Re - Social Sector/Road Safety Specialist(835 Views)
About Ministry of Public Works (MoPW) Kabul City Ring Road Project (KCRRP)
Governmental officeThe Ministry of Public Works (MPW) is responsible for the planning, monitoring, maintenance and development of the various transport infrastructure projects such as Roads, Bridges, Culverts, Railway and Airport in the government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan. Therefore to enhance the capacity to strengthen its ability to deliver effective, efficient and transparent services in MPW the Human Resource Directorate wishes to recruit the following staff on contract basis from development Budget for the Ministry of Public works.
Coordinate all Environmental and Land Acquisition & Resettlement (LAR) maters and collaborate with PMs, site based MPW Project Implementing Engineers (PIEs) and guide and monitor responsible project consultants during LARP preparation and implementation of KCRR projects with assistance of Environmental Specialists and LAR Specialists to ensure:
Under the overall supervision of the Senior Civil Engineer, the Social Sector/Road Safety Specialist Officer is responsible to Assist and support the KCRRP in the preparation and implementation of the KCRRRP Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP) and Resettlement Action Plan and social safeguards issues. Under the guidance of Chief Inspector, the Social sector/Road Safety specialist will ensure the timely and appropriate liaison between Project staff, government authorities, community representatives, contractors and KCRRP/MPW management.
Specific responsibilities and duties will cover three main areas of activity (a) Based on project ESM &safety; policy, survey and collection of environmental and social safeguard data, development of ESM reports and document, and ensuring the implementation of Site-Specific ESMP, RAP and relevant procedures in coordination with main office (b) inspect and monitor training activities to ensure the principles and procedures for ESIA are well understood and being followed by technical staff and contractors; (c) monitoring and reporting on the proposed environmental and social mitigation measures in the site-specific ESMP.
|Date Posted:||15 Sep 2018||Reference:||MPW/ KCRRP /97 - 002|
|Closing Date:||28 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Contractor||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
A. Environmental and Social Safeguard Assessment and Management
• Conduct environmental and social safeguard assessments and date collection for the preparation of RAP and ESMP for each segment of the road
• Dissemination of project information to community/PAPs as proposed in the ESIA and RAP and Monitor project office compliance with this requirement.
• Conduct timely and accurate assessments of people affected by the project are implemented in line with the ESIA and RAP requirements.
• Carry out consultation with PAPs, PAFs, community, district governor and other stakeholder during RAP preparation and during project construction phase
• Assist the Chief Inspector in development and preparing of RAP, ESMP and update ESIA and other ESM reports
• Ensure the implementation of site-specific environmental and social management plans by the contractors
• Ensure the implementation of Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) as per the project guidelines
• Ensure that all project activities and its implementation are in compliance with approved ESIA, ESMP and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
• Ensure liaison and coordination through Chief Inspector with regional agencies (line Ministries, Governor’s Offices, Provincial Councilors; PDC’s, DDAs, NGOs and NEPA) for ensuring implementation of ESIA provisions especially social development issues during RAP and ESMP implementation.
• Assist in monitoring the participation of women’s participation in the implementation of projects to ensure compliance with the terms agreed within community consultation and participation and the contractor. Where compliance is weak, coordinate with Chief Inspector/Regional & Head Office team and other relevant stakeholders to take appropriate measures to facilitate dialogue on the agreed terms and make recommendations to address challenges that arise.
• Provide input on gender-specific activities into regional monthly reports on project progress highlighting relevant implementation challenges and measures to address such challenges as they arise and ensure timely reporting to Chief Inspector/ESMU
• Perform any other tasks as requested by the Chief Inspector/head of ESMU
• Public information disclosure and consultation, Detailed Measurement Survey (DMS), valuation of replacement cost, grievance redress mechanism, is adequately conducted in a timely manner with all stakeholders, particularly with affected persons, and recorded, in accordance with Afghan Govt. Law and IDB’s SPS 2009.
• Internal monitoring reports (EMR/SMR) are prepared and timely submission of them Budgetary allocations for land acquisition and resettlement cost are incorporated by the Ministry of Finance in a timely manner.
