Senior Technical Advisor for MoMP Authority(521 Views)
About Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum is an enabler of the sector’s development and steward of all mineral and hydrocarbon resources through the implementation of international best practice, policies, regulations and procedures to encourage environmentally and socially acceptable private investment.
It is the responsibility of the Ministry of Mines and Petroleum to ensure progress in research, exploration, development, and exploitation of both minerals and hydrocarbons. The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum approach is to create the highest level of ministerial competence, promote clear and transparent investment opportunities through modern laws, regulation and policies; and develop a progressive and inviting fiscal regime.
The Ministry of Mines and Petroleum has number of development projects which are setting up, supporting and monitoring through the PSU Directorate within the Ministry of Mines & Petroleum. The MoMP is now seeking well qualified individual for the position of Senior Technical Advisor to work in Technical Deputy Ministry at MoMP.
Under the direct supervision of Technical Deputy Minister, Senior Technical Advisor is responsible for the functions related to the participation in all necessary internal and external technical meetings of Ministry of Mines and provides other advice and duties requested from authorities.
|Date Posted:||16 Sep 2018||Reference:||MoMP/ Senior Technical Advisor|
|Closing Date:||27 Sep 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Technical||Open Ended:||Yes|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 3 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop an action plan based on job description.
2. Continues participation and involvement in big, medium, small size Mines contracts meetings to monitor proposals with Committee including (IMC) to find possible solution and other committees to give right consult.
3. Participate in all precious and Semi-precious stones meetings which are exported and traded by the national and international businessmen inside the county or outside the country are identified and priced by the committee.
4. Participation with the committee in the Ministry of Mine reporting according to the contract to the authorities.
5. Participation in all necessary internal and external technical meetings of Ministry of Mine.
6. Technical Advising to all Directorates
7. Identification of jewels, minerals and rock samples brought from the local area.
8. Participation in designing plan and policy according to the laws and regulations
9. Cooperation and advising technical proposals in order to direct programs of Mines for the extraction.
10. Advice on enrichment goals of Ministry.
11. Technical advisor will be providing necessary advice to Geological problems to the Ministry of Mine and mining companies.
12. Technical advisor will be required to travel to the extraction areas of mining in provinces and he will also be required to prepare report and to submitted to Ministry of Mine.
13. Active Participation in meetings and educational, technical seminars inside and outside the ministry
14. Provide other advice and duties requested from authorities
15. Any other tasks assigned by the direct manager according to law and regulations.
• Identify and define technical and administrative problems, identify and evaluate alternative solutions, and select and implement the best alternative
• Prepare plan correction reports
• Review proposed projects to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
• Communicate effectively in oral and written form
• team member
• attention to detail and accuracy
• University degree in Mines and Geology and Petroleum Geology or related subject; Master’s preferable.
• Minimum 5-10 years’ experience in the related field.
• Contract tracking and management systems.
• Ability of Training processes and techniques.
• Supervisory practices, principles, and methods.
• Maintaining an established work schedule.
• Effectively using interpersonal and communications skills including tact and Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Able to produce reports and other standards documents up to a professional standard Fluency in English (written and spoken), Pashto and Dari, local language proficiency is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Technical
Expressions of interest (including CV and three references in word file) should be sent to the email address below by no later than 27/Sep. / 2018 at 16:00 hrs. Reference MOMP/PSU/Senior Technical Advisor must be quoted on all correspondence and the Expression of interest.
Ministry of Mines and Petroleum, Project Support Unit (PSU)
Attention: Mr. Abdul Basheer “Hassam” (Projects HR Coordinator)
Development Projects HR Unit, Second floor, Laboratory Building, Afghanistan Geological Survey (AGS), at Abdul Haq Square.
Cell phone: +93 (0) 795 62 63 20
only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
|More jobs in this category|
|معاون فنی بست ۲ at Ministry of Mines and Petroleum (MoMP)||Kabul||16 Nov 2018|