNaPP2-MAIL||Herat||20 Nov 2018|
|Procurement Assistant at CLAP-MAIL||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|