Irrigation Design Drainage Engineer(1156 Views)
About Afghan Accenture Consulting Services
AACS Consulting is a management solutions and professional services firm providing various clients services of global standards in local settings. The innovative approach, technical know-how and a focus on results define the work done at AACS Consulting where a capable team of national and international experts passionately design effective solutions to various international trade and development challenges. For nearly a decade, AACS Consulting has delivered services to a wide range of government, United Nations, international development, and business institutions. These services have been offered in areas of Research and Survey, Monitoring and Evaluation, Business Development, and Audit and Tax Advisory.
The Irrigation Design / Drainage Engineer will be the AACS Consulting project’s technical team member. This position is responsible for all Engineering infrastructure and irrigation aspects of the SWIM project activities in the assigned targeted areas of Project. Irrigation Design and Drainage Engineer will manage engineering activities and work closely with Senior International Irrigation Design Engineer to select projects to conduct feasibility assessments in collaboration with other program staff follow the developed design and estimation of the projects and supervise project implementation in the project’s sites. In addition to overall technical project management, the Irrigation Design & Drainage Engineer will work closely with the Project team and other stakeholders to build their capacity on the subject area.
|Date Posted:||25 Sep 2018||Reference:||AACS-VA-0114|
|Closing Date:||18 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Engineering||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||No|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Under the supervision of Senior International Irrigation Design Engineer, the Irrigation Design and Drainage Engineer will work together with the program team to ensure that all infrastructure projects are implemented in the selected communities.
• Should have full knowledge of designs of irrigation canals siphons culverts retaining walls small and medium size bridges passageways spillways and all irrigation related structures.
• Responsible The innovative in selection of projects conducting feasibility studies preparing design cost estimation preparing work plans implementation of the infrastructure projects.
• Regular field visits to determine any deviation and challenges and suggest appropriate solutions in developing irrigation designs, plans and drawings.
• Assist the Senior International Irrigation Design Engineer in Preparation of technical specification for infrastructure projects.
• Assist GIS Specialist in hydrological data collection.
• Responsible for estimating the river and main canal flow rate as well as provide hydrological data based on hydrological boundaries.
• Assist the Senior International Irrigation Design Engineer in Preparation of all technical documentation for the tendering process.
• Identify training need and deliver capacity-building activities both for the program engineering team as well as for beneficiaries.
• Ensure full adherence to the AACS Consulting security plans and protocols conscientiously respecting the declared go and no-go zones.
• Assist the Senior international Irrigation Design Engineer on developing the site visit and quality check reports and contribute to overall program reporting to the donor and the government.
• Conduct survey, design, and feasibility studies of the selected irrigation schemes.
• Collect information about hydrology e.g. catchment characteristics, rainfall, stream/channel, design discharge, linear waterway, scour depth for all irrigation activities.
• Prepare detailed technical drawings good for irrigation construction, prepared as per national and international standards using AutoCAD (and other popular software), containing all details required for execution of the activities.
• Prepare Bill of Quantities (BoQs) for the designed activities.
• Have strong ability to write proposals for the designed irrigation activities.
• Investigate proposed locations of structures (flow control gates, turnout, flow measurement weirs, etc.) and prepare initial designs in coordination with the team.
• Assist national and international consultants as directed by the Project Team Leader.
• Other duties as assigned by the Project Team Leader.
• Master’s degree in Water Resources Engineering/Agricultural Engineering /Civil Engineering with focus on design and construction/rehabilitation of irrigation infrastructure (design of canal, water control gates, flow measurement structure, siphons, culverts, construction of flood control levees etc.).
• Be able to independently design , intakes, canals, water diversion dams, siphons, aqueducts, culverts, protection and retaining walls, etc.
• Be able to analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, or other topographical or geologic data.
• Computer simulation/use of computer models is required.
• Excellent AutoCAD, Eagle Point, Revit skills
• Must be efficient in the completion of the assigned tasks, and be able to deliver under pressure.
• Strong Pashto, Dari, and English language skills.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Interested candidates should send the following documents to below email address by October 18, 2018:
• A cover letter explaining how they are fit for the role
• An up to date curriculum vitae
• Please mention position title and vacancy number in the subject line, your application may not be considered.
• Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis as applications are received.
|More jobs in this category|
|Civil Engineering Drafter at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Structural Engineer at Balwan||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Hydrology/River Sediment Specialist at Ministery of Energy and Water||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Proposal Writer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Cost Estimation Engineer at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|HVAC Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at UNCDC||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|