Project Manager(1473 Views)
About Assist Consultants Incorporated
ASSIST is an international construction and engineering company that provides solutions to the diverse challenges faced by the governmental as well as private agencies.
What We Do:
Providing services to a select range of clients, ASSIST remains responsive and flexible to short response demands in Afghanistan, the Middle East and on a vast and diverse continent like Africa.
Assist Consultants Incorporated (hereafter “Assist”) has provided quality services of design, engineering, and construction to its main client, the US Army Corps of Engineers, since 2008. Through a bright entrepreneurial investment at a time when vast efforts of construction and rehabilitation had commenced in Afghanistan by the US Forces, the owners established Assist in 2008 as a partnership proprietorship and a family business. The business thrived with its key values of integrity, diligence, key partnerships, and smart decisions of its entire team specially its executive team.
Project Manager will be the project’s lead person in the implementation of Central Utilities like Power House, Power Distribution, Sanitary Sewer collection and Distribution system along with buildings construction. The Safety Manager is primary responsible for effective implementation of Infrastructure and reconstruction project activities at the field level. Provides technical assistance as Safety Manager to Project manager and all Project team.
The SM compiles all the field level and monitoring information and assists the PM in periodical project report preparation.
|Date Posted:||27 Sep 2018||Reference:||ACI-PM-01|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||15 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Planning and Defining Scope
• Activity Planning and Sequencing
• Resource Planning
• Developing Schedules
• Time Estimating
• Cost Estimating
• Developing a Budget
• Creating Charts and Schedules
• Risk Analysis
• Managing Risks and Issues
• Monitoring and Reporting Progress
• Team Leadership
• Strategic Influencing
• Business Partnering
• Working with Vendors
• Scalability, Interoperability and Portability Analysis
• Controlling Quality
• Benefits Realization
• agreeing project objectives
• representing the client's or organization’s interests
• providing advice on the management of projects
• organizing the various professional people working on a project
• carrying out risk assessment
• making sure that all the aims of the project are met
• making sure the quality standards are met
• using IT systems to keep track of people and progress
• recruiting specialists and sub-contractors
• monitoring sub-contractors to ensure guidelines are maintained
• Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Identify resources and assign responsibilities.
• Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
• Competent in require project methodology.
• Ensures project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
• Works closely with relevant stake holders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the project(s).
• Works with developers and designers to define and document questions, liaise with business via email, IM or phone to get new requirements and explain feasibility.
• Submits project status reports to stakeholders; reviews bugs; plans software releases; anticipates and reacts to change.
• Master Degree in construction management is required.
• Knowledge of USACE, AFCEE, USAID, UNOPS, IRD and LBG projects is desirable.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Working experience with International Organizations and/or NGO. Experience in dealing with USAID,UNOPS,USACE, AFCEE as well as other international donors is preferred
• Must be flexible and willing to work long hours in order to meet the deadline
• Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and implement the field works.
• The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure
• Willing to spend long hours in the field.
• Ability to work harmoniously within a multicultural team
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, multi-task with attention to detail
• Time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork and in a cross-cultural environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Reliable, Honest, Transparent; Commitment for hard work & exceptional work ethics
• Attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• strong interpersonal skills to motivate and lead your project team
• Good communication and negotiation skills to manage expectations
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• excellent organization skills to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines
• having ability to update Accident Prevention Plan
• At least 5 years’ experience of working as project manager at USACE projects
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Engineering
Interested Afghan nationals should email their CV to ACI Human Resources Department by email.
You can find the email in Submission e-mail field.
Subject line must be: (Project Manager, Vacancy ACI-PM-01) and All Certifications will be need and must be attached in Email to HR Department or your application may not be considered
|More jobs in this category|
|Construction Lab Engineer at GEO-CHEM Middle East - Afghanistan||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|