• land acquisition and payment- of- compensation applications are prepared and submitted to the Council of Ministers
• Conduct regular field visits to monitor to monitor the environmental and LAR process with the Environment and LAR Specialists
• address any environmental and LAR issues or unanticipated impact by Corrective Action Plans (CAP)
• Maintain a Displaced Persons’ database of all KCRR projects
• Receive all environmental and LAR related complaints
• Carry out environmental review and screening of projects Environmental Management Plans (EMPs), EIA, IEE, EMR and other environmental documents of the projects
• Review project plan, design, cost, and bid documents to ensure environmental factors and mitigations are incorporated, and project documents and environmental documents are in harmony;
• Maintain liaison with respective shura, relevant district and provincial departments and ARAZI for LAR matters and NEPA for environmental matters on KCRRR projects.
• Provide conceptual, operational and technical support on safeguards issues to KCRRP according to Afghan Government, NEPA and IDB safeguard policies and procedures;
• Recommend actions to be taken based on the assessments
B. Training and Awareness Raising
• Train the contractor’s ESM Officer on ESMP and the Specific Environmental and Social Conditions proposed in the ESIA and RAP
• Ensure efficient communication with HQ office and Regional Office management and staff regarding ESIA to be taken into account in the project preparatory activities;
• Facilitate the delivery of training on ESMP and Conditions of Particular Application (COPA) prepared for use in the KCRRP.
• Liaise with the Public Relations and Communications team to raise awareness of the Project ESIA activities and achievements and coordinate inputs into media and visibility initiatives.
• Ensure that the project contractor is well understand the EISA and its relevant guidelines and procedures by contractors
• Identify training needs of the key counterparts in the development and delivery of identified trainings.
C. Monitoring Evaluation and Reporting
• Regular site supervision of implementation of the ESMP by contractor
• Periodic supervision and monitoring of the project activities and make sure that the activities are in compliance with ESMP and COPA
• Carry out regular monitoring of the environmental and social mitigation measures and RAP implementation
• Regular progress report to ESMU regarding ESMP implementation
• Ensure all relevant gender related socio-economic data on target communities is collected and consolidated and available in the office;
• Support the KCRRP management in the preparation of socio-economic impact assessments of projects as required;
• Prepare and submit regular reports on Chief Inspector/ESM activities to the Chief Inspector/ESM Unit
• Perform other duties as requested by the Chief Inspector/ESM Unit
D. Monitoring and Progress Controls
• Timely submission of monthly and quarterly reports to the Chief Inspector/ESM Unit
• Timely review of all KCRRP contract documents and issuance of ESMP clearance
• Ad-hoc meetings with Regional field staff on work progress and challenges
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Proficiency in English, Dari and Pashto (Reading, Writing and Speaking)
• Proven organizational, negotiation and problem solving skills.
• Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
• Self-discipline, integrity and ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task and work under pressure;
• Good knowledge of facilitating techniques and demonstrated facilitating skills.
• Ability to take initiative and ensure adequate and rapid follow-up actions.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Willingness to work longs when required and is able to work under time pressure.
• Be willing and able to travel to provinces within Afghanistan, including insecure and volatile areas.
• Good working knowledge of Ms Office applications (Word, Excel) and internet/e-mail.
• Be able to work in a multi-cultural environment.
• NTA (5) years’ experience in relevant field Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering, Master degree preferred in relevant field.
• Teamwork - Good interpersonal skills and ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with people;
• Good working skills in report writing in English and Dari.
• At least 5 years’ professional work experience in Road safety, or 7 years’ experience in Civil Engineering or similar discipline.
• Previous experience with similar responsibility would be an asset.
• Previous work experience with international organization highly desirable.
• Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
• Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
• Copy of verified Afghan ID Card (Tazkera)
• Copy of verified last Posting Contract
• Certificate’s and Appreciation Letter’s
Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Master degree preferred in relevant field.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Interested Applicants are requested to forward their applications and detailed CV with Cover Letter, to mentioned E-mail ID, kindly indicate the vacancy number (MPW/KCRRP/97-002) and the post title (Social Sector/Road Safety Specialist) in the subject line when applying by email. To the Human Resource Unit of KCRRP of Ministry of Public Works first Macroryan Kabul Afghanistan.
Applicants not mentioning the vacancy title and Number in subject line of e-mail will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified
|More jobs in this category|
|O&M Coordinator, Region at I Engineering Group||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|O&M Supervisor, Preventive Maintenance at I Engineering Group||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|O&M Field Technician, Mechanical at I Engineering Group||Multi Cities||26 Nov 2018|
|Civil Engineer at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP Project||Kabul||26 Nov 2018|
|Junior Civil Engineer(Re announced) at ( Ministry of Agriculture) AAIP P..||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|Construction Manager at (MCG ) Mumtaz Construction Group||Kabul||03 Dec 2018|
|HVAC Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at UNCDC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|