Senior Teacher ELT Business Development(874 Views)
About British Council Afghanistan
The British Council is the United Kingdom's international organisation for educational opportunities and cultural relations. We operate in 100 countries. Our purpose is to build mutually beneficial relationships between people in the UK and other countries and increase appreciation of the UK's creative ideas and achievements.
To manage both the active pursuit and effective delivery of English contracts, projects and services in order to achieve the defined regional and local strategic outcomes. To lead on contract pursuit. To manage Grant-Funded ELT programmes, including the provision of administrative & logistical support in line with agreed policies and procedures related to procurement, finance and customer services. To play a key role in upholding a culture of cooperation and collaboration by delivering customer focussed support to the programme team and clients. To deliver training and observe teachers and trainers. To pursue new ELT business opportunities for British Council Afghanistan.
|Date Posted:||02 Oct 2018||Reference:||0050|
|Closing Date:||17 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Education||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Fixed-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||6 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• To oversee the contract pursuit, design, development, delivery, administration, organisation, technical supervision and promotion of a range of British Council English projects and events, including Regional and Global Projects.
• Delivering well-planned and appropriate teacher training input sessions
• Monitoring and recording teacher quality through classroom observations
• To provide support on Country Delivery Plan in terms of English projects to satisfaction of Country Director and/or Head of English and Exams
• To oversee/deliver the preparation of relevant sections of Country Delivery Plan, Country Marketing Analysis, Project Initiation documents to the satisfaction of Country Director, Head of English & Exams and Regional Project Manager(s).
• To make sure that Regional & local products and services are delivered within budget, on time, and to the agreed quality standards
• To oversee all financial matters (planning, budget estimates, quotations, payments requests, commitments, expenditure records, cash flow forecasts etc) are maintained and submitted in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with British Council systems.
• To make sure all correspondence and enquiries relevant to the programme are answered promptly within the standard time limit
• Evaluation (including REF MCC & ACC) carried out to corporate standards and methodology
• Regular and active participation in cross departmental office meetings and training sessions
• Confidence in processing correspondence and liaising with government departments as required
• Oversee contract pursuit and delivery of programmes as per corporate policies and standards, including Corporate Customer Service Standards, British Council Equality & Diversity (EO&D) policies & practice, Child Protection & Data Protection requirements
• Perform SAP related duties to oversee the programme activities
Communications Skills (more demanding), Project and Contract Management (more demanding) and Marketing and Customer Service (more demanding)
Essential Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area, desirable MA in ELT/ MBA or CELTA Qualified
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Education
All applications must be made using the British Council application form. Obtain the Application from our website https://www.britishcouncil.af/about/jobs
Further details of the posts can be obtained from the same address.
Please note that application is by this form only. We WILL NOT accept CVs.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. Both men and women are welcome to apply for the mentioned posts.
We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria.
|More jobs in this category|
|Consultant (Gender Analysis in Education) at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|Consultant (Conflict Assessment in Education) at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|English Language Teacher at SDROA||Badghis||24 Dec 2018|
|Master Trainer / English Teacher at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||17 Dec 2018|
|Kindergarten Teacher at Mehr Kindergarten||Kabul||18 Dec 2018|
|English Teachers (Native speakers) at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of spoken En..||Kabul||05 Jan 2019|
|English Language Instructor/Computer teacher at Ama-E-Shamal Institute of..||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|
|معلم Teacher at Barakat International School||Kabul||27 Jan 2019|
|GEOGRAPHY TEACHER at ARIANA AFGHAN TURK HIGH SCHOOL||Kabul||31 Jan 2019|
|BCS Lecturer at Jahan University||Kabul||31 Mar 2019|
|English Teacher at Elahm-e-Navin Academic Center||Kabul||31 Dec 2018|