Senior Procurement and Contract Expert(366 Views)
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), through its 2006 Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS), set out ambitious three to five year goals for increasing access to electricity. The aim was for electricity supply to reach at least 65 percent of households and 90 percent of non-residential establishments in major urban areas and at least 25 percent of households in rural areas. This would have represented a considerable increase over the rate of electrification – which had last been reliably estimated at six percent nationwide in 2003. More recent estimates suggest that some 25-30 percent of households have access to grid electricity. There appears to be no reliable estimate for the number of people with access to off-grid electricity although there is some 134MW of small hydro, diesel generators and solar power installed.
Grant Agreement between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (hereinafter called the recipient) and Asian Development Bank (hereinafter Called) ADB.
The Recipient and ADB entered in to the Framework Financing Agreements for the purposes of Multi tranche financing facility to help the Afghanistan fund projects and subprojects under its energy section development investment program.
The projects will promote economic development and will contribute to poverty reduction by ensuring sustainable and reliable electricity supply, it well improve power transmission and distribution infrastructure through rehabilitation, augmentation and expansion of the primary high-voltage and low-voltage transmission networks, and will promote rural electrification and development of renewable energy
The duties and responsibilities of the Sr. Procurement and contract Expert will include but not limited to:
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA-DABS-HQs/97-0333|
|Closing Date:||16 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||2||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Procurement||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||7 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
• Prepare procurement plans for various projects of ADB-PIU for adherence to the time schedule and to avoid potential delays in procurement.
• Prepare and finalize bid documents, BOQ, contract documents, technical specifications, drawings etc. for procurement of civil works for various projects in ADB-PIU.
• Ensure invitation of bids, evaluate proposals and prepare evaluation reports, finalize the contract documents and assist in signing of contracts.
• For procurement of consultant’s services for various projects in ADB-PIU -prepare and finalize notice for invitation of EOIs, evaluate and prepare evaluation reports, prepare RFP documents, ensure invitation of proposals, evaluate proposals and prepare evaluation reports, finalize the contract documents and assist in signing of contracts.
• Liaise with NPA, MoF, ADB, other donors and various directorates of DABS for ensuring effective procurement.
• Collate and finalize procurement guidelines for ADB-PIU for adherence to project implementation, taking into account the laws and regulations of the government
• Maintain all procedure records
• Ensuring compliance of loan/grant covenants
• Coordinate and work with other teams to achieve progress in procurement and implementation.
• Manage organization resources as per the contract.
• Contributes to the development of organizational strategies and implement them across the division or organization/project.
• Taking the required decisions, planning and finding solutions for various problems and challenges.
• The prospective Procurement/legal advisor will report to the Program Director.
• Collaborate with technical resource staff to develop specifications, requirements and guidelines
• Develop detailed Project Contract status reports and oversee the pay request process
• Review and make appropriate recommendations regarding all construction change order requests.
• Evaluate contracts for potential performance risk. Develop bid terms and conditions
• Evaluate or coordinate the evaluation of contractor performance or quality of services
• Prepare paid and unpaid invoice status reports.
• Prepare past performance reports for applicable contracts using the Contractor Performance Report database and tracks the status of reports.
• Provide information and assistance to program staff on a variety of procurement matters
• Analysis of construction requirements for cost-saving and reduction strategies.
• Planning and implementing a sound and sustainable procurement process, including sourcing Strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management and performance measurement
• Timely and duly prepared procurement plans for the office and monitoring of their implementation.
• Prepare Statement of Works, Terms of Reference, solicitation documents, Contracts, and other documents required for project implementation in cooperation with Project Development Unit.
• Assist in international bidding processes, manage the prequalification and short-listing of bidders, preparations of bids, issuance of bids, pre-bid conference, receipt and opening of bids, bid evaluation, recommendation of award, contracts negotiations, contract finalization and issuance.
• Develop and implement systems for internal control that would ensure compliance with contractual terms and conditions, in collaboration with the operations team.
• Make recommendations for payments upon review of reports and comments from the Operations.
• Monitor and analyze contract performance against agreed benchmarks and through agreed reporting mechanism. Advise Project Manager on any potential issues and recommend remedial actions or solutions.
• Negotiate, within the terms and conditions of the contract, solutions to conflicts/problems arising in case of poor performance or non-compliance with contractual obligations.
• Assist the Program director in overall planning and managing of procurement legal activities according to procurement law.
• Advising on accurate accounts of all procurement processes so that all procurement processes are done using the Afghanistan, ADB procedures and guidelines as agreed upon by the government.
• Advise in review & amendment of the legal/regulatory framework, as required and propose reforms and improvements in procurement practices to accomplish the purposes of the procurement law.
• Build the capacities of the ADB-PIU staff and “trouble shooting” on any procurement issues that may arise especially legal activities.
• Any other relevant task assigned by the ADB-PIU Director.
• Proven background in similar positions.
• Must have relevant technical knowledge.
• Motivation/Self Reliance.
• Be familiar with Afghan Taxation Law.
• Be familiar with NPA rules & regulation.
• Be familiar with Afghan Procurement law and guidelines.
• Good skill in organization and filled Management.
• understanding of ADB’s procurement and Consultant recruitment guidelines.
• procedures, Experience in handling procurement of civil works, FIDIC contracts and management and consultant’s services.
• preferably for road projects funded by the multi-lateral agencies.
• The ideal candidate should have a thorough understanding of procurement policies of the donors and the procurement law of the Government of Afghanistan
The Senior Procurement & Contract Expert is expected to have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Political Science, Social Science, Engineering and Economics. Master Degree is preferred
A minimum 7 years of relevant working experience is required for bachelor degree. 5 years of working experience with Master Degree.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Business Administration
Please submit your application form along with cover letter to email mentioned below Please mention the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
You can find the Application form in below link; it is your responsibility to accurately enter the information in Application Form and use digital signature. DO NOT upload any additional documents;
DABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with good knowledge base and experience background are Mostly Preferred. DABS does not discriminate in employment on the race, religion, gender, political affiliation, disability, age or other non-merit factor.
Please note: that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Procurement Assistant ( عضو تهیه و ت.. at Pashtany Bank||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-Announce)Sr. Procurement & Contract Manag.. at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|
|Female Procurement Analyst at Youth in Action Consulting Company||Multi Cities||29 Nov 2018|