Regional Animal Production Officer(1347 Views)
The National Horticulture and Livestock Project (NHLP) have three components: (1) Horticultural Production, (2) Animal Production and Health, and (3) Implementation Management and Technical Assistance Support.
The NHLP objective is to promote the adoption of improved farm production practices via a gradual rollout of farmer-centered agricultural services mechanisms and investment support. Service delivery centered on farmers is expected to increase their involvement in identifying the services they need and in delivering more cost-effective services.
NHLP will contribute to increasing (a) horticultural productivity and production and (b) improved animal production and health. For livestock raisers, this strategy is based on (i) strengthening the delivery of animal production and animal health extension at small-holder level, supported with some investment support for production and health inputs, and (ii) investment in a sustainable broad-scale, livestock disease surveillance and response capability. NHLP will also develop policies for the livestock sector, specifically animal production through trials involving (i) backyard and commercial poultry, (ii) fish farming, (iii) Dairy and small ruminant production and (iv) Bee Keeping practices.
Under the overall supervision of National Livestock Coordinator, direct supervision of the Regional Livestock Officer and technical assistance and guidance of the Animal Production the Regional Animal Production Officer will do the following:
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2018||Reference:||MAIL/063/018|
|Closing Date:||29 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Agriculture||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||4 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supervise the implementation of the poultry or any other production project and monitor animal production activities at provincial and regional level.
• Ensure the goods and services delivery for the animal production programs and when delivered, report to the regional livestock officer.
• He should be responsible for the quality assurance and besides poultry will work for any other activity under animal production (dairy, fishery, Api-culture etc.)
• Collect data and report in writing to the Regional Livestock Officer each month regarding poultry/animal production and productivity, feeding, vaccination, medication and diseases among the animal raisers under his control,
• Conduct coordination meetings with stakeholders, IPs, MAIL representatives (at regional/provincial/district level) for the smooth implementation of the animal production programs, by taking minutes at these meetings and reporting to the RLO on issues raised.
• Monitor the quality and quantities of production inputs delivered by the IP to beneficiaries.
• Assist field staff in conducting beneficiary surveys to ensure the findings of such surveys are accurately reported to the RLO.
• Supervise and assist with the implementation of poultry raiser training and coop construction.
• Conduct poultry/animal raising field demonstrations, coordinate with other partners working in livestock sector.
• Solve local technical poultry issues where possible and report ongoing problems to the RLO, including outbreaks of disease, and poultry mortality.
• Prepare monthly activity plans, monthly reports and time sheets for submission to the RLO.
• He should make field visits and conduct activities assessments and submit its report.
• He should also ensure work of the Regional Poultry Assistant and she will work under the direct supervision of RAPO.
• Any other job assign by Animal Production Responsible or NLC
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Have good managerial skills to manage livestock team.
• Should have good communication skills and has commend on English, and local languages.
• Computer literacy, especially in MS Office.
• Good report writing skill and being a good team player
• Should have bachelor degree in Veterinary Science or Animal Husbandry from a recognized university verified by MoHE.
• Have at least four years working experience in similar position of donor funded projects.
• Preference will be given to formal training in Livestock Management and Housing, Nutrition, Production or Farming Operations.
Afghanistan - Herat
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Agriculture
• The interested candidates should submit their resumes along with a cover letter to Human Resource Directorate of Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) as following Conditions
• Subject line must be Regional Animal Production Officer (MAIL-063-018) otherwise application will NOT be considered
• No resume will be taken under consideration without having a cover letter, the position title vacancy number in the subject line of the email
• Please note that application received after the closing date will not be considered
Note: The Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation and Livestock (MAIL) is an equal opportunity employer which encourages male and female candidates to apply for vacant positions.
Only short-listed candidates whose applications respond to the above criteria will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|Horticulture Trainer at The Liaison Office||Multi Cities||21 Jan 2019|
|Driver at MAIL/OFWMP||Nangarhar||19 Jan 2019|
|Agronomist at MAIL/OFWMP||Herat||19 Jan 2019|
|Water Management Specialist at MAIL/OFWMP||Herat||19 Jan 2019|
|Social Organizer (NRM) at DACAAR||Nangarhar||21 Jan 2019|
|Agribusiness Development Specialist at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||21 Jan 2019|
|Horticulture Development Specialist at MAIL/HVCDSP||Kabul||21 Jan 2019|
|Resource Management Advisor at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation and liv..||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|
|Exhibition Management Specialist at Ministry of Agriculture Irrigation an..||Kabul||20 Jan 2019|