Safety Engineer(551 Views)
About Assist Consultants Incorporated
ASSIST is an international construction and engineering company that provides solutions to the diverse challenges faced by the governmental as well as private agencies.
What We Do:
Providing services to a select range of clients, ASSIST remains responsive and flexible to short response
demands in Afghanistan, the Middle East and on a vast and diverse continent like Africa.
Assist Consultants Incorporated (hereafter “Assist”) has provided quality services of design, engineering, and construction to its main client, the US Army Corps of Engineers, since 2008. Through a bright entrepreneurial investment at a time when vast efforts of construction and rehabilitation had commenced in Afghanistan by the US Forces, the owners established Assist in 2008 as a partnership proprietorship and a family business. The business thrived with its key values of integrity, diligence, key partnerships, and smart decisions of its entire team specially its executive team.
Safety Manager (SM) will be the project’s lead person in the implementation of Central Utilities like Power House, Power Distribution, Sanitary Sewer collection and Distribution system along with buildings construction. The Safety Manager is primary responsible for effective implementation of Infrastructure and reconstruction project activities at the field level. Provides technical assistance as Safety Manager to Project manager and all Project team.
The SM compiles all the field level and monitoring information and assists the PM in periodical project report preparation. The SM directly reports to Project Manager.
|Date Posted:||27 Sep 2018||Reference:||ACI-SSHM-11|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Principal duties include.
• Working as Safety Manager for Power Transmission line projects
• Working as Safety Manager for USACE Project. Implementing the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) roles and regulation
• Preparing technical assistant in safety division
• Preparing Safety trainings for field staff
• Preparing Safety Plan
• Making First Aid Stations
• Providing First Trainings to all staff
• Reporting any problems immediately to the Project Manager
• Keep Project Manager informed of the progress/shortcomings in implementation of project activities and corresponding work-plan.
• Develop the Safety plan of Utilities Project
• Preparing a technical safety guide and tables
• Conduct daily site visits to the project site to monitor the construction works.
• Prepare all project reports accurately and submit them to the Project Manager on a timely manner.
• Perform any other job related tasks assigned time to time by the ACI Project Manager and top Management.
• Master Degree in construction is required.
• Having Certificate of Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) is a must At least 3 years of experience in construction activities.
• Knowledge of USACE, AFCEE,USAID,UNOPS,IRD and LBG projects is desirable.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programs.
• Working experience with International Organizations and/or NGO. Experience in dealing with USAID,UNOPS,USACE, AFCEE as well as other international donors is preferred
• Must be flexible and willing to work long hours in order to meet the deadline
• Knowledge and ability to interpret engineering drawings and implement the field works.
• Good moral character and integrity.
• Willing to spend long hours in the field.
• Ability to work harmoniously within a multicultural team
• Strong organizational skills, ability to work independently, multi-task with attention to detail
• Time management and prioritization skills
• Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork and in a cross-cultural environment
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
• Reliable, Honest, Transparent; Commitment for hard work & exceptional work ethics
• Attention to detail
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Tactful and diplomatic
• Stress Tolerance
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Ability to think critically
• having ability to update Accident Prevention Plan
• Knowing of providing AHAs for each Definable Feature of Works
• at least 10 years’ experience of working as safety officer/manager at USACE projects
• must have 30hrs OSHA certificate
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Engineering
Interested Afghan nationals should email their CV to ACI Human Resources Department by email.
You can find the email in Submission e-mail field.
Subject line must be: (Safety Engineer, Vacancy ACI-SSHM-11) and All Certifications will be need and must be attached in Email to HR Department or your application may not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Quality Control Manager at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Project Manager at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Telecommunication Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Structure Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Surveyor at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Mechanical Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Electrical Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Quantity Surveyor at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|QA/QC Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|QA Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Landscape Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Architectural Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|