Senior Mechanical Engineer(1087 Views)
About Assist Consultants Incorporated
ASSIST is an international construction and engineering company that provides solutions to the diverse challenges faced by the governmental as well as private agencies.
What We Do:
Providing services to a select range of clients, ASSIST remains responsive and flexible to short response demands in Afghanistan, the Middle East and on a vast and diverse continent like Africa.
Assist Consultants Incorporated (hereafter “Assist”) has provided quality services of design, engineering, and construction to its main client, the US Army Corps of Engineers, since 2008. Through a bright entrepreneurial investment at a time when vast efforts of construction and rehabilitation had commenced in Afghanistan by the US Forces, the owners established Assist in 2008 as a partnership proprietorship and a family business. The business thrived with its key values of integrity, diligence, key partnerships, and smart decisions of its entire team specially its executive team.
Senior Mechanical Engineer will be the project’s lead person in the implementation of Central Utilities like Power House, Power Distribution, Sanitary Sewer collection and Distribution system along with buildings construction. The Safety Manager is primary responsible for effective implementation of Infrastructure and reconstruction project activities at the field level. Provides technical assistance as Safety Manager to Project manager and all Project team.
The SM compiles all the field level and monitoring information and assists the PM in periodical project report preparation.
|Date Posted:||27 Sep 2018||Reference:||ACI-SME-05|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Curate, prototype, and coordinate the commercialization of new solar PV racking system solutions with an emphasis on tracker systems
• Create engineering drawings and specifications for new components, products and mechanical designs working with internal and external customers through the development and approval process
• Optimize the technical and/or mechanical performance of all new and existing solar PV tracking solutions
• Guide drafters, review and approve design drawings created by members of the Engineering and Drafting departments as well as by third parties
• Coordinate with and consult with other team members to design or detail components
• Ensure optimal applications of technology and engineering resources to meet product and customer requirements • Ensure projects are completed in a timely manner and according to the provided schedule;
• Work directly with Operations, Marketing, Purchasing, Production, Sales, executive management, and others to develop winning solutions
• Investigate and procure all data required to develop a design; Troubleshoot failures and issues on all projects and support reporting requirements of the Senior VP of Engineering and Chief Operations Officer; Develop practical solutions for project failures and issues
• Interact with external consulting engineers and customers
• Work proactively to promote teamwork at all levels of the company
• Make recommendations for manpower needs and be actively involved in the recruiting and selection process
• Supervising and leading coordination meetings, delegating workload, and supervising staff members as they perform their tasks
• Participating in budgeting, scheduling, and staff management
• Monitoring all correspondence between staff, clients, contractors, owners, etc.
• Partnering with senior leadership in the preparation of proposals, scope of work documents, business development and project pursuits
• Managing construction administrative duties such as field reports, responses to RFIs, processing bulletins and addenda, etc.
• Directing CFD modeling efforts and reviewing results
• Performing staff resource management and review, as needed
• Mentoring junior level employees and helping them develop in their professional careers
• Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering is required.
Solid understanding of Microsoft Office, CAD software (AutoCad and SolidWorks 3D);
• Experience with electro-pneumatic systems and with automation;
• Basic knowledge of electrical systems;
• Railway or heavy transportation equipment experience. Broad exposure to compressed air systems and pneumatic and hydraulic equipment (an asset);
• Knowledge of railway vehicle dynamics, and instrumentation and testing. Knowledge of casting methods (an asset);
• Knowledge of hydraulic, pneumatic and hydrostatic systems. Knowledge of welding, metallurgy, and stress and failure analysis. Knowledge of NDT techniques (an asset); and
• Knowledge of root cause analysis techniques (an asset).
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Engineering
Interested Afghan nationals should email their CV to ACI Human Resources Department by email.
You can find the email in Submission e-mail field.
Subject line must be: (Senior Mechanical Engineer, Vacancy ACI-ME-05) and All Certifications will be need and must be attached in Email to HR Department or your application may not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Machinery Controller at Aziz Group||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Scheduler and Planning Engineer at SWC Construction||Kabul||30 Mar 2019|
|آمریت پایه سازی - پلخمری at DABS||Baghlan||20 Feb 2019|
|آشپز at Kabul World Wide Road and Construction Company||Kabul||01 Mar 2019|