Senior Electrical Engineer(528 Views)
About Assist Consultants Incorporated
ASSIST is an international construction and engineering company that provides solutions to the diverse challenges faced by the governmental as well as private agencies.
What We Do:
Providing services to a select range of clients, ASSIST remains responsive and flexible to short response demands in Afghanistan, the Middle East and on a vast and diverse continent like Africa.
Assist Consultants Incorporated (hereafter “Assist”) has provided quality services of design, engineering, and construction to its main client, the US Army Corps of Engineers, since 2008. Through a bright entrepreneurial investment at a time when vast efforts of construction and rehabilitation had commenced in Afghanistan by the US Forces, the owners established Assist in 2008 as a partnership proprietorship and a family business. The business thrived with its key values of integrity, diligence, key partnerships, and smart decisions of its entire team specially its executive team.
Senior Electrical Engineer will be the project’s lead person in the implementation of Central Utilities like Power House, Power Distribution, Sanitary Sewer collection and Distribution system along with buildings construction. The Safety Manager is primary responsible for effective implementation of Infrastructure and reconstruction project activities at the field level. Provides technical assistance as Safety Manager to Project manager and all Project team.
The SM compiles all the field level and monitoring information and assists the PM in periodical project report preparation.
|Date Posted:||27 Sep 2018||Reference:||ACI-SEE-04|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Preparation of superior quality electrical construction documents including drawings, specifications, and reports for buildings in retail, restaurant, office, multifamily residential, and institutional market sectors
• Design power, lighting, fire alarm, and telecommunications plans including all associated circuitry, details, one line diagrams, and specifications
• Perform photometric calculations, load calculations, fault current, and any other calculations required to support electrical design
• Review electrical documents for areas of conflict with all building systems
• Close coordination with the client and the entire design team, including owners, architects, contractors, members of other disciplines, and internal support staff to ensure the design is consistent with the client’s vision, to ensure a fully coordinated interdisciplinary design, and to ensure the design schedule is maintained
• Work closely with equipment vendors and manufacturers’ representatives for selection and specification of appropriate equipment
• Play an active role in project meetings with clients and colleagues
• Provide mentoring and guidance for colleagues
• To notify the Department Director of upcoming projects.
• To market and promote services offered by Fundy Engineering in the field of Electrical Engineering.
• To attain copies of “Request for Proposals” and prepare documentation and Fee Estimates for these proposal call-ups.
• To establish the needs of the client and to coordinate with other disciplines and office personnel to ensure that these requirements are met.
• To assist and mentor support staff in the fundamentals of Electrical design, calculations and preparation of construction documentation
• To provide technical assistance and respond to contractor’s inquiries that relate to construction projects.
• To prepare technical reports, construction cost estimates and cost analysis.
• To coordinate and schedule / plan the projects with support staff to ensure timely completion.
• To respect company values and policies.
• Prepare material cost and timing estimates, reports, and design specifications for electrical building systems and equipment.
• Inspect the installation, modification, testing, and operation of electrical equipment
• Prepare contract documents and evaluate tenders for construction or maintenance.
• Supervise technicians, technologists, programmers, analysts, and other engineers.
• Design of lighting, power, data, communication, security, and fire alarm systems
Master Degree in electrical is required..
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Capable of designing and troubleshooting digital electronics and communication electronics down to the chip level.
• Capable of designing and troubleshooting analog electronics for line voltage power supply circuits (linear and switching), low voltage power supply circuits, low voltage analog electronics for data acquisition and sensor instrumentation, and embedded communications circuitry.
• Logical approach to performing competitive product assessments.
• Providing mentorship to junior staff.
• Familiar with SMT and Thru Hole electronics manufacturing
• Familiar with PCs, Microsoft Office, etc.
• Familiar with Oscilloscopes, DVM Meters, Function Generators, etc.
• Handy with a soldering iron in addition to other hand and small power tools necessary for designing, prototyping and testing electronic products
• Familiar with schematic capture design packages and simulation tools
• Familiar with developing product that communicates over RS232/485 and/or Ethernet networks.
• Familiar with PCB layout design. Ideal to have had previous experience designing PC Boards while guiding other resources in this person’s current role to accomplish the task.
• Experience with agency testing such as UL, CSA, ETL, FCC, CE, etc
• Familiar with simulators, emulators, programmers, and other software design tools
• Familiar with assembly and/or C programming for Microchip or Freescale-based microprocessors.
• Familiarity with Orcad Schematic Capture and PCB design tools. Familiarity with AutoCad a plus
• Familiar with wireless RF communications design employing WIFI, BlueTooth, EnOcean, Zwave, ZigBee or 6LowPAN.
• Experience with building management/home automation control systems including communications via RS232, RS485, Ethernet, LonWorks, Bacnet, wireless, etc which control or even integrate HVAC, lighting, security and other aspects of the building environment.
• Experience with motor control electronics.
• Ability to supervise technician resources
• Experience in developing apps for use with Android and/or iOS platforms
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Engineering
Interested Afghan nationals should email their CV to ACI Human Resources Department by email.
You can find the email in Submission e-mail field.
Subject line must be: (Senior Electrical Engineer, Vacancy ACI-SEE-04) and All Certifications will be need and must be attached in Email to HR Department or your application may not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Quality Control Manager at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Project Manager at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Telecommunication Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Structure Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Surveyor at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Mechanical Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Safety Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Quantity Surveyor at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|QA/QC Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|QA Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Landscape Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Architectural Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|