Senior Procurement Officer(994 Views)
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), through its 2006 Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS), set out ambitious three to five year goals for increasing access to electricity. The aim was for electricity supply to reach at least 65 percent of households and 90 percent of non-residential establishments in major urban areas and at least 25 percent of households in rural areas. This would have represented a considerable increase over the rate of electrification – which had last been reliably estimated at six percent nationwide in 2003. More recent estimates suggest that some 25-30 percent of households have access to grid electricity. There appears to be no reliable estimate for the number of people with access to off-grid electricity although there is some 134MW of small hydro, diesel generators and solar power installed.
Responsibility for management and operation of the electricity system rests with Da Afghanistan Breshna Sherkat (DABS), the national electricity utility. Until 2009, DABS was a department of the Ministry of Energy and Water (MEW). DABS’s corporatization has been accompanied by a strong program of commercialization supported by the World Bank and more recently by USAID. DABS are responsible for the installed domestic generation capacity, including about 230MW of hydropower and with it Naghlu Hydropower Plant, although only about 138MW is currently in service.
Senior Procurement Officer, under the supervision of the Procurement Director is responsible for leading the preparation and execution of all contract documentation under the directorate in accordance with the Government of Afghanistan and donor rules, and responsible for assisting the team in management of the tendering process, bid evaluation and award approval process.
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA-DABS-HQs/97-0331|
|Closing Date:||16 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
"DABS will hire an individual Senior Procurement Officer to support the work of the procurement directorate.
A. The following tasks to be undertaken by the Senior Procurement Officer:
1. To assist procurement team of DABS and work along with the Procurement Advisor and with the, World Bank Funded projects team and other international Specialists.
2. Identify the most appropriate procurement approach and packaging of the assignments.
3. Preparation REOI/ RFP/SBD and Shopping documents of commercial aspects.
Coordinate with Technical department to have the Technical specifications documents, Employers Requirements etc. and to compile the Bidding documents for submission to Review and NOL.
4. The Senior Procurement Officer shall provide overall procurement guidance and support during the bidding/selection process using the Government of Afghanistan and Donors standard Procurement Guidelines
5. Follow up with the respective departments of DABS on processes to ensure compliance with Government of Afghanistan and Donors procurement requirements within DABS\'s operational procurement framework.
6. Consult with the stakeholders in all aspects of the procurement system, bidding documents and procurement plan review and revision.
7. Co-ordinate with Evaluation Committee members for completing the TEC & FEC reports for approval of DABS management
8. Corresponded with the Bidders for clarifications on the Procurement related activities
9. Senior Procurement Officer shall prepare the Final Bid evaluation report and submission to DABS Procurement team for review and seeking approval from DABS management.
10. Preparation of Notification of Award, draft Contract Agreement as per the Government of Afghanistan and Donors templates and submission to Procurement Director for obtaining NOL.
11. Preparing the letters and Mail to the stakeholders for obtaining NOL,
12. Regular Follow ups and review meetings with DABS procurement departments on the progress of the procurement.
13. Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly progress reports and submission to DABS management.
14. Representing DABS to consult closely with the World Bank’s procurement team.
15. Assist Evaluation committees and Purchasing committees for overall documentation / document preparation.
• Bachelor’s degree preferably in public administration, management, development or any other fields from a recognized, accredited university.
• At least 5 years’ experience of public procurement with Government of Afghanistan and international donors funded projects out of which a minimum of 3 years should be in the capacity senior procurement officer.
• Working with Government of Afghanistan and International Donors (World Bank, ADB, USAID and UN) and its projects is preferable.
• Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English Language as well one of the national languages (Pashto-Dari).
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Please submit your application form along with cover letter to email mentioned below Please mention the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
You can find the Application form in below link; it is your responsibility to accurately enter the information in Application Form and use digital signature. DO NOT upload any additional documents;
DABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with good knowledge base and experience background are Mostly Preferred. DABS does not discriminate in employment on the race, religion, gender, political affiliation, disability, age or other non-merit factor.
Please note: that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Custom/Procurment Assistant at ALEF Technology||Kabul||02 Mar 2019|
|Procurement & Contract Management Assistant at Hawk Vision||Kabul||28 Feb 2019|
|Senior Procurement Officer at MISFA Ltd.||Kabul||20 Feb 2019|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 May 2019|