Structure Specialist(1254 Views)
About Assist Consultants Incorporated
ASSIST is an international construction and engineering company that provides solutions to the diverse challenges faced by the governmental as well as private agencies.
What We Do:
Providing services to a select range of clients, ASSIST remains responsive and flexible to short response demands in Afghanistan, the Middle East and on a vast and diverse continent like Africa.
Assist Consultants Incorporated (hereafter “Assist”) has provided quality services of design, engineering, and construction to its main client, the US Army Corps of Engineers, since 2008. Through a bright entrepreneurial investment at a time when vast efforts of construction and rehabilitation had commenced in Afghanistan by the US Forces, the owners established Assist in 2008 as a partnership proprietorship and a family business. The business thrived with its key values of integrity, diligence, key partnerships, and smart decisions of its entire team specially its executive team.
Structure Specialist will be the project’s lead person in the implementation of Central Utilities like Power House, Power Distribution, Sanitary Sewer collection and Distribution system along with buildings construction. The Safety Manager is primary responsible for effective implementation of Infrastructure and reconstruction project activities at the field level. Provides technical assistance as Safety Manager to Project manager and all Project team.
The SM compiles all the field level and monitoring information and assists the PM in periodical project report preparation.
|Date Posted:||27 Sep 2018||Reference:||ACI-SP-03|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
Assessing the immediate structural condition of the affected area of task force operations, which includes
Identifying structure types and specific damage and structural hazards.
•Recommending the appropriate type and amount of structural hazard mitigation in order to minimize risks on
Site to task force personnel.
•Adhering to all safety procedures.
•Cooperating with and assisting other search and rescue resources.
•Accountability, maintenance, and minor repairs for all issued equipment.
•Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned during a mission.
•Monitoring assigned structure for condition changes while rescue and recovery operations are proceeding.
•Assuming an active role in implementing approved structural hazard mitigation as a designer, inspector, and
Possibly a supervisor.
•Coordinating and communicating the structural related hazard mitigation with IST Structural Unit Leader.
• preparing reports, designs and drawings
• making calculations about loads and stresses
• selecting appropriate construction materials
• providing technical advice
• obtaining planning and/or building regulations approval
• liaising with relevant professional staff such as architects
• monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
• administering contracts
• managing projects
• inspecting properties to check conditions/foundations
• Master Degree in structural engineer is required.
1. Successful completion of Rescue Systems 1
2. Comprehensive knowledge of building materials, to include:
•Knowledge of the design and construction techniques for wood, masonry, concrete, and steel.
•Knowledge of the design and construction techniques utilizing architectural materials such as
unreinforced masonry and concrete.
3. Knowledge of the behavior of structures under adverse loading conditions.
4. Ability to identify features that allow for the determination of the condition of structures subjected to adverse
•Earthquakes - ability to evaluate the remaining lateral force system capacity in the event of aftershocks.
•Hurricanes and tornadoes - ability to evaluate the lateral force system and areas of local stress.
•Flood or dam collapse.
•Fire or explosion.
•Landslide or avalanche.
5. Knowledge of the appropriate types of structural hazard reduction methods for various types of collapsed
•Shoring and bracing and availability of appropriate materials.
•Removal of collapsed structural components and hazards, or debris removal.
•Methods for creating safe havens.
•Identification of unsafe areas that must be restricted.
6. Knowledge of victim access methods, including:
•How and where to penetrate various building types to minimize risks.
•Effects of lifting large structural components and the ability to calculate weights for rigging and lifting
•Knowledge of safe rescue practices and procedures.
7. Must have completed the FEMA Structural Specialist Course.
1. Currently licensed as a structural engineer or equivalent as sanctioned by the FEMA US&R Advisory
2. A minimum of five years experience in structure design and analysis to include evaluation of existing
structures, field investigation or construction observation experience.
3. Ability to identify vertical load and lateral force resisting framing systems and be able to identify the critical
elements within those systems.
4. Ability to identify failure indications of building materials, including:
•Knowledge of how basic building materials and framing systems perform.
•Knowledge of how building materials typically fail under various loading conditions.
•Knowledge of typical falling and collapse hazards from previous failures.
5. Ability to identify building features that could provide entry or access to victims such as ducts, shafts,
6. Able to recommend practical solutions for US&R operations in compromised structures.
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Engineering
Interested Afghan nationals should email their CV to ACI Human Resources Department by email.
You can find the email in Submission e-mail field.
Subject line must be: (Structure Specialist, Vacancy ACI-SS-03) and All Certifications will be need and must be attached in Email to HR Department or your application may not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Scheduler and Planning Engineer at SWC Construction||Kabul||30 Mar 2019|
|آمریت پایه سازی - پلخمری at DABS||Baghlan||20 Feb 2019|
|انجنیر تعمیرات - کابل برش.. at DABS||Kabul||18 Feb 2019|
|آشپز at Kabul World Wide Road and Construction Company||Kabul||01 Mar 2019|
|Project Manager at DABS||Kabul||17 Feb 2019|