Reintegration Officer(657 Views)
Afghanaid is a British-registered international NGO, which has worked in Afghanistan for over 30 years. We assist community-driven processes that address the rights and fundamental needs of people in some of the most remote areas of Afghanistan, providing basic services, supporting development of rural livelihoods and responding to humanitarian emergencies. We are headquartered in Kabul, and operate 20 provincial and district offices across Badakhshan (north-eastern region), Samangan (northern region) and Ghor (western region), as well as a Marketing and Fundraising office in London. We employ around 160 personnel, 97% of whom are Afghans.
The Reintegration Project Officer is responsible for activities targeting the male communities focused on improving knowledge of the returnees and IDPs on reintegration policies and opportunities and improving the acceptance of the host communities, especially facilitating the reintegration sessions and dialogues between the male returnees and IDPs; and the male host communities. The incumbent will also focus on developing an action plan for mobilising the communities in order to ensure equity in the benefits of development activities and community support for project implementation and sustainability of social development.
|Date Posted:||13 Sep 2018||Reference:||VA-2018-64|
|Closing Date:||18 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Public Relations||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 12 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning, developing and implementing a reintegration component and appropriate community mobilisation approach in the selected areas of the respective province in professional and timely manner.
• Ensuring that the project reintegration component is implemented in accordance with national, organisational and donor regulations, standards and policies and those commitments to the donor, communities and other programme partners are fulfilled in a professional and timely manners.
• Coordinating and communicating with other team members and keep liaison with provincial stakeholders, especially male communities, Community Development Council (CDC) representatives, religious leaders and representatives of variety of provincial governmental departments and other institutions
• Representing Afghanaid on external forums and promote its work among line departments and NGOs working in the province.
• Community mobilisation and implementation of reintegration interventions in the selected areas of the respective province in a high quality ensuring that project targets and contractual obligations are being met.
• Ensure that the implemented activities are technically sound, cost effective and relevant to the target beneficiaries needs.
• Mobilise the communities to get their support and/or involvement in the project implementation through raising awareness on project purpose, objectives and progress among the male family members of female beneficiaries and male communities; conduct regular monitoring to find whether the project gets support from the communities and male family members of the female beneficiaries
• Provide support to project team to organize meetings with CDCs and help establish strong linkages between the female groups and the CDCs; encourage the male project participants to provide support to the female groups in linking them to market
• Provide support to the team to develop and disseminate learning/technical messages for enabling communities at various levels to manage their social and economic resources and share benefit in equitable manner for long term sustainability.
• Conduct needs assessments of male project participants, support the designing of training programs, awareness sessions and dialogues to address the identified needs.
• Building capacities of project participants on reintegration policies and opportunities; continuously monitor opportunities for returnees and IDPs and incorporate the gained information in the training program
• Facilitate discussions between the returnees and IDPs; and the host communities, solve social conflicts among the communities related to the project implementation or their status
• Advice and assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinator in designing, developing and monitoring the implementation plan related to community mobilisation and reintegration
• Prepare monthly reports;
• Contribute to the preparation of quarterly and annual project work plans and budgets and assist the Project Manager and Project Coordinators in budget tracking and analysis as necessary.
• Work closely with the project team to foster useful communication, collaboration and harmony within the team and promote individual and collective commitment to implementation quality.
• Liaison with other projects/programs operating in the area of refugee/returnee and reintegration support in the target areas to identify and taking account of development activities currently being undertaken or being developed in these sectors by the other NGOs/departments.
• Ensure good working relationship with relevant government departments and administration.
• Facilitate visits of any internal or external stakeholders to monitor the project implementation in close coordination with the project team.
• Support M&E Officer in collecting case studies, success stories and relevant M&E data
• Keep appropriate records for collecting the evidence of the implementation: attendance sheets, distribution lists, training needs assessment records, pre and post training assessment, etc.
• Support surveys conducted.
• Physically and logistically support the distribution process
• Perform any other related duties as required.
Bachelor degree or Diploma in related field. Master’s degree is preferable
At least three years of experience in similar capacity. Prior work experience in the fields of community development and community mobilisation. Proven experience in assessing training needs and building capacities of mixture of literate and illiterate project participants
Prior work experience in reintegration programmes and/or women’s empowerment programmes is preferable.
Professional Skills, Competencies, Values and Attitudes
Afghanaid seeks a responsible and dependable operations team leader with strong initiative, judgment and adaptability as well as excellent skills in communication, organisational, interpersonal relations, decision-making, financial management and reporting.
Specifically, the holder of this position should also demonstrate the following:
a. Dependable professional with strong organisational and coordination skills, initiative, judgment and adaptability with significant levels of autonomy
b. Demonstrated ability to effectively plan, setting priorities and meeting tight deadlines; results-oriented approach to delivering work priorities
c. Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning and professional development; ability to convert lessons learnt and experiences gained from delivering trainings in the field to improving the training approach;
d. Strong communication, analytical and report writing skills with fluency in spoken and written Pashto and Dari;
e. Willingness, enthusiasm and experience in working with vulnerable and/or refugee/returnee communities with focus on their economic and social empowerment and reintegration;
a. Knowledge and skills in basic computing
b. Working knowledge in English, Urdu or other local languages
Values and attitude
a. Demonstrated great interpersonal skills in working with a multi-disciplinary team
b. A clear and firm commitment to human rights, equality, role and empowerment of women, minorities and persons with disabilities.
c. Understanding and knowledge of Islamic perspective on women’s rights and strong understanding of the local context
d. Responsible, committed, honest in his/her work
e. Detail oriented person
f. Resilience to live, travel and work in isolated and possibly insecure locations.
g. Flexible, dynamic, ability to multitask
Afghanistan - Logar
AF AF 12
Please email a covering letter and your CV including the job title and your name in the subject line by 18 Sep 2018. Your covering letter should be no more than 2 standard A4 pages in length and explain how you meet the position requirements and why you feel you would be a suitable candidate for this role. Your CV should be no more than 4 pages and include 3 professional references. The precision and style with which you present yourself in your covering letter and CV will be given significant weight in short listing candidates.
|More jobs in this category|
No Record Available!