Role Profile English Teacher and Master Trainer (Jawzjan)(868 Views)
About British Council Afghanistan
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We operate in 100 countries. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements.
The purpose of this job is to deliver English Language Training and Teacher Training to support the delivery of British Council projects in Afghanistan and to work as a member of the English team contributing to the fulfilment of British Council objectives in Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2018||Reference:||00049|
|Closing Date:||26 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||2 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
This role is accountable for
• Delivering well-planned and appropriate lessons to scheduled classes for programme participants
• Performing the additional tasks that are relevant to successful study such as planning lessons and marking tests and homework.
• Teacher training for programme participants
• English language training for school students as required
• Observation of Classes
This role is responsible for
• Monitoring and reporting on attendance and progress
• Promoting independent study as agreed with the Programme Manager
• Playing an active role in the wider English team
• Contributing to the English for Afghans programme as a whole
• Assisting with testing and monitoring evaluation
The main duties are:
• Planning and preparing lessons
• Monitoring attendance and progress of all students
• Delivering teacher training for programme participants
• Providing feedback on classes & reviewing lesson plans when required
• Observing in-service teachers & filling in observation forms
• Developing and maintaining a good knowledge of the resources available to students and contributing to the development and/or selection of new resources to meet learners’ needs
• Attending meetings as required and being an active and supportive members of the English for Afghans team
• Other administrative duties related to courses and lessons
• Attending and participating in training and CPD initiatives organised for teachers
CLASSROOM MANAGEMENT, SUBJECT KNOWELDGE, COURSE AND LESSON PLANNING, UNDERSTANDING YOUR LEARNERS and LEARNING TECHNOLOGIES
University Degree (BA in English or relevant field)
Afghanistan - Jawzjan
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Education
All applications must be made using the British Council application form. Obtain the Application from our website https://www.britishcouncil.af/about/jobs
Further details of the posts can be obtained from the same address.
Please note that application is by this form only. We WILL NOT accept CVs.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Both men and women are welcome to apply for the mentioned posts.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
|More jobs in this category|
|Education Advisor at U.S. Embassy||Kabul||28 Nov 2018|
|Project Management Specialist (Education) FSN.. at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Nov 2018|
|آمر کلینیک حقوقی at Ghalib University||Kabul||27 Nov 2018|
|English Language Instructor/Computer teacher at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of..||Kabul||11 Dec 2018|
|TOEFL Instructor at Social and Educational Services Organization||Multi Cities||17 Nov 2018|
|English Language & Computer Instructor at Bo Ali Seena English Language C..||Kabul||06 Dec 2018|
|Marketing Manager at Karwan University||Kabul||05 Dec 2018|
|Englısh Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|معلم دری at Barakat International School||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||25 Nov 2018|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|