Role Profile ELC Coordinator (Jawzjan)(845 Views)
About British Council Afghanistan
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We operate in 100 countries. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements.
The purpose of this job is to:
• To supply and co-ordinate the provision of high quality English Language learning opportunities to individual/ female/male school students, program participants and groups to help them achieve their English language goals.
• To ensure the successful and smooth running of the centre.
o Number of hours per week: 0800-1600 Saturday- Wednesday = 40 hours (fixed – non-negotiable)
o Working will vary depending on the needs of the centre.
o Occasional weekend work maybe required with subsequent time of in due
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2018||Reference:||00048|
|Closing Date:||26 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
This role is accountable for
• The smooth-running of one of our centres (including facilities, opening hours, resources etc.)
• Monitoring and reporting of attendance and progress.
The role is responsible for
• Delivering well-planned and appropriate lessons when required
• Promoting independent study as agreed with the Programme Manager
• The recruitment and retention of users.
• Helping users (master trainers, programme participants, school teachers, and school students) to gain maximum benefit from the centre.
• Maintaining and developing client/partner relations.
• Playing an active role in the wider English for Schools team
The main duties are:
• Managing the Learning Centre
• Monitoring and reporting of attendance/ timesheets and progress of the attendees
• Conducting placement testing
• Assisting with digital learning
• Having English programmes for school teachers.
• Recording number of school students who come to the Centre for self-study
• Verifying and provision of data on inventory & asset verification quarterly
• Helping with the establishment & instalment of accessories of the Centres in designated schools.
• Supporting users by;
o Giving advice and helping them select self –study materials.
o Drawing up “study paths” with individual learners.
o Running induction and learning sessions & workshops.
o Providing technical support as required (e.g. with educational software)
• Day –to-day management of the centre and its resources including
o The security of materials and equipment.
o The maintenance of an up-to-date inventory.
• Developing and maintaining a good knowledge of the resources available and contributing to the development and /or selection of new resources to meet users’ needs.
• Attending meetings as required as being an active and supportive member of the English for Schools team.
• Attending and participating in Professional Development training (face-to-face/ online) organised for English for Schools staff.
• Other administrative duties related to courses and lessons
LEARNING CENTRE MANAGEMENT, SUBJECT KNOWELDGE, COURSE AND LESSON PLANNING and LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES
University Degree (Business Management or relevant field)
Afghanistan - Jawzjan
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Administrative
All applications must be made using the British Council application form. Obtain the Application from our website https://www.britishcouncil.af/about/jobs
Further details of the posts can be obtained from the same address.
Please note that application is by this form only. We WILL NOT accept CVs.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Both men and women are welcome to apply for the mentioned posts.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
|More jobs in this category|
|Helper at United Nations World Food Programme||Balkh||27 Nov 2018|
|Admin & Finance Officer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Driver at MAIL/Panj Amu||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|باغبان at DABS/KBD||Kabul||21 Nov 2018|
|معاون اداری بست ۲ at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Inventory Officer at MAIL/CPMO||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Admin Officer at Mohib Construction||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Supply Clerk - (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||19 Nov 2018|
|Team Assistant (Secretary) at World Health Organization||Kunduz||18 Nov 2018|
|محافظ at DABS/KBD||Kabul||17 Nov 2018|
|صفا کار at DABS/KBD||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Cook at MAIL/AMIP||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|
|Procurement /Administration Specialist at Agricultural Development Fund||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|