Senior Reseacher(1240 Views)
About Office of Senior Advisor to the President of Afghanistan on Banking and Finance
The Office Senior Advisor to the President of Afghanistan on Banking and Finance is responsible for formulating the overall economic strategic goals of the government. It accomplishes this objective through four work streams: (1) coordinating policy-making for domestic and international economic issues, (2) coordinating economic policy advice for the President, (3) ensuring that policy decisions are consistent with the President’s economic goals and (4) monitoring implementation of the president’s economic policy agenda. The office also provides economic advice to the High Economic Council in pursuit of the above goals.
The Senior Researcher will primarily be responsible to conduct in-depth research of the key industries with the objective of identifying areas where government intervention is required.
He/she will work with the Research and Economists teams to analyze national economic data and its relationship to the government policies. Evaluate the effectiveness of government policies and to make sure policies formulated are aligned with government’s goals of private sector and industrial development.
|Date Posted:||18 Sep 2018||Reference:||N/A|
|Closing Date:||18 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Research/Survey||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Permanent||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
|Probation Period:||2 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research using appropriate tools with the aim of providing objective analysis on policy issues
- Contribute in preparation of written reports, papers and memos for the Senior Advisor to the President
- Develop data collection instruments for research projects
- Utilize analytical tools such as Spreadsheets, SPSS and STATA to analyze and interpret data
- Supervise research assistants in collecting data and doing literature review for research projects
- Contribute in building an integrated database on current economic issues
- Prepare monthly and quarterly sector analysis reports of construction, agriculture, telecom and manufacturing
- Produce research material for publication on website
- Form a comprehensive, monthly and yearly agenda of topics on economic sectors, to be studied
- Deliver formal presentations to various types of audiences as required
- Develop contacts within government organizations, business community at large and policy research
organizations to keep current with public policy issues
- Any other task may assigned, based on requirement.
Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Statistics or closely related fields.
At least 3 years of relevant experience, preference will be given to candidates with additional years of experience.
Fluent in written and spoken Dari/Pashto and English languages.
Competency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Please send your CV along with cover letter.
|More jobs in this category|
|Researcher / City University Project - Afghan.. at Samuel Hall||Kabul||15 Mar 2019|