Senior officer for Community Base Nutrition program(833 Views)
About Ministry of Public Health
The recent nutrition paradigm shift and Afghanistan signing to Scaling up Nutrition (SUN) movement has put more focus on preventative interventions and addressing all forms of malnutrition. Stunting rates of 41% imply that 4 out of 10 children cannot reach full mental or physical capacity. Many factors contribute to stunting in Afghanistan including sub-optimal infant and young child feeding (IYCF) and care practices, low dietary diversity, food security, lack of clean water and sanitation, poor hygiene and access to health services. The Government of Afghanistan has undertaken several measures to bring strong focus on child nutrition including strengthening community based nutrition interventions to address child under-nutrition. The Public Nutrition Directorate (PND) of MoPH through support from development partners have developed a well thought out community based nutrition program (CBNP) has been developed with the support of UNICEF and partners, that is a practical comprehensive minimum service that are delivered at community level. The CBNP comprises both community mobilization and practical demonstrations to educate and motivate behavior change among caregivers through community health workers (CHWs). The CHWs are trained and provided with materials and job aids to ensure they implement the community-level activities such as nutrition education, counselling and food demonstration on breastfeeding and complementary feeding.
However the roll out and scale up of CBNP in all the 34 provinces will need close coordination, planning, budgeting, management and supportive supervision at all level s to ensure quality and that services are reaching all households in Afghanistan. Therefore, the MoPH-PND is looking for a senior officer who will provide technical support and oversight to all implementing partners in the implementation of CBNP and achievement of results for children
The objective of this position is to ensure quality of CBNP activities through the process of implementation and scale up to the 34 provinces which may include but not limited to to ensure a high coverage and q technical support/guidance to implementing partners at national and sub national level
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2018||Reference:||Base Nutrition program|
|Closing Date:||30 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Health/Medical||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To establish, lead and organize the community based nutrition technical working group within the frame of MoPH-PND.
• To ensure appropriate nutrition supply (community kits, facilitators kits, job aids, cooking demonstration kit, and equipment) chain management including ensuring end use. .
• Monitoring and supportive supervision of nutrition community based nutrition activities and to ensure competencies at all levels for implementation.
• Collaborate with AIM technical working group and HMIS to ensure complete, correct, consistent and comprehensive data is collected through established community based information system, timely analysis and used for evidence planning and programming
• Ensure knowledge management and documentation of lessons learnt during CBNP implementation and keep abreast of relevant nutrition policies and guidelines and communicate necessary updates to all PND`s staff, PNOs and the NGOs focal points.
• To participate in assessments and implementation research of the community based nutrition programed that include field travel in highly insecure provinces.
• Partnership management with the MoPH-CBHC department and all stakeholders who are involved in the area of nutrition and community based activities.
• Coordinate and participate in CBNP review meetings as well as relevant coordination meetings (CBHC, health promotion cluster, CAH meetings, meeting with BPHS and other relevant events in-side and out-side the country and to represent MoPH-PND.
• Integration with other nutrition-specific programmers (IYCF, micronutrients, IMAM, nutrition SBCC activities adolescent and maternal nutrition etc.,) and nutrition sensitive programmers (WASH, Agriculture, MNCH) through AfSeN for strengthening all community based nutrition interventions.
• Innovation on how to increase the coverage of community based nutrition activities including strengthening screening and referral mechanism, and additional components such as maternal nutrition, home fortification with micronutrient powder and early childhood development
• Report of advocacy meeting or other activities related to CBNP with high level authorities, donors and implementing partners.
• Prepare technical reports, presentation and other documents related to CBNP program.
• Good planning and organizing skills
• Good analytical and writing skills in English, Pashto and Dari
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent facilitation with good knowledge of adult learning skills
• Results driven
• A medical doctor(MD) university or higher in nutrition, public health, nutrition epidemiology or other relevant health and nutrition related science field is required.
• A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in nutrition public health , nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, infant and young child nutrition at policy, national and field level
• Knowledge and skills on participatory methodology and/or community nutrition approaches and/or social and behavior change and communication (SBCC) is an asset.
Fluency in English is essential; Fluency in both local languages Pashto and Dari is an asset
Be able to work in all aspects of Ms. Office (Ms. Word, Ms. Excel, Ms. Power point and etc.), outlook and internet browsers
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Health/Medical
(I) Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail which corresponds if any of following 2 items is missing, your application will be considered as ineligible/incomplete.
1. In your emails please specify the title of the position as well as vacancy number for electronic submissions and please do the same in the hardcopy submissions.
2. Updated Curriculum vitae (CV)/Resume (Please attached your recent photo and mention in your CV exact date/periods of your work experience, graduation Day, Month, and Year).
If you are shortlisted and invited for written test/interview you will be required to present the original, the following:
A. Education Documents: Your recent education degree/diploma
Copy of verified Baccalaureate (12 passed) degree by Ministry of Education
Copy of verified 14 or 15 passed degree by related Ministries
Copy of verified Bachelor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Medical Doctor Degree by Ministry of Higher Education
Copy of verified Master degree by Ministry of Higher Education
B. Copy of National Identity Card (Tazkira: Only the pages that show picture and Tazkira number, pages, place of issue and date of issue)
• Electronic applications will be sent to: sub e-mail
• Hard copies will be sent to: HR Container, Second floor, at the Ministry of Public Health, Great Masoud Square Kabul Afghanistan.
• The Contact Person at Human Resources is: Mr. Mojib Rahimi, HR Officer, MoPH-GD HR. Phone number: 0093- (0)-700991056
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to written test/interview and subsequent process. Please contact the person in charge (Mr. Mojib Rahimi ) for confirmation.
• No CVs will be accepted after the closing date.
• Any persuade will be threat as disqualification.
• Candidate who applies for the same position in last six months and was unsuccessful (Obtained less than 60% marks), will not be short listed.
• Fraudulent documents and or fraudulent claims in CVs and or documents will result in disqualification at any stage of the recruitment process.
Instruction for test and interview:
The test and interview will be taken from the following references:
1. Main points of the TOR.
2- CBNP – package
3- Public Nutrition guideline and SOP
|More jobs in this category|
|District Polio Officer at World Health Organization||Daikondi||20 Nov 2018|
|Chief Executive Officer at Ministry of Public Health||Kabul||17 Nov 2018|
|Pharmacist Log at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||15 Nov 2018|
|Medical Doctor for Helmand residents at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Helmand||15 Nov 2018|
|تدویر کننده جلسات صحی در .. at Afghan Social Marketin..||Kabul||20 Nov 2018|
|انجینیر ماشینری at Herai Pharma||Herat||30 Nov 2018|
|مسئول کنترول کیفیت - لابر.. at Herai Pharma||Herat||30 Nov 2018|
|مسئول فنی تولید ادویه at Herai Pharma||Herat||30 Nov 2018|