Landscape Specialist(1028 Views)
About Assist Consultants Incorporated
ASSIST is an international construction and engineering company that provides solutions to the diverse challenges faced by the governmental as well as private agencies.
What We Do:
Providing services to a select range of clients, ASSIST remains responsive and flexible to short response demands in Afghanistan, the Middle East and on a vast and diverse continent like Africa.
Assist Consultants Incorporated (hereafter “Assist”) has provided quality services of design, engineering, and construction to its main client, the US Army Corps of Engineers, since 2008. Through a bright entrepreneurial investment at a time when vast efforts of construction and rehabilitation had commenced in Afghanistan by the US Forces, the owners established Assist in 2008 as a partnership proprietorship and a family business. The business thrived with its key values of integrity, diligence, key partnerships, and smart decisions of its entire team specially its executive team.
Landscape Specialistwill be the project’s lead person in the implementation of Central Utilities like Power House, Power Distribution, Sanitary Sewer collection and Distribution system along with buildings construction. The Safety Manager is primary responsible for effective implementation of Infrastructure and reconstruction project activities at the field level. Provides technical assistance as Safety Manager to Project manager and all Project team.
The SM compiles all the field level and monitoring information and assists the PM in periodical project report preparation.
|Date Posted:||27 Sep 2018||Reference:||ACI-LNS-06|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for performing semi skilled and unskilled manual work in the operation of the department; operate pick-ups, dump trucks, forklifts, sprayers, forestry equipment and a variety of other light and heavy equipment and vehicles; perform semiskilled work such as applying pesticides and fertilizer to the landscape, planting and caring for the campus landscape; perform unskilled manual work including the use of hand tools, mowers, snow-blowers, tillers, hand sprayers; provide supervision and training for part-time and seasonal employees and general support for other areas with Facilities Management.
• Coordinate and participate in the proper care of the landscape and grounds to include trimming, edging, weeding, pruning of trees and shrubs, application of herbicides, pesticides, and fungicides, and application of seeds, bulbs, plants, mulch and fertilizers as directed: operate weed eaters, power edger’s, power mowers, backpack sprayers, hoes, shovels, hand tools and related landscape equipment as required.
• Instruct and direct grounds crew in proper methods and techniques.
• Calculate proper amounts of herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers, and top soil for landscape applications; walk off areas, take measurements, compute percentages, and determine proper ratios, mixtures and quantities of materials required for landscape work.
• Attend herbicide, turf management, irrigation maintenance and/or pest control classes as directed to stay abreast and knowledgeable in landscape techniques. Lay out and construct special landscape projects from designs, blueprints and plans to include planters, planting beds and landscape timbers;
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Master Degree is required.
1- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively work with a diverse clientele in situations requiring tact and patience. The ability to communicate and work productively.
2- Mental ability to handle pressures related to the simultaneous management of multiple tasks.
3- Physical ability to occasionally lift/push/pull/transport materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
High School, Engineering
Interested Afghan nationals should email their CV to ACI Human Resources Department by email.
You can find the email in Submission e-mail field.
Subject line must be: (Landscape Specialist, Vacancy ACI-LNS-06) and All Certifications will be need and must be attached in Email to HR Department or your application may not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Construction Lab Engineer at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|