Endoscopist (Physician Gastroenterologist)(595 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health
The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) is tasked with a critical mandate; to deliver and promote sustainable and accessible health care services to the people of Afghanistan. Social and economic advancement can only be realized in a thriving and healthy society.
The success of the MoPH is heavily driven in its ability to plan and use allocated resources effectively. Effective financial management is therefore critical for sustainable development and is the primary tool that translates the MoPH development strategies into noticeable outcomes or service delivery. Good governance and democratic accountability relies on transparent management of the MoPH budget. Therefore, ineffective financial management undermines the effectiveness and efficiency of development interventions and hinders the country’s progress towards improved and sustainable health care.
MoPH finance directorate is going through a reform process and after reviewing the structure of finance directorates of other line ministries such as MRRD, MoE and MAIL, has proposed a new and standard structure that is approved by MoPH leadership, for this purpose MoPH needs a qualified staff as head of coordination and reporting unite, to take the responsibility of overall coordination and financial reporting of MoPH.
To provide excellent medical care, and to actively participate in and contribute to the management of the Endoscopy Unit. Participate in the maintenance of endoscopes and other specialized equipment used in endoscopic and non-endoscopic procedures and provide technical assistance during such procedures.
|Date Posted:||15 Sep 2018||Reference:||EP/DCM/NCCP/40|
|Closing Date:||29 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan, International||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||1 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Working within Hospital and Departmental guidance, policy and protocols undertake endoscopy procedures and be aware of the associated responsibilities and accountabilities. Clinical decision making skills and legal accountability must be understood together with the principles of precarious liability.
• Develop and maintain work plan of the endoscopy unit.
• Perform advanced and specialised clinical skills in assessment, diagnosis and treatment of endoscopy patients to enhance the patient/carer experience. To demonstrate critical thinking and reasoning skills in diagnostic decision-making
• Develop common standards and practices related to data/information collection.
• Administer conscious sedation/local anaesthesia within agreed protocols to patients requiring Endoscopy in line with the Nurse Prescribers course. Identify abnormal GI pathology, perform biopsies, photographs and complete pathology requests as required
• Perform advanced and specialised clinical skills in pre-assessment of colonoscopy patients
• Understand and implement the principles of informed consent and perform relevant consent procedures for approved endoscopy interventions.
• To provide appropriate guidance regarding wellness, lifestyle, disease risks and potential changes in health status, including health awareness, screening and prevention
• Expert knowledge in anatomy and physiology of the GI tract
• Leadership of clinical governance and patient safety
• Able to perform diagnostic endoscopy
• Achievement of high quality patient care through evidenced based practice
• Communicates articulately and sensitively with good written English and able to demonstrate the ability to deal with distressing or emotional circumstances.
• Bachelor’s in Medicine
• Specialization in internal medicine, surgery or other related disciplines
• At least one year diploma in endoscopy
• At least one year work experience in endoscopic procedures
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-700991056
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Instruction for test and interview:
The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
1. Main points of the TOR.
Bailey and Love/ Short Practice Of Surgery
Current medicine diagnosis and treatment
|More jobs in this category|
|Chief Executive Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||17 Nov 2018|
|Pharmacist Log at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||15 Nov 2018|
|Medical Doctor for Helmand residents at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||15 Nov 2018|
|Provincial Polio Officer at World Health Organization||Nangarhar||14 Nov 2018|
|تدویر کننده جلسات صحی در .. at Afghan Social Marketin..||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|انجینیر ماشینری at Herai Pharma||Herat||30 Nov 2018|
|مسئول کنترول کیفیت - لابر.. at Herai Pharma||Herat||30 Nov 2018|
|مسئول فنی تولید ادویه at Herai Pharma||Herat||30 Nov 2018|