Senior Business Development Advisor(356 Views)
About Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
The Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO) is a social marketing and behavioral change communication organization established in August 2008. ASMO as a free-standing, not-for-profit Afghan organization aims to create positive health outcomes by giving Afghan households the information they need to make informed and healthy choices and expanding access to high quality health products through commercial markets.
Vision: ASMO’s vision is to serve as a “partner for a better life” in Afghanistan where families (especially women and children) and communities are empowered to protect and improve their health and social well-being; where markets for health products are vibrant and expanding; and where consumer awareness of healthy choices, access to affordable health products and social services steadily improves and is increasingly sustainable.
Mission: ASMO strives to design and implement effective and integrated health and social issue marketing interventions intended to improve the overall well-being of the country's population, especially women and children, while stimulating and increasing private commercial sector participation.
ASMO is partner with Abt Associate Inc under SHOPS Plus project (The Sustaining Health Outcomes through the Private Sector Plus. Both projects are USAID funded program.
The Senior Business Development Advisor develops business development strategy/action plan in line with ASMO Strategic Plan 2019 – 2023 and ensures its sound implementation. S/he will work closely with the Executive Director, Director of Operations and Social Marketing Manager to provide leadership to business development initiatives in order to expand ASMO business, cultivate sound relationship with donors, UN agencies, line ministries and private investors/corporate companies in order to expand and diversify ASMO source of funding.
|Date Posted:||01 Oct 2018||Reference:||ASMO-002-2018|
|Closing Date:||21 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Adviser||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Program Strategy and Implementation :
• Manages and oversees program strategy development and implementation for major program areas – Business Development (BD) and Public Relation (PR) in coordination with the management team.
• Provides longer term business development focus to expand areas of business and diversify source of funding in order to increase income and ensure future growth of the organization.
2. Business Development:
• In consultation with the Executive Director, drafts business development strategy and prepares the annual Business Development plan.
• Develops a donor mapping document and regularly update it.
• Develops new business relationships with donors to attract more businesses for ASMO.
• Searches new local and international opportunities and projects by analyzing business needs.
• Develops proposals in coordination with the management team.
3. Public Relations:
• Contributes in the development of corporate communication strategy for ASMO and ensure its implementation.
• Presents ASMO to potential clients/donors through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
• Provides constructive input in the development of capability statement, brochure, briefers, posters and organizational profile.
• Represents ASMO at external events, including workshops, conferences, and meetings to promote and advance the organization’s work.
• Interfaces with, and cultivates relations with government agencies, international and local partners.
• Adheres to all ASMO administrative and operations policies and procedures.
• Assumes other duties, as directed by Executive Director
• Professional skills in business development including but not limited to business/strategic planning, and donor relations, quality proposal writing and productive networking
• Ability to search, identify, and analyze national and international business opportunities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, Dari and Pashto
• Strong report writing abilities
• Computer skills MS Office packages and internet particularly searching engines/websites for business opportunities
• Team work ability and good interpersonal skills
• Stakeholder management skills
• Proven ability to negotiate
• Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
• Having a Master Degree in business, economics, development studies or related field from a recognized university
• At least 5 years of work experience in senior business development and marketing positions
• A track record of generating new business worth of around half million USD per annum
• Work experience with donor agencies, national and international NGOs in relevant capacities
• Evidences of successful program management, proposal writing and winning the projects in the past
• Experience of working with other USAID projects is preferable
• Experience of working in the health and development sector is a plus
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Masters Degree, Business Administration
Interested Afghans with the required qualification and experience should send their applications along with cover letter to the email address provided below or to HR Department of ASMO at the following address:
Afghan Social Marketing Organization (ASMO)
Qala-E Fathullah, Street One, Lane 1 on the right, House# 101 (Close to Minister of Interior’s home), Contact No. 020 221 4190
Applications without specific vacancy number and exact duty station i.e (Application for the position of (Senior Business Development Advisor-Kabul) and after the closing date, would not be considered. Only short-listed candidates whose applications meet the above criteria will be contacted for the interview. Afghan Social Marketing believes on equal employment opportunities.
‘’Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply’’
|More jobs in this category|
|Police Reform and Capacity Building Advis.. at MOIA||Kabul||24 Sep 2019|