Quality Control Engineer(675 Views)
About Assist Consultants Incorporated
ASSIST is an international construction and engineering company that provides solutions to the diverse challenges faced by the governmental as well as private agencies.
What We Do:
Providing services to a select range of clients, ASSIST remains responsive and flexible to short response demands in Afghanistan, the Middle East and on a vast and diverse continent like Africa.
Assist Consultants Incorporated (hereafter “Assist”) has provided quality services of design, engineering, and construction to its main client, the US Army Corps of Engineers, since 2008. Through a bright entrepreneurial investment at a time when vast efforts of construction and rehabilitation had commenced in Afghanistan by the US Forces, the owners established Assist in 2008 as a partnership proprietorship and a family business. The business thrived with its key values of integrity, diligence, key partnerships, and smart decisions of its entire team specially its executive team.
Quality Control Engineer will be the project’s lead person in the implementation of Central Utilities like Power House, Power Distribution, Sanitary Sewer collection and Distribution system along with buildings construction. The Safety Manager is primary responsible for effective implementation of Infrastructure and reconstruction project activities at the field level. Provides technical assistance as Safety Manager to Project manager and all Project team.
The SM compiles all the field level and monitoring information and assists the PM in periodical project report preparation.
|Date Posted:||27 Sep 2018||Reference:||ACI-QCE-13|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Report to the project coordinator and the higher management of the company
• Implementation of the quality control plan
• The administration of the quality control plan
• To review the specification and recommend any changes there
• To review procurement documents to ensure they comply with the contract and specification requirements
• To review design and as built drawing and ensure the latest updated design documents.
• specifying quality requirements of raw materials with suppliers
• investigating and setting standards for quality and health and safety
• working with operating staff to establish procedures, standards, systems and procedures
• devising and establishing a company's quality procedures, standards and specifications
• Using relevant quality tools and making sure managers and other staff understand how to improve the project quality.
• Inspect review and train subcontractor with methods and procedures of work to ensure their understanding and compliance with the contract and specification
• Bachelor Degree in construction is required.
• Knowledge of USACE, AFCEE, USAID, UNOPS, IRD and LBG projects is desirable.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Working experience with International Organizations and/or NGO. Experience in dealing with USAID,UNOPS,USACE, AFCEE as well as other international donors is preferred
• Must be flexible and willing to work long hours in order to meet the deadline
• Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and implement the field works.
• The ability to use your initiative and make decisions under pressure
• Willing to spend long hours in the field.
• Ability to work harmoniously within a multicultural team
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, multi-task with attention to detail
• Time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork and in a cross-cultural environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Reliable, Honest, Transparent; Commitment for hard work & exceptional work ethics
• Attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• strong interpersonal skills to motivate and lead your project team
• Good communication and negotiation skills to manage expectations
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• excellent organization skills to plan the use of people and resources to meet deadlines
• having ability to update Accident Prevention Plan
• At least 3-5 years’ experience of working as Quality control officer/manager at USACE projects
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
nterested Afghan nationals should email their CV to ACI Human Resources Department by email.
You can find the email in Submission e-mail field.
Subject line must be: (Quality control Engineer Vacancy ACI-QCE-13) and All Certifications will be need and must be attached in Email to HR Department or your application may not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Quality Control Manager at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Project Manager at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Telecommunication Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Structure Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Surveyor at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Mechanical Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Electrical Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Safety Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Quantity Surveyor at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|QA/QC Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|QA Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Landscape Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Architectural Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|