Telecommunication Specialist(609 Views)
About Assist Consultants Incorporated
ASSIST is an international construction and engineering company that provides solutions to the diverse challenges faced by the governmental as well as private agencies.
What We Do:
Providing services to a select range of clients, ASSIST remains responsive and flexible to short response demands in Afghanistan, the Middle East and on a vast and diverse continent like Africa.
Assist Consultants Incorporated (hereafter “Assist”) has provided quality services of design, engineering, and construction to its main client, the US Army Corps of Engineers, since 2008. Through a bright entrepreneurial investment at a time when vast efforts of construction and rehabilitation had commenced in Afghanistan by the US Forces, the owners established Assist in 2008 as a partnership proprietorship and a family business. The business thrived with its key values of integrity, diligence, key partnerships, and smart decisions of its entire team specially its executive team.
Telecommunication Specialist will be the project’s lead person in the implementation of Central Utilities like Power House, Power Distribution, Sanitary Sewer collection and Distribution system along with buildings construction. The Safety Manager is primary responsible for effective implementation of Infrastructure and reconstruction project activities at the field level. Provides technical assistance as Safety Manager to Project manager and all Project team.
The SM compiles all the field level and monitoring information and assists the PM in periodical project report preparation.
|Date Posted:||27 Sep 2018||Reference:||ACI-TS-07|
|Closing Date:||30 Nov 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Male|
|Functional Area:||Construction||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Short Term||Years of Experience:||10 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||1 Year|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Plans network installations by studying technical specifications; preparing an installation schematic.
• Manage, supervise and provide technical advice on telecommunications systems
• Receive feedback, identify users’ needs and requirements and mobilize existing technology to meet their criteria
• Document plans, requests, activities and specifications and report on them
• Program features, design networks and systems and allocate resources as necessary
• Monitor and test systems and peripheral equipment and troubleshoot problems
• Evaluate systems performance level and improve capabilities as needed
• Oversee and coordinate telecommunications activities
• Purchase electronic equipment and prepare budgetary justifications
• Cooperate with management to develop staff and improve their skills
• • Follow industry’s standards and best practices
• Establishes voice and data networks by programming features; establishing interfaces and integrations; following industry standards; activating remote access tools.
• Verifies service by testing and re-programming circuits, equipment, and alarms; identifying and correcting problems; conferring with engineers.
• Documents network by recording configuration diagrams and programming.
• Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages; testing network back-up procedures; updating documentation.
• Maintains customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns; answering questions.
• Maintains safe work environment by following standards and policies.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Master Degree in Telecommunications or relevant field is required.
• Telecommunications Knowledge, Telecommunications Technologies, Technical Understanding, Technical Zeal, Technical Documentation, Attention to Detail, Independence, Functional and Technical Skills, Dealing with Complexity, Decision Making, Operating Systems
• Proven work experience as a telecommunications specialist
• Familiarity with MS Office and databases
• Hands on experience with all telecommunications systems including peripheral equipment (e.g. Computer networks, optical fiber, on site controllers, data modems, terminals, etc.)
• Adequate interpersonal and organizational skills
• Team player with customer service orientation
Afghanistan - Kabul: PROVINCIAL CENTER (KABUL)
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Engineering
Interested Afghan nationals should email their CV to ACI Human Resources Department by email.
You can find the email in Submission e-mail field.
Subject line must be: (Telecommunication Specialist, Vacancy ACI-TS-07) and All Certifications will be need and must be attached in Email to HR Department or your application may not be considered.
|More jobs in this category|
|Quality Control Manager at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Project Manager at TATEKAN||Kabul||30 Oct 2018|
|Structure Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Surveyor at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Mechanical Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Senior Electrical Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Safety Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Quantity Surveyor at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Quality Control Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|QA/QC Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|QA Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Project Manager at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Landscape Specialist at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|
|Architectural Engineer at Assist Consultants Incorporated||Kabul||30 Nov 2018|