Provincial Coordinator(477 Views)
The National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP) have three components: (1) Horticultural Production, (2) Animal Production and Health, and (3) Implementation Management and Technical Assistance Support.
The NHLP objective is to promote the adoption of improved farm production practices via a gradual rollout of farmer-centered agricultural services mechanisms and investment support. Service delivery centered on farmers is expected to increase their involvement in identifying the services they need and in delivering more cost-effective services.
NHLP will contribute to increasing (a) horticultural productivity and production and (b) improved animal production and health. For livestock raisers, this strategy is based on (i) strengthening the delivery of animal production and animal health extension at small-holder level, supported with some investment support for production and health inputs, and (ii) investment in a sustainable broad-scale, livestock disease surveillance and response capability. NHLP will also develop policies for the livestock sector, specifically animal production through trials involving (i) backyard and commercial poultry, (ii) fish farming, (iii) Dairy and small ruminant production and (iv) Bee Keeping practices.
Under the direct supervision of the Regional Coordinator and overall supervision of the National Horticulture Coordinator, the Provincial Coordinator will do the following;
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2018||Reference:||MAIL/062/018|
|Closing Date:||29 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide enough guidance to Extension Workers and Farmers to carry out the activities of NHLP
• Support farmers to select knowledgeable and trustable farmers as farmer trainer.
• Provide guidance and supervision support on the Farmer Field school related activities. In addition, the Provincial Coordinator should also contribute and support the establishment of the CIG and preparation of the ESMPs.
• Prepare schedule of training program for his province.
• Close liaison with Monitoring &valuation;, Soil and Water Management, Integrated Pest Management, Environmental Social Safeguard Framework, Gender and Capacity Building components of NHLP.
• Liaise regularly with Provincial Agriculture Director of MAIL.
• Provide close collaboration on NHLP activities with Provincial Agriculture Directors of MAIL especially DAIL extension unit and extension worker and contribute to building their capacity.
• Hold regular team meetings with Extension Officers to discuss common experience and problems.
• Provincial Coordinators support Extension Workers in identifying members and farming Farmer Groups in collaboration with CDC or Shura.
• Monitor Farmer Field School, Common Interest Groups, FSC activities.
• Train Extension Workers
• Support ongoing communications with Shura/CDC and other regional or provincial organizations with an interest in the agriculture sector, including other donor funded projects and stake holders.
• Any other task assigned by the senior supervisors.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Must be able to travel in the province where NHLP operates
• Must be fluent in English and the local languages
• Impartial in selection of beneficiaries and other activities should not indulge in any political activity.
• It is preferable that Provincial Coordinators should be residents of the operating areas with enough knowledge of the area with the crops in the area
A Bachelor degree in Horticulture / Agriculture or related discipline from recognized university with 4 years of relevant experience.
Afghanistan - Farah: PROVINCIAL CENTER (FARAH)
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Provincial Coordinator (MAIL-062-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Regional Animal Production Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||29 Sep 2018|
|Regional Orchard Management Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Herat||25 Sep 2018|
|Provincial Livestock Officer at MAIL/NHLP||Multi Cities||25 Sep 2018|
|National Quarantine Plant Entomologist at MAIL/AAIP||Nangarhar||25 Sep 2018|
|National Quarantine Plant Pathologist at MAIL/AAIP||Kunduz||21 Sep 2018|
|Horticulture Specialist at GreenTech Dunia Consulting||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|
|Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist at GreenTech Dunia Consulting||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|
|Procurement and Grants Contract Supervision S.. at GreenTech Dunia Consul..||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|
|Deputy Team Leader/Value Chain Specialist at GreenTech Dunia Consulting||Multi Cities||20 Sep 2018|