Communication & Media Officer(944 Views)
About Afghanistan Chamber of Industries and Mines
Afghanistan Chamber of Industries and Mines (ACIM) is formed recently by Afghan president to facilitate better services for two majors sectors Industries and Mines to develop and strengthen national products and export. ACIM is working to develop competitive industrial and mining services for national production away from monopolistic activities that lead the country towards progress and development. ACIM is supporting the members to promote their productive capacity and coordinate their activities with government agencies and donors. ACIM is supporting industries and mining sector against problems and challenges, to enable them providing quality services for citizen. ACIM is committed to increase domestic products and Afghanistan export according to the accepted standards of the world and hope every Afghan has access to the quality local products.
|Date Posted:||30 Sep 2018||Reference:||ACIM/CU-01-17|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Communication||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To manage overall Communication activities of ACIM
• To help 4 regional and provincial offices of ACIM for all communication issues.
• To manage external communications with media, government department, International Organization, industries and mining companies and unions;
• To manage internal communications with all regional and provincial industrial parks and mining unions and companies;
• To designing short and long term communications plans for ACIM;
• To answer complains of ACIM regional offices, industries and mining companies;
• To answer queries of various National and International organization about industries and mining sectors;
• To answer queries of government departments, partners and stakeholders;
• To prepare weekly updates, monthly, quarterly and annual reports on ACIM activities, developments and problems;
• To prepare all required information data, reports, photos, adios and videos of ACIM for uploading in publishing in ACIM website and publications;
• Technical supervision of reports, translations, audios, visual materials for multimedia website and publications;
• To update all databases and contact lists of partners, donors, unions, government departments;
• Liaison, to represent ACIM in meetings, discussions with government, partners, and other stakeholders;
• Ongoing monitor of major Afghan media outlets and organization for important issues related to ACIM;
• Writing media alerts, press releases and news related to the ACIM activities, issues, problems, major developments and achievements;
• Translation of all press release and briefings information in three languages English, Pashto, Dari.
• Preparing drafts of MoU’s and short concept notes for ACIM joint programs with donors partners and major stakeholders;
• All other tasks assigned by CEO of ACIM.
• Demonstrate experience producing written products such as articles, reports, fact sheets, databases, success stories, media contents and press release;
• Must have the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, stressful, environment.
• 5+ years of significant professional experience in the Afghan media/NGO’s/ private sector;
• Demonstrated Communication and interpersonal skills;
• Experience in report writing for private sector activities;
• Excellent English language skills both written and oral;
• Excellent Pashto and Dari languages skills both written and oral;
• experience in producing fluent and accurate text in Dari, Pashto and English;
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and typing skills;
• Demonstrated writing and translating skills;
• Willingness and ability to work in a team collaboratively;
• Teamwork: Proven leading and interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic and multi-agency environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
• Ability to handle effectively multiple tasks without compromising the quality, team spirit and constructive working relationships with all colleagues.
• Ability to actively seek and improve services, offer new and different options/initiatives to solve problems/meet client needs, promote and persuade others to consider new ideas.
• Time flexibility, ACIM communication may require to work over time or weekends due to needs of the senior leadership;
Candidates should have at least a Bachelor Degree in communication/social science from a recognized university.
Preference will be given to an applicant with a formal degree in communication with excellent English skills and professional communication experience;
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Interested Afghan candidate must send their application and CV’s to the following email ID:
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
|More jobs in this category|
|National Communication & Knowledge Management.. at Food and Agriculture O..||Herat||28 Feb 2019|