System Administrator(1010 Views)
NETLINKS Ltd is one of the largest and fastest-growing ICT solution provider companies in Afghanistan with its focus on Software Development, Web Development and Designing and Full Spectrum Web and Email Hosting Services. NETLINKS has been operating in Afghanistan since 2005 and has grown several-fold ever since, as one of the biggest ICT firms in the country, NETLINKS currently employs more than 280 national and international staff members including a highly capable and qualified management team. With its corporate offices in capital Kabul, NETLINKS also has an office in India (Ahmedabad).
As a 100% Afghan owned and operated firm NETLINKS Ltd is a registered and licensed company with the Afghan government under AISA license number D-21519. Being partner with several world renowned ICT companies and brands NETLINKS Ltd is an exclusive partner of OpenERP Belgium in Afghanistan, Platinum member of Afghanistan Chamber of Commerce and Industries and a founding member of the National ICT Alliance of Afghanistan (NICTAA).
Under the direct supervision of the Lifecycle Manager and in close coordination with the Program Manager, the Technical Lead and the Site Leads, the System Administrator is responsible for the overall effective and efficient operations of the program related systems, networks, hardware and software infrastructure by planning, designing, coordinating, communicating, provisioning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, maintaining and sustaining all the relevant program systems, hardware, software and related infrastructure. The System Administrator should also be regularly engaged in relevant technical research and development to ensure continued and sustained improvement and efficiency in all program related systems and infrastructure.
The key duties and responsibilities of the System Administrator under the APPS program are as follows:
|Date Posted:||02 Oct 2018||Reference:||SA10318|
|Closing Date:||13 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||IT - Software||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per company salary scale|
|Contract Type:||Long-term||Years of Experience:||3 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||0 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Closely work with the Lifecycle Manager, the Program Manager, the Site Leads and other relevant program teams and personnel to conceptualize, coordinate, communicate, and develop definition of the relevant technical needs; technical research, analysis and design of relevant systems and infrastructure.
• Work from NETLINKS’ HQ and/or site offices at the Afghan Ministries of Defense and/or Interior, to provide regular support and assistance with the designing, installation, configuration, deployment, troubleshooting, maintenance and sustainment of all the relevant physical and logical program infrastructure, systems and peripherals consisting of multiplatform database servers, SAN storage infrastructure and devices, application servers, backup and DR servers and other backup media and peripherals, networking and communication devices and phiereperials, security and firewalling equipment and peripherals.
• Regularly administer, monitor, evaluate, analyze, troubleshoot and maintain all the physical and logical program related systems and infrastructure including application and database servers, storage infrastructure and devices, backup and DR servers and other peripherals, networking and communication devices and phiereperials, security and firewalling equipment and peripherals. for optimum performance and high availability to all authorized system users at all times.
• Perform daily system administration and monitoring tasks, to confirm and verify the integrity and availability of all program related physical and logical infrastructure, systems and key processes by reviewing relevant system and application logs, and verifying the successful completion of periodic automated scheduled jobs such as routine and periodic backups and other maintenance activities.
• Perform regular and period off and on-site backup operations, ensuring that all the required and critical systems’ data are successfully backed-up and/or replicated to the appropriate backup and recovery media and systems.
• Regularly administer and monitor the security and integrity of all relevant physical and logical program infrastructure and systems for any potential breaches and/or intrusions and ensure that their adherence and compliance with all program related security and integrity measures and standards.
• Install, configure, troubleshoot, deploy, maintain and administer new and existing program related servers, workstations, laptops and desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, software, patches, upgrades and updates as/when required.
• Conduct and report regular and periodic on and/or off-site installation, configuration, maintenance, support and troubleshooting of the relevant physical and logical program infrastructure and systems as/when needed.
• Ensure that all program related physical and logical infrastructure and systems, hardware, software and relevant policies, procedures and practices strictly adhere to the program standards and procedures and are designed and implemented to enable and empower all relevant program personnel, partners, clients and stakeholders.
• Regularly research and perform hardware and software performance tuning, upgrades and resource optimization and recommend timely improvements, upgrades, optimizations and fixes in all program related physical and logical infrastructure and systems. Stay current and updated with the relevant industry skills, knowledge, trends and developments.
• Provide relevant assistance and support with any ongoing infrastructure and systems contingency, disaster recovery, repairs and/or failures by coordinating and communicate with the relevant impacted program constituencies.
• Coordinate, draft, develop, present and communicate regular, periodic and occasional job related documentations, reports, briefings and presentations to the supervisor(s), program management, and other program teams, stakeholders, partners and clients as/when requested and necessary.
• Closely work with other program teams, clients, partners and stakeholders to provide and facilitate an efficient, expandable and seamless multitier technical support infrastructure that effectively responds to the growing technical support needs and requirements of all the program clients and users.
• If/when required, support and participate in relevant technical trainings, briefings, orientations and other knowledge transfer activities, to train and educate other relevant program teams and personnel especially the multitier technical support teams and personnel, with the required skills and knowledge.
• If/when required, travel to the remote program site and field offices outside Kabul to provide program and job related assistance and support as instructed and assigned by the supervisor and/or the program manager.
• Perform any other relevant tasks and responsibilities especially any Tier-III level technical support and assistance assigned by the supervisor and/or the Program Manager within the scope and context of the program and this position.
Travels to Provinces
Require Travels to Provinces
• Good communication skills complimented by a professional and respectful attitude and a problem solving aptitude; creative thinking and the ability to work under pressure and in a stressful program environment.
• At least a 4 years Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (IT), Computer Sciences or other relevant disciplines, preferably with a focus on IT systems administration and management.
• Proven professional track record and at least 5 years of relevant experience as a system administrator with recognized national and/or international organization(s).
• Working experience with cross platform OS and database systems and physical infrastructures including and especially Linux (Ubuntu, GNU and CLI), Posgres-SQL, VMware (ESXi); Dell blade servers (FC and FX series), Dell SAN Storages (SC series), Brocade SAN FC switches (300 Series), Dell Switches (S Series), Cyberroam Sophos Firewalls (XG series).
• Discuss, interpret and elaborate technical information and contexts with others, which involves complex terminologies or concepts not familiar to non-technical people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving such complex issues. May resolve problems within established practices.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, IT - Software
Interested candidates should send their CV via e-mail to the following email clearly indicate in the subject line the title of the position and Vacancy Announcement Number, Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will contact for a written test.
|More jobs in this category|
|Software Engineer at Ministry of Industry & Commerce||Kabul||23 Feb 2019|
|System Administrator Specialist - DBA at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Software Developer Specialist at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Software Developer Officer at National Procurement Authority||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Software Developer Officer-Quality Assurance at National Procurement Auth..||Kabul||21 Feb 2019|
|Senior MIS Specialist at WEE-NPP||Kabul||22 Feb 2019|
|IT/Webmaster Assistant at Kakar Advocates LLC||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|