Legal Analyst(1177 Views)
The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) is an inter-governmental development organization with headquarters in Rome and program offices in Kabul and several other provinces in Afghanistan. IDLO fulfils its mandate by providing training, technical assistance, research, and publication to governments, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), local communities, and professional associations in developing countries, countries in economic transition, and countries emerging from armed conflict. The International Development Law Organization (IDLO) enables governments and empowers people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development and economic opportunity. We contribute to creating stable and inclusive societies where every person can live free from fear and want, in dignity and under the rule of law. IDLO began working in Afghanistan in 2001 and has become a leading partner of Afghan government, donor countries and international agencies to achieve the common goal of strengthening the rule of law. Afghanistan has been an IDLO Member Country since 2012.
Reporting to the Legal Aid Component Lead and in collaboration with the Legal Specialist, the Legal Analyst will provide coaching to staff of ALAAN member organizations, with particular emphasis on the lawyers of the MOJ LAD, with the aim to improve their capacity to deliver the highest quality legal aid services across all provinces where the MOJ LAD has fully staffed offices, The Legal Analyst ensures that IDLO’s gender justice work fits within Afghanistan’s legal and social environment. The key results have an impact on the overall performance of the Country Office and success in implementation of the program and related training and legal strategies.
|Date Posted:||02 Oct 2018||Reference:||IDLO/SAJA/21/2018|
|Closing Date:||15 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Legal||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Legal training facilitation and mentoring;
• Facilitate skills training on assessed needs of relevant staff at partner justice institutions, in collaboration with the Legal Specialist;
• Engage with and support partner justice institutions, including ALAAN members and the MOJ LAD, in the execution of strategies related to improving the quality of legal aid services in line with their vision, training goals, agreed targets, program workplans and strategies;
• Support and participate in consultations, meetings, working groups and committees on capacity development and related issues;
• Foster ALAAN members’ cooperation and communication on legal aid services development related to strategies to support the effective delivery of legal aid services;
• Provide case specific legal and related advice and mentoring, in collaboration with the Legal Specialist;
• Develop written weekly and quarterly reports of activities;
• Develop monthly progress on work plan implementation as well as other reports or information requested;
• Perform any other relevant duties as requested by the supervisor.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Experience in capacity building and application of adult learning principles in a training/capacity development environment;
• Good analytical skills & basic knowledge in entering data on online databases.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of IT software and the internet.
• Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results.
• Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Ability and willingness to travel within Afghanistan
• Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate.
• Advanced university degree in Shari’a Law or LLB degree, LLM would be an asset.
• Professional experience as a legal practitioner in criminal law as either a judge, prosecutor or lawyer, or a similar position within an Afghan justice system agency, NGO, or international organization.
• Fluency in English and Dari is required, knowledge of Pashto and Arabic would be an advantage.
• Legal training facilitation and mentoring;
• Legal case handling.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Law
Please submit your Application to the email provided, and indicate clearly in the subject of your e-mail the position (Legal Analyst) and the Vacancy number (IDLO/SAJA/21/2018) you are applying. Please read the vacancy and make sure your experience and qualification meets the above criteria and if any application does not meet the requirements will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for Test/Interview!
|More jobs in this category|
|Legal Intern at Jabarkhail & Associates Legal Consultancy LLC||Kabul||19 Feb 2019|