Senior Lead Scheduler(265 Views)
The Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (GoIRA), through its 2006 Afghanistan National Development Strategy (ANDS), set out ambitious three to five year goals for increasing access to electricity. The aim was for electricity supply to reach at least 65 percent of households and 90 percent of non-residential establishments in major urban areas and at least 25 percent of households in rural areas. This would have represented a considerable increase over the rate of electrification – which had last been reliably estimated at six percent nationwide in 2003. More recent estimates suggest that some 25-30 percent of households have access to grid electricity. There appears to be no reliable estimate for the number of people with access to off-grid electricity although there is some 134MW of small hydro, diesel generators and solar power installed.
Grant Agreement between the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan (hereinafter called the recipient) and Asian Development Bank (hereinafter Called) ADB.
The Recipient and ADB entered in to the Framework Financing Agreements for the purposes of Multi tranche financing facility to help the Afghanistan fund projects and subprojects under its energy section development investment program.
The projects will promote economic development and will contribute to poverty reduction by ensuring sustainable and reliable electricity supply, it well improve power transmission and distribution infrastructure through rehabilitation, augmentation and expansion of the primary high-voltage and low-voltage transmission networks, and will promote rural electrification and development of renewable energy
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions such as:
|Date Posted:||03 Oct 2018||Reference:||VA-DABS-HQs/97-0335|
|Closing Date:||16 Oct 2018||Work Type:||Full Time|
|Number of Vacancies:||1||Gender:||Any|
|Functional Area:||Administrative||Open Ended:||NO|
|Nationality:||Afghan||Salary Range:||As per NTA Salary Scale Policy10000.0|
|Contract Type:||Consultant||Years of Experience:||5 Year(s)|
|Contract Duration:||1 Year(s) & 0 Month(s)||Extension Possibility:||Yes|
|Probation Period:||3 Months|
Duties and Responsibilities
Proposal Schedule Development
• Develop preliminary project schedule using limited project documents.
• Identify the primary critical path
• Identify key and long lead items
• Provide potential schedule alternates
Baseline Schedule Development
• Identify owner or end-user project milestones which may be imperative for project success.
• Work with the design team to determine durations and sequencing of all design phase activities.
• Review the site logistics with the project manager and superintendent. Identify and schedule key logistical considerations such as, site utilities, working hour restrictions, site access, staging area restrictions, and weather.
• Work with trade contractors and vendors to determine shop drawing durations, material lead times, work sequencing, and work item durations.
• Combine all schedule elements into a Master Project Schedule depicting the interrelationships and duration of key project activities, including:
• Schematic design, if applicable.
• Design development, if applicable.
• Construction document development, if applicable.
• Applications and approvals for governing authorities.
• Required documentation for procuring specialty or long lead materials and equipment (early design packages).
• Owner decisions and approvals.
• Bidding and award of construction contracts.
• Shop drawing preparation and approvals.
• Coordination Drawings
• Fabrication period and milestones.
• Implementation and administration of all trade activities.
• Schedule of building commissioning, turnover and occupancy requirements.
• Manpower loading information as required.
• Ability to work on multiple projects or tasks, have good time management skills
• Ability to maximize the use of current software, look for opportunities to innovate
• Work independently, self-motivated, collaborative, assertive
• Ability to interact with all members of project team: subcontractors, field staff, client, etc.
• Ability to clearly communicate, both orally and in writing/graphically.
• Minimum of BA/B.Sc, degree in engineering with min. 5 years’ experience are required or Master degree with 3 years of relevant experience.
• Work experience with international organizations such as, ADB, WB, JICA, USAID or other is desirable. Direct experience in capacity development programs and/or government setting is desirable.
Afghanistan - Kabul
AF AF 12
Bachelors Degree, Engineering
Please submit your application form along with cover letter to email mentioned below Please mention the position name and vacancy number in the subject line of your email.
You can find the Application form in below link; it is your responsibility to accurately enter the information in Application Form and use digital signature. DO NOT upload any additional documents;
DABS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates with good knowledge base and experience background are Mostly Preferred. DABS does not discriminate in employment on the race, religion, gender, political affiliation, disability, age or other non-merit factor.
Please note: that only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test or interview.
|More jobs in this category|
|Medical Record Assistant at French Medical Institute for Mothers and Chil..||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Admin Assistant Officer at Voice of Humanitarian Coordination||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Receptionist at Islamic Bank of Afghanistan||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|Driver at Afghanaid||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Base Logistician at ACTION CONTRE LA FAIM||Ghowr||25 Oct 2018|
|Team Assistant, (Temporary Appointment at Gra.. at World Health Organizat..||Kabul||28 Oct 2018|
|Internship at Afghanistan Cricket Board||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Secretary (Rover) FSN-05 (Multiple Vacancies) at USAID/Afghanistan||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|(دستیار مدیر آرشیف ( مرکز at DABS||Kabul||29 Oct 2018|
|Learning Centre Coordinator at British Council Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Data and Scholarships Manager at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Office Peon at WEE-NPP||Kabul||27 Oct 2018|
|(Re-announce)CASA-1000 Focal Point for MEW at DABS||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Senior Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|Student Recruitment Officer at American University of Afghanistan||Kabul||25 Oct 2018|
|(کارمند اداری (مرکز at DABS||Kabul||23 Oct 2018|
|Economic analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||01 Nov 2018|
|Political analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Administrative Assistant at UNESCO Kabul||Kabul||21 Oct 2018|
|social analyst at U.A.E. Embassy||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|
|Managing Director at Moraa Educational Complex||Kabul||31 Oct 2018|